User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What about Super Rich and Famous Privlege?

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,596
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,716x in 16,156 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    Definitely -- an Aspie is an Aspie!
    "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood"
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,647x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    On money that he has already paid Taxes on!

Remember he is living on investments Capital Gains is the only thing that he is paying now.
    This was years ago when he ran for Pres. I think he made 46 mill that year. The real issue is that if they removed most loopholes they could lower the brackets, not tax people making a few hundred thousand a year at the same rate as those making tens of millions and actually tax people at the prescribed rate. They also use tax loopholes to gather votes and control behavior usually for monetary or political gain for themselves. For example why reward home onwership or having numerous children through taxes? I like EIC in that it is specifically for the working poor but does it belong in the tax code?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Mitt pays more in taxes in one year than you pay in your life. And you demand Mitt pay more?
    What I'd like to demand is that he and others pay the rate of their tax bracket. That's all. Ditch the loopholes, LOWER the brackets, down size the IRS and take tax code off the congressional for sale list. I'd add that as long as we keep the progressive tax system Mitt should be in a higher bracket than the couple knocking down 500,000 actually showing up to work and I'm not sure that's the current state of affairs. Don't worry, Mitt's bracket would probably have a lower tax rate without loopholes than it does now, he'd just have to pay what the bracket says.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would not hurt them to pay more.

All people need food, shelter, and medical care.

People with Disability need medical care more then others.
    There is no doubt that we have unisured people, homeless and hungry. The question is why? Now this may seem like a simple question but it is not. For example many of the homeless qualify for benefits but can't or aren't willing to jump through the necessary hoops. Addiction can eat up cash including grocery and rent money. for others. Housing cost are out of the world in many places and state job placement is not exactly known for their effectiveness.
    To expand on that point I think many people see a Paris Hilton, an heiress, and a homeless person in the same city and think how the hell can this be in America with our wealth and help your neighbor attitude? I know it's aquestion I often ask myself. It does not help that services are administered by government in ways that are notoriuosly ineffieicent. For example when the lockdown's started NYS Department of Labor did not not a que for callers to leave a call back number and by the time they did things were out of control with people unable to get through for weeks. Then aid becomes apolitical isssue which is understandablly a hot button iossue for many.
    So now we have a very complicated issue!

1) Politics outweighs practicality which makes program evaluation tricky. Are we measuring in terms of benefits paid, cost of admin, people who are able to reduce or leave benefits?
    2) Feds not letting the states deal with this on their own adding layers to the problem and cost
    3) A general government inability to streamline anything and drive up the cost of everything, even helping people!
    4) In some communities social services adds a lot of jobs and is seen as an employer locally. A good one. I suspect the cost of running the programs eats up much of what be the benefits.
    5) Program reach and outreach.

There are more factors but you get the idea. It's a minefield to distribute benefits complete with multiple layers of government, politics and public opinion ofter based upon wrong information. So matching the people in need with the right program can be slow and uncertain. How can we better solve this?

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    There is no doubt that we have unisured people, homeless and hungry. The question is why? Now this may seem like a simple question but it is not. For example many of the homeless qualify for benefits but can't or aren't willing to jump through the necessary hoops. Addiction can eat up cash including grocery and rent money. for others. Housing cost are out of the world in many places and state job placement is not exactly known for their effectiveness.
    To expand on that point I think many people see a Paris Hilton, an heiress, and a homeless person in the same city and think how the hell can this be in America with our wealth and help your neighbor attitude? I know it's aquestion I often ask myself. It does not help that services are administered by government in ways that are notoriuosly ineffieicent. For example when the lockdown's started NYS Department of Labor did not not a que for callers to leave a call back number and by the time they did things were out of control with people unable to get through for weeks. Then aid becomes apolitical isssue which is understandablly a hot button iossue for many.
    So now we have a very complicated issue!

1) Politics outweighs practicality which makes program evaluation tricky. Are we measuring in terms of benefits paid, cost of admin, people who are able to reduce or leave benefits?
    2) Feds not letting the states deal with this on their own adding layers to the problem and cost
    3) A general government inability to streamline anything and drive up the cost of everything, even helping people!
    4) In some communities social services adds a lot of jobs and is seen as an employer locally. A good one. I suspect the cost of running the programs eats up much of what be the benefits.
    5) Program reach and outreach.

There are more factors but you get the idea. It's a minefield to distribute benefits complete with multiple layers of government, politics and public opinion ofter based upon wrong information. So matching the people in need with the right program can be slow and uncertain. How can we better solve this?
    Well see once you get Rid of Leftists in Politics and as experts of anything. Then there is more facts and truth put out there. Then you wont have those that are always fudging numbers.

Lets start there. Oh and as to getting rid of them. All options are on the table.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well see once you get Rid of Leftists in Politics and as experts of anything. Then there is more facts and truth put out there. Then you wont have those that are always fudging numbers.

Lets start there. Oh and as to getting rid of them. All options are on the table.
    I don't think it should be agoal to get rid of them although this may sound tempting. In fact we all know that the word left or right don't really define anything very well. Simply get our own message out and let it go head to head with ideas like "destroying your own neighborhood and looting for personal gain are ok" Find a way to get equal time and reason will appeal to the 5-10% for whom anything besides "D" or "R" matters
    As for social programing this is where many cons give the appearance of being uncaring. Sweden has robust Capitalism and saftey nets and programs. IMO, one of the best things cons ( another non defining term) can do is develop their own plan and IMO this should be administered at the state level. This is the right thing to do, the right level to do it at and a good political move.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I don't think it should be agoal to get rid of them although this may sound tempting. In fact we all know that the word left or right don't really define anything very well. Simply get our own message out and let it go head to head with ideas like "destroying your own neighborhood and looting for personal gain are ok" Find a way to get equal time and reason will appeal to the 5-10% for whom anything besides "D" or "R" matters
    As for social programing this is where many cons give the appearance of being uncaring. Sweden has robust Capitalism and saftey nets and programs. IMO, one of the best things cons ( another non defining term) can do is develop their own plan and IMO this should be administered at the state level. This is the right thing to do, the right level to do it at and a good political move.
    Getting Leftist out of the Media. Then there just might be way to get equal time.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, all millionaires and billionaires should pay high taxes.

All people need food, shelter, and medical care.
    They already pay higher taxes . there are less then 3000 billionaires in the world . the majority of taxes are already paid mostly by our top 10 or 15 percent income bracket .
    You can only tax people so much before the incentive to work and make more money is squashed

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my grandmother was alive I had at least a purpose in life -- I helped my grandmother. Earlier, my grandmother was my Primary Parent. My parents helped both of us.

Now I live a purposeless life. Arguing online and exchanging insults on Twitter is a way to waste time but not a purpose.

Find a purpose. Have you started your group?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Social Media Addiction is much better then substance addiction.
    True but all addiction cost us.

+ Reply to Thread