User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBA Player's Jersey Sales Surge After He Stands for National Anthem.....

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 1,731
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,082x in 28,492 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprisesd that the NBA does not fine him for not being a good little team mate of the losers.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    I am surprisesd that the NBA does not fine him for not being a good little team mate of the losers.
    Give then time.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sunsettommy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 939x in 558 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The NBA, NFL, MLB and other "professional" sports are making a massive mistake POLITICIZING their sports, it is why so many are turning away from them, I have given up the NBA for other reasons, Football for their hypocrisy and MLB I barely watch anymore, but will stop that too.

They are all hyper rich $#@!s pandering to small groups of VIOLENT people, it is no wonder the ratings are falling.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,644x in 4,700 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsettommy View Post
    The NBA, NFL, MLB and other "professional" sports are making a massive mistake POLITICIZING their sports, it is why so many are turning away from them, I have given up the NBA for other reasons, Football for their hypocrisy and MLB I barely watch anymore, but will stop that too.
    Well, they had a good run. Like most things, it looks like they will end up destroying themselves.
    By the way, Cancel State Farm, they are sponsoring the NBA broadcasts. Saw an ad for it yesterday, State Farm presents the NBA. If you really want to send a message, you have to go after their sponsors. All I ask is that they keep politics out of sports, I don't think that's so unreasonable.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Omar For This Useful Post:

MMC (08-06-2020)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Athletes shouldn't be surprised fans boo their divisive anthem protests

Dallas FC defender Reggie Cannon was upset that fans booed as players knelt during the national anthem on Wednesday. But it’s Cannon, not the fans, who is in the wrong.
    “We had someone chanting 'U-S-A,' but they don't understand what kneeling means. They don't understand why we're kneeling,” Cannon said. “They can't see the reason. They think we're the ignorant ones. It's incredibly frustrating. I'm sorry to have this tone, but you have to call it for what it is.”
    Like athletes before him, Cannon contradicts himself. Cannon said that players asked for the anthem not even to be played because it didn’t feel right to play it “at this moment.” In that case, how exactly are fans chanting "U-S-A" the ones who don’t understand what kneeling means? If kneeling isn’t about the national anthem or the rejection of any sense of patriotism, why is it that the anthem should not even be played “in this moment?”
    Athletes such as Cannon continue to contradict their own arguments in this manner. The protests are about racial justice, they say, not the national anthem — except that the national anthem shouldn’t even be played. The protests are not anti-American, but in the words of Colin Kaepernick, “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people.”

Protesting during the national anthem has become indistinguishable from protesting the anthem itself, even among the athletes doing the protests. This was the inevitable end of using the anthem as the vehicle of protest, especially doing so at the prompting of Kaepernick, who made it clear he doesn’t have any love for America. If athletes don’t want to stop these protests, they shouldn’t be surprised when fans meet them with a chorus of boos......snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...nthem-protests
    More and more people need to keep booing these mopes. Then quit buying their merch and showing up for games.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Omar (08-13-2020)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,644x in 4,700 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    More and more people need to keep booing these mopes. Then quit buying their merch and showing up for games.
    The thing is, the idea of the anthem is that it is a tradition that is supposed to unify us. Colin Kaepernick and the leftist media that cheered him on destroyed all that.

So I agree they might as well not play it, they've destroyed its whole purpose for existing. Now days the only reason to play it is to protest it. So why bother? I'd rather they not play it than see everyone disrespecting it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Omar For This Useful Post:

MMC (08-14-2020)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    The thing is, the idea of the anthem is that it is a tradition that is supposed to unify us. Colin Kaepernick and the leftist media that cheered him on destroyed all that.

So I agree they might as well not play it, they've destroyed its whole purpose for existing. Now days the only reason to play it is to protest it. So why bother? I'd rather they not play it than see everyone disrespecting it.
    Yes both the Flag and the Anthem was meant to unite all of the people. That is just one of the things the left never thought about. Nor do they care about being united.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Omar (08-14-2020)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,394x in 94,879 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kneelers are trash.

Their supporters are trash.

Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Athletes shouldn't be surprised fans boo their divisive anthem protests

Dallas FC defender Reggie Cannon was upset that fans booed as players knelt during the national anthem on Wednesday. But it’s Cannon, not the fans, who is in the wrong.
    “We had someone chanting 'U-S-A,' but they don't understand what kneeling means. They don't understand why we're kneeling,” Cannon said. “They can't see the reason. They think we're the ignorant ones. It's incredibly frustrating. I'm sorry to have this tone, but you have to call it for what it is.”
    Like athletes before him, Cannon contradicts himself. Cannon said that players asked for the anthem not even to be played because it didn’t feel right to play it “at this moment.” In that case, how exactly are fans chanting "U-S-A" the ones who don’t understand what kneeling means? If kneeling isn’t about the national anthem or the rejection of any sense of patriotism, why is it that the anthem should not even be played “in this moment?”
    Athletes such as Cannon continue to contradict their own arguments in this manner. The protests are about racial justice, they say, not the national anthem — except that the national anthem shouldn’t even be played. The protests are not anti-American, but in the words of Colin Kaepernick, “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people.”

Protesting during the national anthem has become indistinguishable from protesting the anthem itself, even among the athletes doing the protests. This was the inevitable end of using the anthem as the vehicle of protest, especially doing so at the prompting of Kaepernick, who made it clear he doesn’t have any love for America. If athletes don’t want to stop these protests, they shouldn’t be surprised when fans meet them with a chorus of boos......snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...nthem-protests
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Lummy (08-14-2020)

+ Reply to Thread