User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can the Illogical Inertia of American Involvement in the Middle East Be Broken?

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CrusaderKnight's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 292x in 205 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    26 years between active Army, Reserves, and National Guard.

I can read a map.

I would say an invasion of Iran would be bad for the US, even more so because there is no reason to do so.

The last I checked the Army's senior leader courses are using a conflict in the southern Caucuses that involves Iran, Turkey, the Stans, and the US as the basis of the tactical and strategic lessons.

My question was meant to be light-hearted by the way.

So you do see it, the invasion of Iran.

Ever since 1979 Iran has been seen as the Queen Bee of terrorism, the central terrorist sate. Getting rid of Iran would reduce Islamic terrorism to a trickle. The vast majority of state resources support for terrorism comes from, Iran.

In the war on terror, Iran would be the prize, the "taking of Berlin" as it were.

Bushed was poised for a classic pincer move.

What happened? Politics. Liberals. Democrats. The usual enemies dragging down our Iraq effort. If we had slid through Iraq like butter the way we did in Afghanistan we could have plowed right through Iran and declared true victory in the war on terror.

Mind you, this is all my personal theory. I have never heard it floated by anyone in the news.

But I think it is real. If I am right t is the biggest best kept secret ever, and the biggest loss eer.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,369x in 94,864 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderKnight View Post
    My question was meant to be light-hearted by the way.

So you do see it, the invasion of Iran.

Ever since 1979 Iran has been seen as the Queen Bee of terrorism, the central terrorist sate. Getting rid of Iran would reduce Islamic terrorism to a trickle. The vast majority of state resources support for terrorism comes from, Iran.

In the war on terror, Iran would be the prize, the "taking of Berlin" as it were.

Bushed was poised for a classic pincer move.

What happened? Politics. Liberals. Democrats. The usual enemies dragging down our Iraq effort. If we had slid through Iraq like butter the way we did in Afghanistan we could have plowed right through Iran and declared true victory in the war on terror.

Mind you, this is all my personal theory. I have never heard it floated by anyone in the news.

But I think it is real. If I am right t is the biggest best kept secret ever, and the biggest loss eer.
    Shia terrorism is more focused on Israel that the West.

Sunni terrorism is more of a problem for the US and the West.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread