Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 500x in 395 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    The Lancet, despite their excellent reputation cannot be trusted on this issue and they have been forced to retract one article already. As for how it kills , I don't think that is as important as the kill rate which is flu like
    When will you guys understand that The Lancet does not author the studies? It is merely the publisher. Scientific journals don't function like newspapers.

Yes, a fraudulent paper made it into The Lancet, which is unusual. Their peer reviewers didn't spot the incongruences which is unusual. Those two will probably never peer review a study for The Lancet in the future and the Chief Editor would probably love to boil them in hot oil if he could get away with murder. Others spotted the issue, and The Lancet reacted immediately, withdrawing the study in a week.

THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT ALL STUDIES PUBLISHED BY THE LANCET ARE FRAUDULENT, WHICH IS THOROUGHLY ABSURD!!! (Pardon my yelling. I get frustrated with this).

That's the same as saying "Some guy robbed a bank in South Dakota. That means that all citizens of the United States cannot be trusted on not being bank-robbers as well."

The people who published this article in The Lancet I've just quoted (which again, is just the messenger; just the publisher; The Lancet doesn't have the power to change a study; they just publish it verbatim as the authors submitted) have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the Surgisphere rogue group that managed to place a fraudulent study there. The fact that the Surgisphere study was fraudulent has no bearing on this study I quoted. Gee!

This is a series report sponsored by the NIH and New York University, not some fringe group like Surgisphere. See this, from the study:

Role of Funding: There was no external funding for this analysis. This study was supported, in part, by the Intramural Research Program of the NIH, National Cancer Institute.

Ethics: Reporting of this series of clinically indicated autopsies was exempted by the NYU Grossman School of Medicine Institutional Review Board. Consent was provided by the legal next of kin in each case.
    The kill rate of COVID-19 is absolutely not flu-like.

Just look at the last 31 years worth of seasonal flu. Average peak death daily rate in the US: 64 per day. Remember, COVID-19 had almost 3,000 daily deaths on a certain day in May at peak, spent several weeks killing more than 1,400 daily, and is still killing 850 people per day. That's several times more than the flu. Covid-19 killed in 4 months more than 3 times more than the worst seasonal flu in the last ten years killed in 12 months (all the above comes from CDC data I've linked to in past posts of mine; it's in my posting history but you can explore the CDC site and find the info there; look for death data from the flu in the last ten years, and for their project of reviewing the 31 last flu seasons.

To suppose that this disease kills at the same rate as the seasonal flu is utterly absurd and a strong denial of reality.

And it's not even just the deaths. Unlike the flu, COVID-19 leaves some 5% of people with serious permanent organ damage. Good luck finding a flu case like that of the Broadway actor Nick Cordero, 41-year-old previously healthy guy who battled COVID-19 for 13 weeks, got one leg amputated due to blood clots, renal failure with need for dialysis, heart rhythm issues that needed a pacemaker, extensive lung scars that dramatically decreased his lung function, and then he ultimately died.

I'll sit and wait for you to send me evidence of this kind of dramatic multi-organ damage in flu patients. Your turn.
    Last edited by CenterField; 07-11-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wear a mask, wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    CenterField's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Fair enough.
    Thanks. But if you replied to my post at the stage of it when you quoted it (first, I posted just that), I did extensively add to it, with many more pieces of evidence, so look at it again please, if you will.
    Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wear a mask, wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Actually, it's more like 0.2% that die. At any rate, stating facts is not minimizing the problem. Rather, it's minimizing your wild exaggerations of the problem.
    It's rather ironic, nurses and others reference the deaths of children for the necessity of wearing these masks when children have accounted for so few deaths in this scamdemic. Their fellow MDs and nurses are killing children in the thousands each day and I've yet to see one nurse wear a mask for those lost children. Last year, Virginia Governor Northam advocated the killing of the newborn and I don't think I heard a word from any one in the medical field.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-11-2020)

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    CenterField's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplePamDowdy View Post
    It's rather ironic, nurses and others reference the deaths of children for the necessity of wearing these masks when children have accounted for so few deaths in this scamdemic. Their fellow MDs and nurses are killing children in the thousands each day and I've yet to see one nurse wear a mask for those lost children. Last year, Virginia Governor Northam advocated the killing of the newborn and I don't think I heard a word from any one in the medical field.
    Yes, children are *extremely* unlikely to die from COVID-19, fortunately. There's been a few cases of Kawasaki syndrome (like some 100 cases described so far) and a handful of them resulted in fatalities, but this, related to the population of children in the United States, is infinitesimally small. I don't know exactly what you're talking about when you mention MDs and nurses killing children in the thousands each day, unless you're referring to abortions. For the record, I'm personally against abortions, would never perform one, and thankfully my wife shares my objections based on moral standards and religious beliefs, and also thankfully my daughter never had to face something like this (that I know; we raised her well enough to trust her) as she was wise enough not to get an unwanted pregnancy. This said, I don't try to impose my moral and religious standards onto others. They should make up their own minds and face the consequences for their choices, in my humble opinion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CenterField For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread