User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Leftists Literally Addicted to Hatred?

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 1,688
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,311x in 14,530 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I'm trying to remember any post by a liberal-leaning member supporting or excusing looting, vandalism, arson, assault or any other criminal act, and I'm coming up empty, FK. Can you help me out here?
    I think that it is one of those things where if you are not with me, you are against me.

We have had Murder, Rape, Domestic Violence, Assault, robbery, Armed robbery, Auto Theft, Arson, Looting, B & E, Destruction of public property and national monuments.

Not saying that those monuments should be there but you put it to the people and let them vote to have them removed.

And what we see to be fair is Democrat politicians allowing them to get away with this blaming the police, not letting the stop these crime, and we see the Faithful on this forum not calling for a return to law and order and not calling out these politicians. Because of this we can only assume that you support what they are doing and what they are doing is supporting the riots and the people that are rioting

You can't have it both ways, either you are standing against it or you are for it.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never met her, but back in my dating days I talked on the phone many times with this older hippiechick SJW in Olathe, KS.

Each time we talked she would drift off on some rant and I mentally pictured myself grabbing her by the ankle to keep her from floating away and pull her back down to earth.

Each time we talked we were all gonna die for some catastrophe she read about on the internet.
    Each time we talked there was some cause she had to champion.
    Each time we talked there was some oppressed group in the world she had to go out and save.

...then I quit talking to her when she wanted me to move in with her upstairs while her three adult sons lived downstairs....and pay all the bills, of course.

Some bullets are easy to dodge and you can see them coming a long way off.

She was willing to save the whole world, but her own personal world was a wreck.
    She wanted to dictate the behavior of others when her own behavior was personally destructive.

I will never even pretend to understand this mindset or how it comes about.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 08-08-2020 at 02:40 AM.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    John Galt too. He was just telling us yesterday how weird it was for us to condemn the mayhem and violence in American cities because...(get this) the Tulsa Race Riot and Reconstruction. Yeah, seriously.

It's hard to take posters like that seriously.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    JustJack's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 47x in 33 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are Republicans literally addicted to projecting their psychodramas onto others?
    LOL

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,405x in 54,982 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJack View Post
    Are Republicans literally addicted to projecting their psychodramas onto others?
    LOL
    Are you addicted to trolling? LOLOL
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (08-26-2020)

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    skepticalmike's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 120x in 98 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "This has been a perfect opportunity for outside forces to stir up even more panic and direct anger and hatred toward the target of their choice, which happens to be the entire American society, including the police, our history, and our president."

There is a very small proportion of the U.S. population engaging in violent behavior and not all of those are leftists. What evidence is there that there are is some out of control phenomenon

going on that is addicting people with leftist views to want to overthrow the U.S. government? The article mostly discusses anger and how it can be addictive and possibly create a movement,

but I see no evidence of this happening in the U.S. Most liberals do not approve of hate or violence towards others. That article asserts that the "entire American society" is the target of hate

and then goes on to some crazy nonsense that I have posted below:

This is how basic psychology can be used to overthrow the government of an entire country. History is replete with examples, from the Boston Tea Party and the French Revolution, to the Arab Spring.
    If we don’t quickly learn from history and how populations can be controlled through hate, and who is funding the agitators, we are likely to become the next victims.

I don't know if this is propaganda or some delusional, paranoid rant. The author combines science with paranoia and effectively attacks all liberals as part of an angry mob out to overthrow America.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Virtue signalling is another form of this addiction. Or does the addiction to hate arise from extreme forms of vitue signaling?
    If anybody's virtue signaling it's the right.

Achievements:
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    It's easy to watch this playing out across the nation. But, let's be fair, most liberals are sitting at home embarassed of what these far-Leftists are doing. The average American doesn't want anything to do with the hatred of the Left, but even here on this forum we have a few who ascribe.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...o_hatred_.html

And this next part is interesting, seeing as we've discussed how Covid might be playing a role.

Read that last paragraph again because it explains how usually normal folks become frightened by these mobs and act in a way that's against their better judgement.
    I guess that the founders were addicted to hate then. We've had race riots in this country since 1863 and other sorts of uprisings have come and gone over the generations, so all this is nothing new. We can all be supportive to a cause, but unsupportive of violent acts. We live in a country of revolutionaries and such revolutions have always brought about changes for the better, because we finally learn what not to do.

Achievements:
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Are you addicted to trolling? LOLOL
    No, he's speaking a fact. If there's ANY hate going on on this country, it belongs to the far right.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I guess that the founders were addicted to hate then. We've had race riots in this country since 1863 and other sorts of uprisings have come and gone over the generations, so all this is nothing new. We can all be supportive to a cause, but unsupportive of violent acts. We live in a country of revolutionaries and such revolutions have always brought about changes for the better, because we finally learn what not to do.
    If you're talking about things like the Boston Tea Party, that was launched to resist the British government, which had become the enemy of the people living here, there's no comparison to today's riots. Back then, the British had become the enemy and the rioters had every intention of overthrowing British rule. The actions of today's looters and thugs are based on a false premise--they think law enforcement is treating blacks differently, although studies show that isn't true in the least.

Race riots? Sure, we've had them, and in the past, they actually had a valid purpose. Today? Nope.

Is this a country of revolutionaries? Maybe a handful, but for the most part, Americans do not approve of the current violence and Americans do not want the police defunded.

Yes, this will pass, but only after it does great damage to black society, because those "revolutionaries" who have co-opted BLM have made it appear as though blacks are inherently violent. That will have far-reaching repercussions, including making it more difficult for blacks to be hired because employers will be leery. The parents of white children will steer their kids away from making black friends because the media continuously showed us angry blacks acting violent.

None of this will affect me personally, but I feel slightly sorry for the innocent blacks who will pay the price for this.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

+ Reply to Thread