Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 213x in 161 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favourite psychopaths from movies/tv

If I didnt know any better I would think that the ptb want you simple masses to like psychopaths because there are so many psychopath characters in movies and tv - especially in modern times it seems. You get junk like Dexter and the Hannibal tv show pushed down your throats and to me it really does seem that beyond the desire to be all edgy there is a conscious effort to popularize 'psychopaths'.

Now I understand that many of you edgy types are great fans of the character Hannibal Lector but when the Hannibal tv show was cancelled due to the fact that nobody watched it the corporate media seemed to be devastated about it. They wrote up all these scripts defending the show - saying how great it was - and how it was such a tragedy that it was being cancelled - and they tried hard to promote the idea that perhaps this wasnt the end and the show could continue somehow ( may be coming to Netlix says report from 2020.. ) - despite the fact that nobody was watching it and nobody wanted that. It annoyed me so much that I actually wrote a thread on some forum that was titled 'Hannibal cancelled because nobody liked it'. I sure as hell didnt watch it because even though I didnt mind the Silence of the Lambs movie when I saw it as a teenager my opinion of Hannibal Lector was - meh. My favourite character in Silence of the Lambs was actually the dude that throws his semen on Jodie Fosters face. Plus all this Hannibal Lector fandom since then has always annoyed me because it really doesnt seem organic. I mean - you edgy types will like anything you are told to like right?

It also bothers me that we have so many 'psychopaths' in media when despite the fact that we have so many idiots of the psychology industry telling us what a psychopath is ( even though there seems to be no real consensus on what a psychopath is ) there is no such thing as a psychopath in the DSM. Only 'ASPD'. Technically there is no such thing as a psychopath. And you know what really bothers me - its all this nonsense these idiots come up with like childhood trauma being linked to individual that display the characteristics of the 'psychopath' stereotype because in my opinion this kind of junk is an insult to those individuals - and this kind of nonsense is almost always perpetuated through media representations of 'psychopaths'.

We also have the problem of media presenting characters as 'psycho' that the public takes as 'psychopaths' that are not what a true psychopath would be - for example - the Norman Bates character isnt a psychopath - he is a lunatic. The American Psycho character isnt a psychopath - he has an inferiority complex ( superiority complex stem from inferiority complex. Ask Adler.. ). Psychopaths do not have inferiority complexes - they genuinely believe themselves to be superior and they arent out to try to prove it to anyone. I kind of like the American Psycho character but he is not a psychopath.

Anyway - I really enjoyed the first season of the tv show Fargo. I never watched the movie when it came out but I was at home one day and there was a Fargo tv show marathon on and I started watching it and ended up watching it all day because I enjoyed it so much. I thought that the Billy Bob Thornton character was fantastic. And so was the Martin Freeman character ( Lester ). I thought that it was really interesting to watch Lester develop from a 'low functioning psychopath' into a 'high functioning psychopath'. Or was it a case of a 'normal' individual developing into a 'psychopath'? Can that even happen? Dont ask the psychology industry - they wouldnt have a %$%$ing clue. Anyway - the Fargo tv series is really good 'psychopath' media. Season one anyway. I only watched the first season Im pretty sure - to conclusion of Lester story. It goes on apparently. So after watching the Fargo tv series I thought that I needed to watch the Fargo movie because I assumed that there must have been a character in it that the Billy Bob character from the tv show was based on - I watched the movie and I was like - WTF?

But my favourite and in my opinion most accurate depiction of a 'psychopath' in media is from a movie called The Lincoln Lawyer that stars Mathew McConaughey and Ryan Phillipe. The psychopath character is played by Ryan Phillipe in the movie and he does such a great job. I really liked Ryan Phillipe in the movie Cruel Intentions - I love that scene where he has just seduced Selma Blair and he just pushes her away like she is nothing after he is done with her. But yeah in this Lincoln Lawyer movie Ryan Phillipe is even better and the script does a wonderful job of depicting a psychopath. For example there is a scene where Ryan Phillipe is %$%$ing with Mathew McConaughey in a way where McConaughey knows Phillipe is %$%$ing with him but at the same time there is plausible deniability. Psychopaths love that kind of thing -

All I said was she's pretty. Ha.

So how about you guys? Who are your favourite psychopaths from tv and movies? I am really interested.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheOneOnly2 For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (08-06-2020),Cotton1 (08-06-2020),Docthehun (08-07-2020),Lummy (08-06-2020),Peter1469 (08-06-2020)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ideal psychological state of human "normality" is flatline, much the same as an electrocardiogram or electroencephalogram of a dead person.

I don't believe there is any such condition as "psychopathy" in animals, at least outside of captivity. It is a useful discriptive device of contrived science practiced by those preoccupied with controlling others, but otherwise a subjective fiction, like "icky", and it has enormous potential for political utility.
    Last edited by Lummy; 08-06-2020 at 07:46 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

TheOneOnly2 (08-06-2020)

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 2,194
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,264x in 12,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OO2, I have to ask - why do you spend the first few paragraphs of the OP criticizing the entertainment industry for pushing too many psychopaths "down our throats" and insulting those whom you feel don't appreciate them in an "organic" way, then go on to describe your favorite psychopaths in loving detail? It is possible to be a fan of a character, a movie or series, or an entire genre without being a d*ck about it.

Yes, season 1 of 'Fargo' was good, but I think season 2 was even better. Season 3 didn't thrill me, but it was interesting.

I don't know how one would classify him in terms of psychology, but I thought the Edward Longshanks character in Braveheart, as portrayed by Patrick McGoohan, was suitably ruthless and evil. Then, too, there is the incomparable Edward Norton in Primal Fear.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (08-06-2020),Docthehun (08-07-2020),TheOneOnly2 (08-06-2020)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    TheOneOnly2's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    OO2, I have to ask - why do you spend the first few paragraphs of the OP criticizing the entertainment industry for pushing too many psychopaths "down our throats" and insulting those whom you feel don't appreciate them in an "organic" way, then go on to describe your favorite psychopaths in loving detail? It is possible to be a fan of a character, a movie or series, or an entire genre without being a d*ck about it.

Yes, season 1 of 'Fargo' was good, but I think season 2 was even better. Season 3 didn't thrill me, but it was interesting.

I don't know how one would classify him in terms of psychology, but I thought the Edward Longshanks character in Braveheart, as portrayed by Patrick McGoohan, was suitably ruthless and evil. Then, too, there is the incomparable Edward Norton in Primal Fear.

(:

Oh - you reminded me of that dude from the Rob Roy movie - Tim Roths character. He is a great movie psychopath.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,715x in 16,155 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman in American Psycho
    He represented as being from the same profession as my own in American Psycho which made his role much funnier to me than it otherwise would have been in its sarcastic moments relating to his insanity.

In fact there are a few moments in the movie when words or phrases were used that were so unique to the industry itself. I was surprised they used them because many viewers would miss the moment if they didn't understand the term in its entirety.

The "do you like Huey Lewis & the News" scene posted in the OP is by far one of my favorite scenes. Reason being is the aforementioned plus the use of Huey as I am a huge Huey Lewis fan to boot.

This business card scene is hilarious to me because I have been a part of it IRL many times. Many in the industry are very anal about the business card, myself among them. The "my card can beat up your card " thing may be
    Petty to many but not to many of us. In fact , you can be a "the man" of all men" for many reasons
    But if you fail the business card thing all else can be nullified , quickly

Last edited by Cotton1; 08-06-2020 at 01:16 PM.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

TheOneOnly2 (08-07-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the fact I like Huey Lewis and the News in a huge way made this scene much funnier to me. The fact he mentioned specifically the 1983 "sports" cd and I felt exactly as he did about the "sports" cd put this in a league of it's own and why it's one of my fav scenes of all time in this genre

I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

TheOneOnly2 (08-07-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post

Because he is trying to process his discomfort with a situation of his own or is
    Lashing out in a passive aggressive manner to someone or something.he.feels powerless over because he lacks the education in behavioral science to understand them or himself
    He may be one of those people that thinks he knows more than the ones with 12 years of education wearing coats aka "drs"

This started in.the health.and science forum. As a bi polar it didnt offend me because I was fairly sure it was a form of
    projection of himself or someone close

My guess is has recently been put on reuptake inhibitors and they are.starting to.work or he is struggling with a bi.polar diagnosis.of.himself or someone close. A suggestion of ECT as possible treatment may have .been put on the table.

The ECT suggests he has very good insurance as its $2,000 -$2500 a session for what is usually 6-10 sessions. He rolled.up thru it in the other forum then backed up. I lol.

personally I got off on ECT ..twas a good time for all. I woke after one session sat straight up and said " I love all u mfers" ,then went bsck to sleep , "they''.wadsaid lol

The length of his OP both suggests the patient is likely himself in a mild to moderate.phase of mania

Coo coo ca choo
    Last edited by Cotton1; 08-06-2020 at 09:15 PM.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

TheOneOnly2 (08-07-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneOnly2 View Post
    If I didnt know any better I would think that the ptb want you simple masses to like psychopaths because there are so many psychopath characters in movies and tv - especially in modern times it seems. You get junk like Dexter and the Hannibal tv show pushed down your throats and to me it really does seem that beyond the desire to be all edgy there is a conscious effort to popularize 'psychopaths'.

It also bothers me up that we have so many 'psychopaths' in media when despite the fact that we have so many idiots of the psychology industry telling us what a psychopath is ( even though there seems to be no real consensus on what a psychopath is ) there is no such thing as a psychopath in the DSM Only 'ASPD'. Technically there is no such thing as a psychopath. And you know what really bothers me - its all this nonsense these idiots come up with like childhood trauma b
    We also have the problem of media presenting characters as 'psycho' that the public takes as 'psychopaths' that are not what a true psychopath would be - for example - the Norman Bates character isnt a psychopath - he is a lunatic. The American Psycho character isnt a psychopath - he has an inferiority complex ( superiority complex stem from inferiority complex. Ask Adler.. ). psychopaths do not have inferiority complexes - they genuinely believe themselves to be superior and they arent out to try to prove it to anyone. I kind of like the American Psycho character but he is not a psychopath.

Anyway -

But my favourite and in my opinion most accurate d[/video]
    Uh oh...u referred to DSM u been to the Dr. U been to the Dr .lol. Therapists keep DSM stuff in plain sight.

They nod towards it and be sure you see it as a way to say they don't think , they "know". I'm glad they do it. It's assures me there are two of us that "know". Wink wink

As for the "character" jason bateman? Of course he isn't a " psychopath" to you. He is a" character" that you like because it helps you suppress a homo thing for Bale himself, perhaps?

After all u did mention matt mccaugney who is not only a homo ,.he's a racially confused homo

Hit the patient couch. Its gonna be a.long night.
    You spoke of childhood issues?
    Let's start at.the time u got beat up by two girl scouts.
    Last edited by Cotton1; 08-06-2020 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Was it buffalo.bob or buffalo bill?
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

TheOneOnly2 (08-07-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman in American Psycho
    He represented as being from the same profession as my own in American Psycho which made his role much funnier to me than it otherwise would have been in its sarcastic moments relating to his insanity.

In fact there are a few moments in the movie when words or phrases were used that were so unique to the industry itself. I was surprised they used them because many viewers would miss the moment if they didn't understand the term in its entirety.

The "do you like Huey Lewis & the News" scene posted in the OP is by far one of my favorite scenes. Reason being is the aforementioned plus the use of Huey as I am a huge Huey Lewis fan to boot.

This business card scene is hilarious to me because I have been a part of it IRL many times. Many in the industry are very anal about the business card, myself among them. The "my card can beat up your card " thing may be
    Petty to many but not to many of us. In fact , you can be a "the man" of all men" for many reasons
    But if you fail the business card thing all else can be nullified , quickly

That is interesting information to me. The business card scene is main inferiority complex moment for me. I guess this is something that I dont exactly understand. Or identify with at least.

Gordon Gekko : It's not about the money. It's about the game between people

Thank you.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    Because he is trying to process his discomfort with a situation of his own or is
    Lashing out in a passive aggressive manner to someone or something.he.feels powerless over because he lacks the education in behavioral science to understand them or himself
    He may be one of those people that thinks he knows more than the ones with 12 years of education wearing coats aka "drs"

This started in.the health.and science forum. As a bi polar it didnt offend me because I was fairly sure it was a form of
    projection of himself or someone close

My guess is has recently been put on reuptake inhibitors and they are.starting to.work or he is struggling with a bi.polar diagnosis.of.himself or someone close. A suggestion of ECT as possible treatment may have .been put on the table.

The ECT suggests he has very good insurance as its $2,000 -$2500 a session for what is usually 6-10 sessions. He rolled.up thru it in the other forum then backed up. I lol.

personally I got off on ECT ..twas a good time for all. I woke after one session sat straight up and said " I love all u mfers" ,then went bsck to sleep , "they''.wadsaid lol

The length of his OP both suggests the patient is likely himself in a mild to moderate.phase of mania

Coo coo ca choo
    HA.

+ Reply to Thread