User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 30-year-old dies after attending 'COVID party' thinking virus was a 'hoax'

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,263x in 20,294 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    That’s it. If we need more just print it.
    a loaf of bread is a hundred dollars.....................
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,966x in 55,594 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    a loaf of bread is a hundred dollars.....................
    Weimar Republic.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (07-14-2020)

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    CenterField's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 500x in 395 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    Again, there is no getting away from this. Everyone will be touched one way or another. Society has just proven my case. If you sheltered in place and didn't get expose, you will when you crawl out of wherever you are living. Just because you've sheltered doesn't grant you any immunity.
    I've had it and only spent about 1 day getting through it. As of yesterday with my second test (school employment testing required this year) came back clean. I am good to go, but only because I was exposed early on and developed my own immunity. That is the theory behind herd immunity.
    Any vaccine they develop will be a vaccine issued behind the curve..
    God....I love how people like you are already announcing that this is an ELE..............if it is, there is no stopping it.
    Good for you that you got a mild case. Some were not so lucky.

Me, I'm not "crawling out" of wherever I'm living (thanks for the personal attack; I won't respond in kind because I don't do those), because I go to work every day, and you'd be surprised if I were to tell you, doing what. I'll just tell you this: its a *very* essential activity, and it gets me pretty exposed - still, I soldier on. That's the problem with making assumptions about people... you don't know me and you don't know what I do, and you assume that I'm under some rock and one day will crawl out of it...

As for my talking about LEL, I never said that. It's in my very signature: "don't panic." The thing is, you have a stereotypical view of what I'm standing for, and if I don't fit in it, you'll force me in it anyway. Like saying that I'm a fearmonger after I spent the entire time posting about how minimal the risk for children is... Well, a fearmonger would be saying OH MY GOD IT'S TOO DANGEROUS DON'T REOPEN THE SCHOOLS!!! Me, I was saying in these very words, "the risk is infinitesimally small." Kind of a weird thing to say, for a fearmonger... So I don't fit your stereotype, but that won't be a reason for you to abandon it... you'll just double up and talk about "people like me." Great.

Seems like you don't understand how herd immunity works, and what the role of vaccines in herd immunity is. I've given you the information but you want to ignore it. Be my guest. There's just so much I can do and if you don't want to listen. The country that tried the hardest to get herd immunity ended up with just 7% of the population with antibodies.... With the SARS-CoV-2 basic reproduction number (that's the R0 you may have heard of) variable between 2.0 and 5.7, heard immunity for this disease would need two things: 50 to 82.5% of the population exposed (as it is calculated as the reverse of the R0 number), and lasting antibodies.

Any epidemiologist will tell you that there is a better way to achieve herd immunity than exposing 82.5% of the population to a virus that steadily kills at least 1%, with the odds being that herd immunity won't even be achievable anyway: it's called a vaccine. To think that someone who is optimistic about one is a fearmonger is preposterous.

But whatever. I'm done trying to explain it to you. Good bye and have a nice life. You won't get more answers or comments from me. Over and out.
    Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wear a mask, wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,263x in 20,294 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CenterField View Post
    Good for you that you got a mild case. Some were not so lucky.

Me, I'm not "crawling out" of wherever I'm living (thanks for the personal attack; I won't respond in kind because I don't do those), because I go to work every day, and you'd be surprised if I were to tell you, doing what. I'll just tell you this: its a *very* essential activity, and it gets me pretty exposed - still, I soldier on. That's the problem with making assumptions about people... you don't know me and you don't know what I do, and you assume that I'm under some rock and one day will crawl out of it...

As for my talking about LEL, I never said that. It's in my very signature: "don't panic." The thing is, you have a stereotypical view of what I'm standing for, and if I don't fit in it, you'll force me in it anyway. Like saying that I'm a fearmonger after I spent the entire time posting about how minimal the risk for children is... Well, a fearmonger would be saying OH MY GOD IT'S TOO DANGEROUS DON'T REOPEN THE SCHOOLS!!! Me, I was saying in these very words, "the risk is infinitesimally small." Kind of a weird thing to say, for a fearmonger... So I don't fit your stereotype, but that won't be a reason for you to abandon it... you'll just double up and talk about "people like me." Great.

Seems like you don't understand how herd immunity works, and what the role of vaccines in herd immunity is. I've given you the information but you want to ignore it. Be my guest. There's just so much I can do and if you don't want to listen. The country that tried the hardest to get herd immunity ended up with just 7% of the population with antibodies.... With the SARS-CoV-2 basic reproduction number (that's the R0 you may have heard of) variable between 2.0 and 5.7, heard immunity for this disease would need two things: 50 to 82.5% of the population exposed (as it is calculated as the reverse of the R0 number), and lasting antibodies.

Any epidemiologist will tell you that there is a better way to achieve herd immunity than exposing 82.5% of the population to a virus that steadily kills at least 1%, with the odds being that herd immunity won't even be achievable anyway: it's called a vaccine. To think that someone who is optimistic about one is a fearmonger is preposterous.

But whatever. I'm done trying to explain it to you. Good bye and have a nice life. You won't get more answers or comments from me. Over and out.
    So far, all of the so-called experts have gotten it wrong.
    I suspect most of those deniers are well vested in the mask market................this also comes from the same group that uses defunct climate models as their predictions. They have failed at that as well.
    In other words, your reports are based on speculation because it's too early in the game to come up with anything concrete.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

+ Reply to Thread