User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time for another 30 day break, my friends.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for another 30 day break, my friends.

Yeah, my friends, I think it is time for me to take another break from anything political in my life. here and on You Tube also.
    It is all starting to meld into one large sh-it slinging show with no one listening to anyone else.

I was convinced me of this when I repeatedly said, over and over again, about the WHITE HOUSE VETERAN"S HOT LINE started only two years ago by Trump was the program that made a major difference in my life. Blind hatred of Trump never allowed them to see I was talking about a completely new program and had nothing to do with the program being discussed in the OP.

Listening skills and reading interpretation are a lost skill and no one is listening or paying any heed to the other person. All are just trying to shout out over the other.

No matter how many links are posted, they are ignored or cussed because the other person does not like the source. Many links are useless, but many are not.

What I see here is reflected on You Tube and on the Boob Tube. No one cares to listen any more and all are just shouting to closed minds.

My clear 360 vision and logical mind tells me to take a break from all this crap and go fishin'.

This bar fight is not one I want to be a part of for now.

I have a lot of left leaning members, and also a lot of right leaning members, but right now, no one wants to be reasonable or even acknowledge any good done by the other side.

As I said before...no one is 100% all bad 100% of the time. I guess I am the only member here that things so, and will give credit where credit is due.

Hence it is time for another break.

I leave you all with a reality check...from me, and from the heart...

No one presently in American politics is " just like Hitler". If you think so, you have no concept of actual history.

Trump lies, as much as they all lie. Trump has no monopoly on lieing. They all do it.

Trump...and only Trump... started the White House Veteran's Hot Line two years ago. That program started by Trump helped me immensely. Prior to that, there was no EFFECTIVE way to address grievances against the VA.

Antifa are NOT like SS troops. They never will be. WW2 was over 70 years ago. Change the channel if that is all you can reference current events to.

Conservatives are NOT the " new Jews" that antifa will round up and gas. Not gonna happen. Again...change the channel if all you can reference current events to is what happened over 70 years ago.

...and most importantly...cats rule the internet. Always have and always will.

Bye, bye...see everyone on the 13th of September. Some others here should take a break too. Politics and opinion TV shows are ruining your critical thinking.

(well, I was going to post a cool cat pic here, but they system does not allow posting of pics STILL...so bye to everyone anyway....sorry i could not leave you with a cool cat pic.)
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (08-11-2020),Lummy (08-11-2020)

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 761
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Red Lily's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,077x in 3,440 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a cool cat for you

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red Lily For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (08-11-2020),stjames1_53 (08-11-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, @Red Lily...Let me try again...maybe the clitch is over now.

Nope I still can not upload a pic.
    You can, but not me.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 08-11-2020 at 01:51 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

Lummy (08-11-2020)

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 761
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Red Lily's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,077x in 3,440 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    Thanks, @Red Lily...Let me try again...maybe the clitch is over now.

Nope I still can not upload a pic.
    You can, but not me.
    If you're trying to post a pic from the net try unchecking the box that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and the pic should post ok.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes you just know it's time for a break to get yourself centered. The Veterans Hot Line sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out further. I'm glad it's been of benefit to you.

It's hard for me to keep up with all the threads but you're right, a lot of it is the same thing over and over and over.

Be healthy.
    Be safe.

See you on the return side.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (08-17-2020)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy.

Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,512x in 16,036 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, my friends, I think it is time for me to take another break from anything political in my life. here and on You Tube also.
    It is all starting to meld into one large sh-it slinging show with no one listening to anyone else.

I was convinced me of this when I repeatedly said, over and over again, about the WHITE HOUSE VETERAN"S HOT LINE started only two years ago by Trump was the program that made a major difference in my life. Blind hatred of Trump never allowed them to see I was talking about a completely new program and had nothing to do with the program being discussed in the OP.

Listening skills and reading interpretation are a lost skill and no one is listening or paying any heed to the other person. All are just trying to shout out over the other.

No matter how many links are posted, they are ignored or cussed because the other person does not like the source. Many links are useless, but many are not.

What I see here is reflected on You Tube and on the Boob Tube. No one cares to listen any more and all are just shouting to closed minds.

My clear 360 vision and logical mind tells me to take a break from all this crap and go fishin'.

This bar fight is not one I want to be a part of for now.

I have a lot of left leaning members, and also a lot of right leaning members, but right now, no one wants to be reasonable or even acknowledge any good done by the other side.

As I said before...no one is 100% all bad 100% of the time. I guess I am the only member here that things so, and will give credit where credit is due.

Hence it is time for another break.

I leave you all with a reality check...from me, and from the heart...

No one presently in American politics is " just like Hitler". If you think so, you have no concept of actual history.

Trump lies, as much as they all lie. Trump has no monopoly on lieing. They all do it.

Trump...and only Trump... started the White House Veteran's Hot Line two years ago. That program started by Trump helped me immensely. Prior to that, there was no EFFECTIVE way to address grievances against the VA.

Antifa are NOT like SS troops. They never will be. WW2 was over 70 years ago. Change the channel if that is all you can reference current events to.

Conservatives are NOT the " new Jews" that antifa will round up and gas. Not gonna happen. Again...change the channel if all you can reference current events to is what happened over 70 years ago.

...and most importantly...cats rule the internet. Always have and always will.

Bye, bye...see everyone on the 13th of September. Some others here should take a break too. Politics and opinion TV shows are ruining your critical thinking.

(well, I was going to post a cool cat pic here, but they system does not allow posting of pics STILL...so bye to everyone anyway....sorry i could not leave you with a cool cat pic.)
    I agree. Cats rule the internet.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, that did not last long.

Staying inside due to COVID-19 and the 100 degree heat left most of my mundane indoor chores done and will not much else to do.
    Getting severe leg craps did not help. Pickle Juice and gallons of water fixed it, but I am still very sore and it is hard to walk very far. They must have torn some tissue as they were quite severe. Now time will be the great healer.

So here i sit, yet again, at zero-dark-thirty listening and commenting on the on-line bar fight we call politics.

Still can't post pics though. Can't even C&P them as the system interprets it as too much text.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (08-17-2020)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,512x in 16,036 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK, that did not last long.

Staying inside due to COVID-19 and the 100 degree heat left most of my mundane indoor chores done and will not much else to do.
    Getting severe leg craps did not help. Pickle Juice and gallons of water fixed it, but I am still very sore and it is hard to walk very far. They must have torn some tissue as they were quite severe. Now time will be the great healer.

So here i sit, yet again, at zero-dark-thirty listening and commenting on the on-line bar fight we call politics.

Still can't post pics though. Can't even C&P them as the system interprets it as too much text.
    Next time could you at least leave the cat ? Thanx
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    Next time could you at least leave the cat ? Thanx
    I tried to post a Marmalade pic for you, but still not allowed to post anything in any way.

I do not seem to have any way to post any thing.
    Posting pics are half the fun of being on a forum.

I hope they fix the problem soon.

TEXT ONLY is boring.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (08-17-2020)

+ Reply to Thread