Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    Jack is terrified to take the flour test.
    Take your mask and dust the edges and put it on. Now, cough or sneeze real hard, then go look in a mirror.
    First, a person puts on their mask (which is already contaminated) and maybe gloves, and walks into a store.
    They handle things that other people have handled possibly spreading the virus by touching their contaminated hands/glove and place it back on the shelf.
    They take their selections to the checkout and pay. Then they take those contaminated items AND bags into their house (for sterilization) and spread it everywhere in their homes.
    They've brought in to their cars and homes. Now they spread it everywhere else.
    Masks do not work. Gloves do not work. It'll take herd immunity to get past this thing.
    I don't need the flour test to tell me wearing a mask isn't going to stop the spread of this virus. I wear glasses and they're always fogging up.

If Jack was honest, he'd pay attention to others who wear glasses and see what their lenses look like as well.

But, he won't. He's too busy guzzling down the Koolaid.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

ChickiefromTN (08-23-2020),stjames1_53 (08-23-2020)

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,047
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,267x in 20,296 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJack View Post
    Are you people really that incapable of doing something because it might help another person?
    Jack, there is no hiding from this. It is insidious. It is everywhere.
    There is no avoiding it, there is no hiding from it.
    You've got a better than even chance you're already been exposed, and IF you have, you are among the top 99% of people who didn't get sick after being exposed.
    All you can do is the old children's trick of washing your hands. But that wont stop it either. It has to burn out.
    The only way to avoid it is to stay inside until the Morloks sound all clear...........even then, you'll be exposed upon leaving your home.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

ChickiefromTN (08-23-2020)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,885
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,664x in 28,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJack View Post
    Are you people really that incapable of doing something because it might help another person?
    It is the nagging by people like you that cause people to insist that they will not wear the mask.

A single virus cell can infect you.

Your cloth mask will let 100% of them through. Atomized droplets from sneezing and coughing go down to .1 mm and are smaller than the pores on these woven cloth masks. They will stop the larger droplets
    temporarily. Reusing your mask means you are putting your now contaminated hands all over the area that you say the mask protects.

You government is treating you as an idiot instead of educating you because you elected idiots.

I wear a mask to keep people happy but it is a real N-95 not these junk masks because I have them for work. I wear them only to stop the panicked Karens from having a heart attack. I do not reuse them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    No one has ever called me weak or submissive. I wear a mask as an act of responsibility. I know that not wearing a mask never works.

I have a wife at risk. She has gone nowhere for this whole time. If you think I would let you place her at risk, you just plain nuts.
    It is your responsibility to keep your wife safe and at home. I applaud you for that. You should take advantage of those pick up services at grocery stores and use online shopping. I have my own responsibilities.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    ChickiefromTN's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3x in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    I wear a mask to keep people happy but it is a real N-95 not these junk masks because I have them for work. I wear them only to stop the panicked Karens from having a heart attack. I do not reuse them.
    I agree 100% with your view on masks. I wish that the huge number of people that are just "going along with it" even though they know better, would just stop. All you are doing is encouraging the insanity.

I've never worn one. We don't have mask mandates anywhere here. Nobody around here wears one and you only occasionally see an elderly person wearing one in the stores. There is no social distancing or mask wearing at work. Why aren't our numbers higher here?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickiefromTN For This Useful Post:

Calypso Jones (08-23-2020)

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't about health or virus protection. These folk that are mask nazis are trump haters. They haven't been able to make us do their bidding on getting rid of trump so they just want to make us uncomfortable by forcing this ridiculous mask thing.

That's all there is to it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread