User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekend wave of vandalism and arson hits Catholic churches......

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Or use their machetes.
    I don't know if MS 13 is religious.....but then they just might want to go after the leftness based on seeing the beta class for what it is.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-14-2020)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
    Really shows what the left wing democrats are .
    Hopefully they will get out there and be marching with BLM when it happens.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    'Act of hatred': Weekend wave of vandalism and arson hits Catholic churches....

Several Catholic churches were burned or vandalized over the weekend, as religious people across the country face crossfire in a war over the public use of Christian symbols.

In two cases, authorities found two statues of the Blessed Virgin Mary mutilated outside Catholic parishes. The first, a stone statue in New York City, was vandalized late Friday night with the word “IDOL.” Witnesses told police that a masked woman fled the scene after spray painting the word lengthwise down the statue.

James Kuroly, the rector of Cathedral Preparatory School and Seminary, where the statue is located, called the incident “an act of hatred” in a statement.

All throughout the weekend, the two groups competed for attention in front of a statue of King Louis IX in St. Louis. The statue, which honors the city’s namesake, has been a point of controversy for nearly a month now, with many people calling for it to be torn down.

On Sunday, police arrested seven people as they attempted to clear the protesters away from the statue. Catholics nearby gathered to pray the rosary for peace in the city later that evening.

In the most dramatic clashes over statues, protesters in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Sacramento have toppled statues of Junipero Serra, a Spanish missionary priest credited with the conversion of many Native Americans.

Around the same time that fire was set, a man in Ocala, Florida, set fire to a church where people were preparing for mass. He intentionally crashed a minivan into the front doors of the church, got out of his car, and poured gas all over the ground before lighting it on fire, according to police reports.

Police apprehended him shortly afterward. No one was injured in the incident. The man later told police that he knew burning the church was “wrong” but felt compelled to do it anyway because of his disagreements with the Catholic Church, according to the Ocala News.....snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...holic-churches

Ah the leftness is upping the ante
    . Going after Churches. Thinking they can intimidate Christians. But hey the left doesn't want to start a civil war. That's Right leftists keep going after those Latinos and watch when they say they have had enough of your Bull$#@!.

If you don't like the statue don't look at it. Build your own. Personally I doubt the "missionary style" conversion of natives was all sunshine and lolipops ( well maybe some of the latter)
    BUT..,. so what? Don't like the statue , don't worship the statue. Build your owm. I heard they even toppled a statue of a damed Elk. I would of guessed Elk to be pretty Woke but maybe not after all natives probably ate a huge number of them! The buffalo must hate both Indians and whites.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-14-2020)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,033x in 24,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm not shocked. We saw some Anti-Catholic bigotry on here this weekend. From someone that has long lectured us, has professed to be a woke liberal and claimed "I am a Christian". Despicable.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-14-2020)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    If you don't like the statue don't look at it. Build your own. Personally I doubt the "missionary style" conversion of natives was all sunshine and lolipops ( well maybe some of the latter)
    BUT..,. so what? Don't like the statue , don't worship the statue. Build your owm. I heard they even toppled a statue of a damed Elk. I would of guessed Elk to be pretty Woke but maybe not after all natives probably ate a huge number of them! The buffalo must hate both Indians and whites.
    Give the left time.....eventually they will remember that Indians kept them some slaves.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Pammy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 534x in 303 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Well, I'm not shocked. We saw some Anti-Catholic bigotry on here this weekend. From someone that has long lectured us, has professed to be a woke liberal and claimed "I am a Christian". Despicable.
    Why candy-coat it, we all know who it was -- @Mini Me is an Anti-Catholic Bigot. From what I've seen, if it was against any other entity the forum left would've exploded but the Roman Catholic Church and it's ok....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pammy For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-14-2020)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial25000 Experience Points
    stephenpe's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,769x in 1,847 Posts
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for jogging my memory. I guess the "left" was in charge of these pyrotecnics, also. Funny how some folks can be so sure of who is guilty of crimes. I bet some of the state's attorneys would love to have those skills...........notice how all of the black churches were burned in the south. Where that flag was still proudly flown 25 yrs ago...........just saying......not pointing fingers........
    • 1996 January 6 Ohovah African Methodist Episcopal Church of Orrum, North Carolina, was burned and an arrest was made.
    • 1996 January 8 Inner City Church of Knoxville, Tennessee, was burned.
    • 1996 January 11 Little Zion Baptist Church and Mount Zoar Baptist Church of Green County, Alabama, were both burned on the same day.
    • 1996 February 1 Cypress Grove Baptist Church, St. Paul's Free Baptist Church, and Thomas Chapel Benevolent Society of East Baton Rouge, Louisiana, were all burned on the same day.
    • 1996 February 1 Sweet Home Baptist Church in Baker, Louisiana, was burned.
    • 1996 February 21 Glorious Church of God in Christ of Richmond, Virginia, was burned.
    • 1996 February 28 New Liberty Baptist Church in Tyler, Alabama, was burned and an arrest was made.
    • 1996 March 5 St. Paul African Methodist Episcopal Church in Hatley, Mississippi, was burned.
    • 1996 March 20 New Mount Zion Baptist Church in Ruleville, Mississippi, was burned.
    • 1996 March 27 Gay's Hill Baptist Church of Millen, Georgia, was burned.
    • 1996 March 30 El Bethel Missionary Baptist Church of Satartia, Mississippi, was burned and an arrest was made.
    • 1996 March 31 Butler Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church of Orangeburg, South Carolina, was burned.[10]
    • 1996 April 11 St. Charles Baptist Church in Paincourtville, Louisiana, was burned.
    • 1996 April 13 Rosemary Baptist Church in Barnwell, South Carolina, was burned.
    • 1996 April 26 Effingham Baptist Church in Effingham, South Carolina, was burned.
    • 1996 May 14 Mount Pleasant Baptist Church in Tigrett, Tennessee, was burned.
    • 1996 May 23 Mount Tabor Baptist Church in Cerro Gordo, North Carolina, was burned.
    • 1996 May 24 Pleasant Hill Baptist Church in Lumberton, North Carolina, was burned.
    • 1996 June 3 Rising Star Baptist Church in Greensboro, Alabama, was burned.
    • 1996 June 7 Matthews Murkland Presbyterian Church sanctuary in Charlotte, North Carolina, was burned and an arrest was made.
    • 1996 June 9 New Light House of Prayer and The Church of the Living God, both of Greenville, Texas, were burned on the same day.
    • 1996 June 12 Evangelist Temple on Marianna, Florida, was burned.
    • 1996 June 13 First Missionary Baptist Church of Enid, Oklahoma, was burned and an arrest was made.
    • 1996 June 17 Hills Chapel Baptist Church, Rocky Point, North Carolina, is burned.
    • 1996 June 17 Mount Pleasant Missionary Baptist Church and Central Grove Missionary Baptist Church, both of Kossuth, Mississippi, were burned on the same day.
    • 1996 June 20 Immanuel Christian Fellowship of Portland, Oregon, was burned.
    • 1996 June 24 New Birth Temple Church of Shreveport, Louisiana, was burned.
    If you go to the link the amount in the 21st century is crazy........https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...e son of a St.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Pammy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 534x in 303 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenpe View Post
    Thanks for jogging my memory. I guess the "left" was in charge of these pyrotecnics, also. Funny how some folks can be so sure of who is guilty of crimes. I bet some of the state's attorneys would love to have those skills...........notice how all of the black churches were burned in the south. Where that flag was still proudly flown 25 yrs ago...........just saying......not pointing fingers........
    If you go to the link the amount in the 21st century is crazy........https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...e son of a St.
    The Vatican Flag? I don't recall that being controversial.

61R0QJwKIOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You lost me. Unless, of course, your post was off topic.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Give the left time.....eventually they will remember that Indians kept them some slaves.

What happens if someone tells them that slavery was in existance in Africa for thousands of years before the slave traders showed up? They'd probably lose their minds, but if they get to re-write history no one will know.

+ Reply to Thread