Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,137x in 28,529 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it time for the League's Commisioners to be canned

For months they have been telling us that the public is starving for sports before they decided to let ghetto kids chuck the bird at Americans.

The result is a double digit decline instead of their expect surge of viewers.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...-filled-debut/

Now the NBA are blaming Lebron for moving to L.A., instead of blaming Lebron for what he really is.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,276
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,652x in 4,707 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Here's the thing that gets me. I saw a video of Golic and Wingo discussing the falling NBA ratings, and they gave a whole bunch of reasons for why they were low. But they never even once addressed the elephant in the room: That people were turned off by the politics, Black Lives Matter being painted on the court, the kneeling for the anthem, and all the social justice messages. If I want to see that I'll just turn the channel.

I've known for years the sports channels and especially ESPN have had a left wing agenda, but I can't believe they didn't even acknowledge the most likely real reason people were tuning out.

By the way, Cancel State Farm, they're sponsoring the NBA. I've heard the NBA's TV contracts are signed through 2023, so they're going to get their TV money regardless of their ratings. The networks are the ones suffering. Hit their sponsors and they'll have to listen.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Omar For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (08-08-2020)

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,580
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,137x in 28,529 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Here's the thing that gets me. I saw a video of Golic and Wingo discussing the falling NBA ratings, and they gave a whole bunch of reasons for why they were low. But they never even once addressed the elephant in the room: That people were turned off by the politics, Black Lives Matter being painted on the court, the kneeling for the anthem, and all the social justice messages. If I want to see that I'll just turn the channel.

I've known for years the sports channels and especially ESPN have had a left wing agenda, but I can't believe they didn't even acknowledge the most likely real reason people were tuning out.

By the way, Cancel State Farm, they're sponsoring the NBA. I've heard the NBA's TV contracts are signed through 2023, so they're going to get their TV money regardless of their ratings. The networks are the ones suffering. Hit their sponsors and they'll have to listen.
    There are all sorts of out clauses on their contracts and what the NBA did to itself is bound to at least require a readjustment of the contract.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Matt Dillon's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 168x in 119 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    For months they have been telling us that the public is starving for sports before they decided to let ghetto kids chuck the bird at Americans.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...-filled-debut/

Now the NBA are blaming Lebron for moving to L.A., instead of blaming Lebron for what he really is.
    I think it's too late for that. Americans are not happy. What nation does this "National Basketball Association" represent again?

Marxist "Black Lives Matter" slogans painted on their courts? People are over it.

+ Reply to Thread