User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is NY AG going to manipulate the election by NOT waiting?

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,599x in 25,152 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Is NY AG going to manipulate the election by NOT waiting?

The NY AG is attempting to manipulate the election by attempting to shut down one of the left's loudest opposition groups in the final lap run-up to the 2020 election. In 2012, it was The Obama Administration silencing conservative groups through the IRS, now it's the AG of NY attempting to silence the NRA as the left pushes its anti-gun platform in an effort to get Joe Biden elected.

Demonstrating that the NY AG's actions were politically calculated, Joe Biden pounced:

"Joe Biden renews call for gun ban, attacks NRA and calls popular rifles “weapons of war” -
    http://maineexaminer.com/joe-biden-r...eapons-of-war/
    - With America’s political left pushing to “defund the police” former Vice President Joe Biden yesterday doubled down on his call to ban a wide array of firearms in America. The call for a gun ban comes as data shows more and more Americans sought to purchase guns to take responsibility for their own safety amid a pandemic and violent protests by radical left-wing groups in some American cities.

Former Vice President Joe Biden campaigns with Beto O’Rourke, who Biden has said will “lead” his gun control effort.
    biden-orourke2-1024x551.jpg
    Last edited by DGUtley; 08-07-2020 at 07:29 AM.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (08-07-2020),Peter1469 (08-07-2020)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,431x in 94,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be interesting to see whether other state AGs jump on the NRA lawsuit. I believe 48 states and the District of Columbia did that to Big Tobacco.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should they wait? Justice deferred is justice denied.

If this was some leftist lobbying organization, would you want them to defer the lawsuit?
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 1,117
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,039x in 1,743 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    The NY AG is attempting to manipulate the election by attempting to shut down one of the left's loudest opposition groups in the final lap run-up to the 2020 election. In 2012, it was The Obama Administration silencing conservative groups through the IRS, now it's the AG of NY attempting to silence the NRA as the left pushes its anti-gun platform in an effort to get Joe Biden elected.

Demonstrating that the NY AG's actions were politically calculated, Joe Biden pounced:

"Joe Biden renews call for gun ban, attacks NRA and calls popular rifles “weapons of war” -
    http://maineexaminer.com/joe-biden-r...eapons-of-war/
    - With America’s political left pushing to “defund the police” former Vice President Joe Biden yesterday doubled down on his call to ban a wide array of firearms in America. The call for a gun ban comes as data shows more and more Americans sought to purchase guns to take responsibility for their own safety amid a pandemic and violent protests by radical left-wing groups in some American cities.

Former Vice President Joe Biden campaigns with Beto O’Rourke, who Biden has said will “lead” his gun control effort.

First this is a state level action. The unwritten policy about keeping quiet covers the federal department.

There is some question as to whether the rule is 60-days or 90-day rule. But if its 60 days, the announcement doesn't break the rule. I suspect Barr will unleash Durham as close as possible to the 60 day limit.

Also the NRA investigation has been brewing for at least a year. I have posted here about their rampant corruption as well. This is not newly concocted just as an early October surprise.

Also, The Republican election coffers are already flush with cash. Dissolving the NRA will not hurt them. It will actually help them, which is my most important point:

Last, if the AG of NY means to influence the election in favor of the Democrats, she is a fool. This attack on the NRA will energize supporters of the 2nd amendment, not dishearten them.

So, am I upset that the AG is interfering making moves so close to the election? If I thought this was planned as such, and if it was an example of abusing power to assist in one's own re-election, I would be. But the NRA's rampant corruption does not implicate the President. And that investigation into the NRA's corruption was started a long time ago, as soon as it became known that something was amiss. The most unacceptable thing about political investigations are when the person dealing the cards stacks the deck in his/her own favor. That is the outrage. And that is what is surely happening with Durham.

Trump owns Barr. Barr owns Durham. The report will come in order to outrage the right, and energize them. There may be for-show indictments if Barr is so bold. But there will be no convictions, because that is out of Barr's hands. The report and the right-wing media will do all they can to make mountains out of mole hills.
    Last edited by TheLiquidGuy; 08-07-2020 at 04:25 PM.

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the
    rest to me and the Republican congressmen”
    --Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,705
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,091x in 28,500 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    It will be interesting to see whether other state AGs jump on the NRA lawsuit. I believe 48 states and the District of Columbia did that to Big Tobacco.
    I'm not sure how the NY AG even has standing in this case. The headquarters is in VA.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    I'm not sure how the NY AG even has standing in this case. The headquarters is in VA.
    If they conduct business in NY, wouldn't NY be entitled to proceed?

--Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have thought that if you want to make a case of NY trying to interfere in the election you would have targeted the Manhattan prosecutors looking in to Donald's "protracted" criminal conduct with insurance,tax, and bank fraud.

were you not aware of that?

--Donald Trump

+ Reply to Thread