Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,568x in 94,410 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Undy View Post
    acknowledge covid as a real threat, by mandating masks from day 1. by also not telling people its going to go away very soon for 7 months. closing off the borders to all immigration back in February. use his influence to argue for nationalizing the payroll to protect people from losing their jobs and put a freeze on rent and mortgages. not fire his pandemic response team a couple of years ago. Start making good on his campaign promise to turn our country back into the manufacturing hub we use to be and cut off our dependence from foreign markets like China so that we could produce enough PPE for first responders and the general public from day 1. Also not taking his squabbles with the states public during the quarantine when people needed stability during a time of uncertainty.

if he had done any of that stuff it would have been great. instead all the trump sycophants bring up is that he did a travel ban on china. cool. a lot of good that did. 7th highest infection count in the world. nearly 1000 people dying a day. over a 150,000 dead. but hey guys, remember when the swine flu killed 12000 people when obama was president? that was obviously much worse than whats happening right now.
    Did your high school forget to teach you what federalism means?
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-13-2020),zelmo1234 (08-13-2020)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,515x in 14,777 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This election doesn't matter.

After spending the last 7 months pretending that Covid doesn't exist and wishing it away, Trump has proven himself incapable of being our commander in chief. His neglecting of covid 19 has threatened our national security, our economy, and our everyday lives. He only decided to start taking it more seriously since after his disastrous interview with Chris Wallace and finally came into acceptance that he is getting curb stomped in the national polls. He has shown no leadership at all whatsoever with the stimulus negotiations. Where is the Donald Trump that wasn't afraid to crap all over the Republican party from the 2016 election? Why isn't he using his political capital within his base to pressure republicans in Congress to do the right thing by the American people? Its because he is an idiot who doesn't know how to wield the power he has. He could end this election today by simply getting on twitter, blasting ALL of Congress, and getting in front of a camera and offer the solutions that are so completely obvious to address the problems right now. Donald Trump is not equipped to address the pandemic, the collapse of our economy, and the mass social unrest facing the country. He has surrounded himself with complete idiots who are giving him bad advice. And he is listening to them. And on top of that he is trying to convince the country that Joe Biden is a communist. Trump never should have fired Sloppy Steve Bannon. I think its obvious he was the life force of the Trump campaign in the 2016 election and actually had his finger on the pulse of the country.

And then there's Joe Biden who is anything but far left. Joe Biden is completely irrelevant in this election. He does not factor into anything that his happening in the country right now. He is literally offering nothing. He has no message. No ideas. No big policy proposals. Just like the last Democratic nominee, this guy is in hiding and offers nothing for our future. And then he chose Kamala Harris for his running mate. These are two of the biggest influence peddlers in Washington. Biden was largely responsible for the crime bill in the 90's that disproportionately targeted minorities and led to the mass social unrest we have today. Harris has spent her career covering up white collar crime, keeping people in jail to be used as slave labor, and threatening poor families with jail for truancy. Anybody who doesn't know what Harris is all about, just go on youtube and watch the epic destruction of her from one of the debates by Tulsi Gabbard. Choosing her as his VP literally makes no sense. The only demographics she brings to the table are the twitter blue check marks, and the bozos at CNN. I firmly believe that Biden did not actually choose her. But was instead chosen for him. Which i think reveals what his administration is going to be. Biden once described himself as a prostitute to big money donors. Harris helped cover up white collar crime committed by Steve Mnuchin in exchange for large campaign contributions. Thats what a Biden administration is going to be. They are going to prostitutue themselves to the highest bidder.

Meanwhile there is 20-40 million people potential going homeless over the next few months. We are seeing signs of PERMANENT job loss in the millions. An unemployment rate thats probably closer to 20%. We are entering a new great depression, with a global pandemic that threatens to curb any economic recovery. And the government created all of this mess. This could have been avoided. The democrats are worthless. The republicans literally don't want to do anything. And Trump is too much of a bumbling idiot to figure out how to even salvage his own political career. I just don't see a future for this country and I don't see how voting for either Trump or Biden is going to change anything. God help this country if Biden doesn't make it through his presidency and then Harris takes over. She is going to sell out this country.

I am a long term anti-donkephant who will vote for one of the unholy two candiadtes for the first time in 30 years. Mostly because I feel that the repubs have actually shown good faith this year while the dems have done the opposite of that. As for COVID, it will not add even 5% to the annual death from all causes in America. IMO something to be concerned about but not something to shut down the country over.
    I agree that the candidate quality has dropped over the years, probably because of the vetting and bull$#@!. I mean a billionairre raised amd spent way more than the job pays to get elected!
    But I have seen the ultra left affiliation with media myself, I was outraged when the dems held up the first relief bill for pork. The authority grabbed by dictator governors for months is as unamerican as it gets. Allowing our cities to burn, or rather allowing the sections housing the very people you propose to help, burn is equally repugnant.
    I think the repubs are a short term answer and they are probably only that because Trump is really one of them.
    Anyway have you considered third party?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Omar (08-13-2020)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,515x in 14,777 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    The important thing is that you retain your smarmy feeling of moral purity. If millions have to suffer and die for that, that's a sacrifice you're willing to have them make.

Moral people, of course, reject your way of thinking. Elections are about doing good, not about trying to make yourself feel good. And doing good means voting for democrats, even if you don't like them.

What exactly have the dems done this year that indicates good? For example inner cities are burning, more young black men then before are dying under the reign of BLM, an economic crash that may yet destroy the dollar leading to true povery for millions. Still big dem cities, the ones that elect them are the worst of COVID hell holes, including the very worst in the world DESPITE unconstitutional restrictions state wide with no regard for level of virus!
    In short the heart of our inner cities are essentially 3rd world countries under dem rule and the situation has gotten worse yet this year.
    So why is it good to vote dem?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (08-13-2020)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are wrong about police.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helena For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (08-13-2020),Lummy (09-30-2020)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,800x in 4,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Still a lot of questions on this. But any start, is better than no start.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

Helena (08-13-2020)

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Sal_Undy's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26x in 19 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I am a long term anti-donkephant who will vote for one of the unholy two candiadtes for the first time in 30 years. Mostly because I feel that the repubs have actually shown good faith this year while the dems have done the opposite of that. As for COVID, it will not add even 5% to the annual death from all causes in America. IMO something to be concerned about but not something to shut down the country over.
    I agree that the candidate quality has dropped over the years, probably because of the vetting and bull$#@!. I mean a billionairre raised amd spent way more than the job pays to get elected!
    But I have seen the ultra left affiliation with media myself, I was outraged when the dems held up the first relief bill for pork. The authority grabbed by dictator governors for months is as unamerican as it gets. Allowing our cities to burn, or rather allowing the sections housing the very people you propose to help, burn is equally repugnant.
    I think the repubs are a short term answer and they are probably only that because Trump is really one of them.
    Anyway have you considered third party?
    The only good faith I have seen from the republicans is that they are honest about who they are, and what they want. Otherwise, they are just as worthless as the dems. They literally want to do nothing to help people who are being crushed by their failures of responding to the pandemic.

I'm more in favor of voting third party because the current two party system is just like professional wrestling. They pretend to be opposed to each other, but behinds closed doors they're all working together to screw regular people. NAFTA, Patriot Act, ACA, TPP, and the recent 5 trillion dollar give away to corporate America in the CARES act while letting tens of millions of Americans go homeless and small businesses close their doors for good. We're watching a major transfer of wealth take place and the inequality in this country is going to skyrocket. Voting for the lesser of two evils is a joke. Both of these parties do not care about us.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sal_Undy For This Useful Post:

Calypso Jones (08-13-2020)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,964x in 55,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not voting this year, here's why

This election doesn't matter....
    This election does matter, but that's beside the point.

I'm not one of these people who says that you have no right to complain if you don't vote. I completely support your right to not vote if that's your choice.

That being said, You you are the type of person who shouldn't vote. You are obviously uninformed and view things only based on an emotional reaction. Too many people like you voting is why we get stuck with horrible elected leaders.
    Last edited by Tahuyaman; 08-13-2020 at 11:06 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Calypso Jones (08-13-2020),Captdon (08-13-2020),Peter1469 (08-13-2020)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,964x in 55,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    Welcome to tPF.

If only Trump were smarter and not an "idiot", imagine what he could have accomplished in life.
    People who mangle a simple sentence should not call anyone an idiot.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why would i vote for a republican or a democrat? thats assuming there is a choice. the two party system is a grift and an illusion into thinking that these two groups fundamentally oppose each other. they don't. and the mentality of believing that you just have to vote democrat because they are the lesser of two evils is a farce. Its that type of mentality that got trump elected.

I would vote for a third party if there actually was a third party choice. but if Biden and Trump are the only names on the ballot, why would i give my vote to a candidate that does not represent my values or concerns?

WE AGREE. YOU should not vote. Are you looking for us to argue with you to get to the polls? NO! Personally I think you should move to Saudi Arabia...maybe Iran.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-13-2020)

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Sal_Undy's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26x in 19 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    This election does matter, but that's beside the point.

I'm not one of these people who says that you have no right to complain if you don't vote. I completely support your right to not vote if that's your choice.

That being said, You you are the type of person who shouldn't vote. You are obviously uninformed and view things only based on an emotional reaction. Too many people like you voting is why we get stuck with horrible elected leaders.
    for the tens of millions of Americans that are facing eviction, the millions of people who have lost their jobs... do you think this election will get emotional for them?

+ Reply to Thread