bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    net issue Police deserve far more respect then they get , Id like to see some of the morons calling for de funding do the job .

another issue is criminals often resist arrest and force police to take physical action that can result in injury to take the suspect in custody.
    often the police are dealing with extremely violent criminals on narcotics and in some cases physically stronger younger etc.

I saw a young average sized guy who had been smoking Sherm sticks decide he wasnt going to be taken into custody for for walking in public naked and assaulting people he was cussing every one and daring them to come close so he could kill them , he was then maced then hit 3 times with 3 stun guns and it had no affected finally hit behind the knees with a ASP several times he did say ouch one time . it took 5 men to cuff him , yep he claimed officer brutality .

id like to see some of the de fund types deal with a guy liike this or one shooting at them or one with a knife or a 6 foot 6 man whos 300lbs .

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd how democrats are delusional and think their politicans are not de funding the police like cowards but are . the lie to themselves.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    Actually there are several police budgets that are getting cut. The police are just going to have to make better use of their time. Like not worrying about stopping crimes and putting themselves in danger and just showing up after the crime has been committed and trying to solve it.

They need to let the people know that they will not be their to protect them and they should seek the means to protect themselves.
    They still have their budgets. Nobody is going anywhere. Some things will change and the public will learn a lesson: stay out of cop's way.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    As for Floyd, there were quite a few other incidences before him, so people just jumped; it's time, that stuff has to stop.
    Oh yes, there were incidents that preceded Floyd, but they were few and far between -- and statistics show that white suspects are actually MORE likely than black suspects to be shot by police. The vast majority of officers are good folks who just want to do their jobs and go home to their families, but when something like Floyd happens, the media takes it all out of context so people naturally become upset.

I've long said that officers need extra training in deescalating situations, which would go a long way toward defusing the problems, but even more than that, somehow, we've got to make people understand that they cannot attack officers or run away without suffering the consequences. That's where the real problem lies. If people like Floyd, Sandra Bland, Rayshard Brooks, would listen and obey the officers, they would be alive today.

How do we teach people who've never learned to be respectful that being respectful is vital to staying alive?
    As for covid, like you and I discussed earlier, I think you're right about the volatility, but what we have is just a theory. I'd like to hear some more learned people on that. 202 however, as CBS News reported Sunday, is coming closer and closer to 1968 and for those of us who lived it, it's etched into our memories. The numbers and the violence isn't as high believe it or not, but the nationwide anger is almost there. I think that a lot of this will simmer down after the election and , sorry, when Trump is gone. The country needs the security again in order to calm down.
    I, too, have heard this year compared to 1968, but I don't think it will end if Trump is gone. It may simmer down a bit, but we saw riots in St. Louis over Michael Brown's death even when Obama was in office. A second investigation just determined the officer in that case did nothing wrong, but look at the trouble the media caused.

Trump was elected because the nation was sliding to the Left and too many people oppose that. I have no idea if he or Biden will win this time, but I know I will vote for Trump, even though I didn't last time. And, if Biden wins, it won't be nearly as bad as if one of the other far-Left contenders had won.

Liberals forget what happens under democratic administrations. They howl about how Trump sent feds to protect federal buildings in Portland, but they don't comment on how Bill Clinton sent in military and eventually killed dozens of Branch Davidians (many small children), or how he sent armed feds into private homes in Florida to seize Elian Gonzalez from his aunt, even though his own mother had died to get him to America.

Trump is mild in comparison, but the media will never let the average American know that.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (08-05-2020),Chris (08-05-2020),Peter1469 (08-05-2020)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    They still have their budgets. Nobody is going anywhere. Some things will change and the public will learn a lesson: stay out of cop's way.
    daaaa jet de fund is cutting funding cops are going someplace they are loosing jobs due to de funding

+ Reply to Thread