User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Climate-change hysteria costs lives — but activists want to keep panic alive

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,557x in 94,977 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Climate-change hysteria costs lives — but activists want to keep panic alive

Climate-change hysteria costs lives — but activists want to keep panic alive

A new book - Apocalypse never" discusses the science, and politics, behind climate change hysteria.

Last month, I published a book, “Apocalypse Never,” which debunks popular environmental myths. Among them: that humans are causing a sixth mass extinction and that climate change is making natural disasters worse.While I expected my book to be controversial, I didn’t expect CNN’s top climate reporter to compare it to an advertisement for cigarettes. Or to have an environmental journalist with nearly half a million followers on Twitter *accuse me of promoting “white supremacy.”

I’m hardly a climate denier. In fact, I have been a climate activist for 20 years and an environmental *activist for more than 30. Governments, including the US Congress, regularly ask me to offer my testimony as an energy expert. And this year, the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change asked me to serve as an expert reviewer of its next major report.

I decided to speak out last year, after it became clear to me that alarmism was harming mental health. A major survey of 30,000 people around the world found that nearly half believed climate change would make humanity extinct. Mental-health professionals now routinely find themselves addressing adolescent anxiety over climate. In January, pollsters found that one in five UK children reported having nightmares about it.

And yet the IPCC doesn’t predict billions or even millions of deaths from climate change. That’s in part because economic development and preparedness mitigate natural disasters, diseases and other environmental impacts of climate change. And scientists expect our ability to mitigate harms to expand and improve long into the future.
    Read the rest of the article at the link.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,638x in 56,022 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Modern climate science is little about science. It’s primarily political in nature.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-26-2020)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,557x in 94,977 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Modern climate science is little about science. It’s primarily political in nature.
    True.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread