Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,145x in 28,535 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Undy View Post
    This election doesn't matter.

After spending the last 7 months pretending that Covid doesn't exist and wishing it away, Trump has proven himself incapable of being our commander in chief. His neglecting of covid 19 has threatened our national security, our economy, and our everyday lives. He only decided to start taking it more seriously since after his disastrous interview with Chris Wallace and finally came into acceptance that he is getting curb stomped in the national polls. He has shown no leadership at all whatsoever with the stimulus negotiations. Where is the Donald Trump that wasn't afraid to crap all over the Republican party from the 2016 election? Why isn't he using his political capital within his base to pressure republicans in Congress to do the right thing by the American people? Its because he is an idiot who doesn't know how to wield the power he has. He could end this election today by simply getting on twitter, blasting ALL of Congress, and getting in front of a camera and offer the solutions that are so completely obvious to address the problems right now. Donald Trump is not equipped to address the pandemic, the collapse of our economy, and the mass social unrest facing the country. He has surrounded himself with complete idiots who are giving him bad advice. And he is listening to them. And on top of that he is trying to convince the country that Joe Biden is a communist. Trump never should have fired Sloppy Steve Bannon. I think its obvious he was the life force of the Trump campaign in the 2016 election and actually had his finger on the pulse of the country.

And then there's Joe Biden who is anything but far left. Joe Biden is completely irrelevant in this election. He does not factor into anything that his happening in the country right now. He is literally offering nothing. He has no message. No ideas. No big policy proposals. Just like the last Democratic nominee, this guy is in hiding and offers nothing for our future. And then he chose Kamala Harris for his running mate. These are two of the biggest influence peddlers in Washington. Biden was largely responsible for the crime bill in the 90's that disproportionately targeted minorities and led to the mass social unrest we have today. Harris has spent her career covering up white collar crime, keeping people in jail to be used as slave labor, and threatening poor families with jail for truancy. Anybody who doesn't know what Harris is all about, just go on youtube and watch the epic destruction of her from one of the debates by Tulsi Gabbard. Choosing her as his VP literally makes no sense. The only demographics she brings to the table are the twitter blue check marks, and the bozos at CNN. I firmly believe that Biden did not actually choose her. But was instead chosen for him. Which i think reveals what his administration is going to be. Biden once described himself as a prostitute to big money donors. Harris helped cover up white collar crime committed by Steve Mnuchin in exchange for large campaign contributions. Thats what a Biden administration is going to be. They are going to prostitutue themselves to the highest bidder.

Meanwhile there is 20-40 million people potential going homeless over the next few months. We are seeing signs of PERMANENT job loss in the millions. An unemployment rate thats probably closer to 20%. We are entering a new great depression, with a global pandemic that threatens to curb any economic recovery. And the government created all of this mess. This could have been avoided. The democrats are worthless. The republicans literally don't want to do anything. And Trump is too much of a bumbling idiot to figure out how to even salvage his own political career. I just don't see a future for this country and I don't see how voting for either Trump or Biden is going to change anything. God help this country if Biden doesn't make it through his presidency and then Harris takes over. She is going to sell out this country.
    You are angry at the wind. You have not rational thought process.

The states were in charge.
    Trump could only do things that were within his Constitutional powers and shutting down, opening up states are not among them. Trump also cannot create a vaccine but he has done everything that he could to facilitate the states.

Instead of wasting yor time being angry at the worng person , you should try thinking of what you would do.

Stopping travel from overseas - He did that in January as soon as we learned the virus was transmitted by humans. The left did nothing but criticize him for doing it and Fauci said he was doing it far too early. Biden called him Xenophobic.

Testing - Kits were provided to the states as fast as possible. We did not have the tests until late February and even then they were limited in quantity.

Lockdowns - 100% up to the state. Governors even told Trump that he no right to tell them to shut down or open up.

Perhaps you should pull your head out of the smelly hole it is in and tell us what you would have done differently. When you are done then I am quite sure that you will be pointing at your Governor not the President. You should also turn off whatever media source you listen to because they are more interested in promoting their political position than they are news.
    I have yet to hear anyone tell me what they would have done differently except for more testing. In reality the states are doing less testing now because they find it rather useless for anything but confirming a case and then doing the same damn thing as if they did not have the tests anyways.

Tell me where I am wrong.
    Last edited by carolina73; 08-13-2020 at 01:26 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Calypso Jones (08-13-2020),Captdon (08-13-2020),Peter1469 (08-13-2020)

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    . Both of these parties do not care about us.
    well WHOSE damn fault is THAT? How about people NOT VOTING? But HEY...don't let me rain on your pity party.

THIS might be the most important election of your lifetime. Probably is. Not saying the democrats can't go totally ape S*** but this is where we are now.

Y ou're right. NEITHER party cares about us... and actually i'd like for them to be honest, have a DAY JOB, stay out of my everyday life and leave me the hell alone.

BUT THIS PRESIDENT is NOT a republican. He's AMERICAN, and somewhat conservative. ENOUGH conservative for me and the good of this country.

If you weren't spending so much time on your morally politically superior pedastel you might have PICKED UP ON THAT.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-13-2020),carolina73 (08-13-2020)

Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for the tens of millions of Americans that are facing eviction, the millions of people who have lost their jobs... do you think this election will get emotional for them?
    Well who did that to them. The president wants this country open for the good of american citizens. WHO is standing in his way, DO YA THINK?

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,565
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    well WHOSE damn fault is THAT? How about people NOT VOTING? But HEY...don't let me rain on your pity party.

They need to go to see Cuomo and Murphy.
    THIS might be the most important election of your lifetime. Probably is. Not saying the democrats can't go totally ape S*** but this is where we are now.

Y ou're right. NEITHER party cares about us... and actually i'd like for them to be honest, have a DAY JOB, stay out of my everyday life and leave me the hell alone.

BUT THIS PRESIDENT is NOT a republican. He's AMERICAN, and somewhat conservative. ENOUGH conservative for me and the good of this country.

If you weren't spending so much time on your morally politically superior pedastel you might have PICKED UP ON THAT.

If NY and NJ were run more like FL then we would have had 38,000 less deaths from COVID based on the numbers and the MSM praise Cuomo and screams about Desantis who is doing a great job.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Calypso Jones (08-13-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd give you two thanks on that post if i could @carolina73

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (08-13-2020)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,636x in 56,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    for the tens of millions of Americans that are facing eviction, the millions of people who have lost their jobs... do you think this election will get emotional for them?
    They should hold their governor responsible.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-13-2020),Peter1469 (08-13-2020),zelmo1234 (08-13-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think landlords don't have bills to pay? Their renters refused to pay their rent. Not just those who truly had no money but those that had the money and they just decided to take advantage of the situation.

Let me tell you something else. Those landlords couldn't get those dead beat renters out because the courts were closed.

WHAT these renters FAILED to consider is how refusing to pay their rent was going to affect them in the future.

They are going to have to pay...eventually. ANd they should. You don't get anything for free in this nation off the backs of others Unless you are a damn congressman or senator.

They're also going to have this info about their refusal to pay not in writing but when their new landlord is checking them out, the old landlord is going to divulge that information. And they're going to find it very hard to find a place to rent.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 08-13-2020 at 01:16 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-13-2020)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This election doesn't matter.

After spending the last 7 months pretending that Covid doesn't exist and wishing it away, Trump has proven himself incapable of being our commander in chief. His neglecting of covid 19 has threatened our national security, our economy, and our everyday lives. He only decided to start taking it more seriously since after his disastrous interview with Chris Wallace and finally came into acceptance that he is getting curb stomped in the national polls. He has shown no leadership at all whatsoever with the stimulus negotiations. Where is the Donald Trump that wasn't afraid to crap all over the Republican party from the 2016 election? Why isn't he using his political capital within his base to pressure republicans in Congress to do the right thing by the American people? Its because he is an idiot who doesn't know how to wield the power he has. He could end this election today by simply getting on twitter, blasting ALL of Congress, and getting in front of a camera and offer the solutions that are so completely obvious to address the problems right now. Donald Trump is not equipped to address the pandemic, the collapse of our economy, and the mass social unrest facing the country. He has surrounded himself with complete idiots who are giving him bad advice. And he is listening to them. And on top of that he is trying to convince the country that Joe Biden is a communist. Trump never should have fired Sloppy Steve Bannon. I think its obvious he was the life force of the Trump campaign in the 2016 election and actually had his finger on the pulse of the country.

And then there's Joe Biden who is anything but far left. Joe Biden is completely irrelevant in this election. He does not factor into anything that his happening in the country right now. He is literally offering nothing. He has no message. No ideas. No big policy proposals. Just like the last Democratic nominee, this guy is in hiding and offers nothing for our future. And then he chose Kamala Harris for his running mate. These are two of the biggest influence peddlers in Washington. Biden was largely responsible for the crime bill in the 90's that disproportionately targeted minorities and led to the mass social unrest we have today. Harris has spent her career covering up white collar crime, keeping people in jail to be used as slave labor, and threatening poor families with jail for truancy. Anybody who doesn't know what Harris is all about, just go on youtube and watch the epic destruction of her from one of the debates by Tulsi Gabbard. Choosing her as his VP literally makes no sense. The only demographics she brings to the table are the twitter blue check marks, and the bozos at CNN. I firmly believe that Biden did not actually choose her. But was instead chosen for him. Which i think reveals what his administration is going to be. Biden once described himself as a prostitute to big money donors. Harris helped cover up white collar crime committed by Steve Mnuchin in exchange for large campaign contributions. Thats what a Biden administration is going to be. They are going to prostitutue themselves to the highest bidder.

Meanwhile there is 20-40 million people potential going homeless over the next few months. We are seeing signs of PERMANENT job loss in the millions. An unemployment rate thats probably closer to 20%. We are entering a new great depression, with a global pandemic that threatens to curb any economic recovery. And the government created all of this mess. This could have been avoided. The democrats are worthless. The republicans literally don't want to do anything. And Trump is too much of a bumbling idiot to figure out how to even salvage his own political career. I just don't see a future for this country and I don't see how voting for either Trump or Biden is going to change anything. God help this country if Biden doesn't make it through his presidency and then Harris takes over. She is going to sell out this country.
    Since your post starts with a lie and goes down from there, I'll assume you're also lying about not voting and you plan to vote 22 times for Kamala Harris.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-13-2020)

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,565
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Do you think landlords don't have bills to pay? Their renters refused to pay their rent. Not just those who truly had no money but those that had the money and they just decided to take advantage of the situation.

Let me tell you something else. Those landlords couldn't get those dead beat renters out because the courts were closed.

WHAT these renters FAILED to consider is how refusing to pay their rent was going to affect them in the future.

They are going to have to pay...eventually. ANd they should. You don't get anything for free in this nation off the backs of others Unless you are a damn congressman or senator.

They're also going to have this info about their refusal to pay not in writing but when their new landlord is checking them out, the old landlord is going to divulge that information. And they're going to find it very hard to find a place to rent.
    You can bet that landlords are working with good tenants to retain them. Empty properties do not make money and most people looking are the ones with bad track records. It is very hard to find good long term tenants. Most landlords are taking what they get.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,636x in 56,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Did your high school forget to teach you what federalism means?
    Today’s high school teachers probably don’t know either.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread