Thanked 21,088x in 12,283 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Some Actors who never got an Oscar

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls025966450/
    That Peter O'Toole is on that list is practically a sin.

James Dean may not have won an Oscar, but I think he probably holds the record for most posthumous nominations - one the year after he died and another the year after that.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I have. (Seen the movie, that is.) Have you seen Ed Wood, Tim Burton's film about the creator/director of Plan 9, starring Johnny Depp? Martin Landau won a well-deserved Oscar for playing Bela Lugosi. He was also married for more than thirty-five years to Chuck Connors' co-star in Skinheads, Barbara Bain.
    I did see Ed Wood and enjoyed it very much. Plan 9 is painful I had the great pleasure of meeting and working with Martin Landau on an episode of Murder She Wrote: "Birds of a Feather" in San Francisco. His personality is the exact opposite of his serious acting persona: he bounced when he walked and sported a big smile; a very nice guy. The director would say "action!" and he'd put on that famous serious face, it was great watching him. I was sad to hear that he passed.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 827
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,088x in 12,283 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I did see Ed Wood and enjoyed it very much. Plan 9 is painful I had the great pleasure of meeting and working with Martin Landau on an episode of Murder She Wrote: "Birds of a Feather" in San Francisco. His personality is the exact opposite of his serious acting persona: he bounced when he walked and sported a big smile; a very nice guy. The director would say "action!" and he'd put on that famous serious face, it was great watching him. I was sad to hear that he passed.
    Yes, but at least he lived a good long life - I think he was 89. His daughter Juliet is a fine actor - she had a small role in Ed Wood - but she does mostly stage work.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

+ Reply to Thread