User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I wonder about those FBI interviews....

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 826
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Greenridgeman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 477x in 410 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's called cover you ass, junie.

CYA.

I am sure the truthful little terrorist told the exact truth, he acted alone.

Sure he did, that is why is brother was in Chechnya.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,135
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    junie's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 828x in 666 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we were prompted to question him as a result of his suspicious activities in russia, and the interrogations were not covert...

The first Russian request came in March 2011 through the F.B.I.’s office in the United States Embassy in Moscow. The one-page request said Mr. Tsarnaev “had changed drastically since 2010” and was preparing to travel to a part of Russia “to join unspecified underground groups.”

In response, counterterrorism agents in the F.B.I.’s field office in Boston, near where Mr. Tsarnaev was living, began a review to determine whether he had extremist tendencies or ties to terrorist groups. The review included examining criminal databases and conducting interviews with Mr. Tsarnaev and his family.

The agents concluded by June 2011 that they could not find any connections to extremists, and in August the results of the assessment were provided to the Russians, according to the United States official. At the time, F.B.I. agents requested additional information on Mr. Tsarnaev and asked to be informed of any further developments.

In closing out its report, the F.B.I.’s field office in Boston added Mr. Tsarnaev’s name to a second watch list, the Treasury Enforcement Communications System, or TECS, which was set up to send an electronic message to customs officials whenever Mr. Tsarnaev left the country.

Shortly thereafter, the F.B.I. repeated its request to the Russians for more information. The Russians, however, did not respond with anything new.
    But a month later, the Russians sent the C.I.A. the same request for information on Mr. Tsarnaev that they had sent the F.B.I. .

That request prompted the C.I.A. to review its databases for information on Mr. Tsarnaev, but the agency came to a similar conclusion as the F.B.I. Around that time, the F.B.I. learned of the request to the C.I.A. and for the second time since providing its findings to the Russians in June, it went back and asked them for additional information on Mr. Tsarnaev, according to the official.

The official said the Russians never provided any additional information on Mr. Tsarnaev until after he was killed as he and his brother, Dzhokhar, tried to evade police officers who were chasing them in Watertown, Mass.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/25/us...sts.html?_r=1&

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I may give a very UNeducated opinion. I think the biggest problem with the CIA and FBI is that americans do not understand what they do and the enormity of what they are asked to do.
    The cia has many covert operators information is KEY to any countries security. Informants are a must. When youre involved in operations such as these secrecy is a must and when a little gets out americans form opinions based on those scraps of info and never get to see the entire picture. I do know this.
    When a kid is kidnapped everyone loves the FBI when they find the child alive. Everyone hates the FBI when they come to question them about a crime or make an error. The cia and fbi go about what they do unfazed. They have to theres no other choice.
    I dont think they are the evil incarnate or the incompetent boobs some think they are.

Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Ravi's Avatar Banned
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,238x in 982 Posts
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by junie View Post
    he wasn't acting up as a result of the interrogations...he was already acting suspiciously, which is why the russians asked us to look into his activities...
    Good point. I wonder what he was doing, has anyone said?

Achievements:
    Ravi's Avatar Banned
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we were prompted to question him as a result of his suspicious activities in russia, and the interrogations were not covert...
    Interesting article. I'm still not clear if it was covert or not. He was on the FBI and the CIAs lists....

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie_Archer View Post
    Interesting article. I'm still not clear if it was covert or not. He was on the FBI and the CIAs lists....

i'm not sure what you mean by covert, but he and his family were aware he was being investigated, and the FBI met with them face to face...

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    If I may give a very UNeducated opinion. I think the biggest problem with the CIA and FBI is that americans do not understand what they do and the enormity of what they are asked to do.
    The cia has many covert operators information is KEY to any countries security. Informants are a must. When youre involved in operations such as these secrecy is a must and when a little gets out americans form opinions based on those scraps of info and never get to see the entire picture. I do know this.
    When a kid is kidnapped everyone loves the FBI when they find the child alive. Everyone hates the FBI when they come to question them about a crime or make an error. The cia and fbi go about what they do unfazed. They have to theres no other choice.
    I dont think they are the evil incarnate or the incompetent boobs some think they are.

do you know whether or not the protocol would have been for FBI to inform local police or was BPD left in the dark about this suspect being in our midst???

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 826
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Greenridgeman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 477x in 410 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post

Milton Leon Scott, neighbor and my first introduction to the FBI.:

"Milton had his wallet stolen sometime in November of 1972, which led to his death by the FBI in 1973. There are lots similarities in the handling of these two cases even though they occurred 40 years apart. The question is how can this still happen?The person that stole Milton's wallet, one Calvin Henry Wallace, joined the army and ended up going AWOL. If having your wallet stolen was not bad enough, Can you imagine how much worst it would be if it cost you your life? This is exactly what happened to Milton. On July 18, 1973, at 11:25am at a little shotgun house in Baton Rouge,
    Milton told his wife the week before the shooting, that he had noticed that someone had been following him and taking his picture. They did not know what it was about at the time, needless to say, it made them uneasy. On February 18, 1973, the young couple Milton 21 and his wife Beverly 25 lost their 5 year old (Andre) due to a tumor. This sadly was not to be the only grave loss the family suffered that year.
    On July 18, 1973, the FBI came to the Scott's home to arrest Milton for deserting the US Army. Beverly claimed that the officers asked her husband if he was Milton Scott, he said yes. The officers proceeded to tell Milton they had a warrant for his arrest for deserting the US Army. Milton told the two officers that he was not then nor had never been in the army. Then he informed the officers that they could not enter his home with the weapons they were carrying. He had a pregnant wife and a young child inside and then he closed the door. Then Beverly claimed the two officers a Delbert W Hahn and Bill Woods kicked the door in and drug Milton out while she and their daughter watched in horror. The officers claimed when they kicked in the door Milton rushed them and tried to take their weapon, which led to his shooting, clubbing and kick to the back out on the porch.
    This is vastly different from Mrs Scott's claims. She claimed after Milton was drug from the house, she heard a scuffle on the porch and then two shots rang out. She looked out of the window and saw one of the agents kick her husband in the back while he was on the ground. Within hours of Milton's death, the FBI realized that the man they were looking for, a Calvin Henry Wallace had been in jail the entire time for forgery. (Wallace had a history of identity theft)."

BTW, the $#@!ing $#@!s Infernal did not even have the decency to send someone to wash the blood out of the driveway.

Achievements:
    Ravi's Avatar Banned
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm not sure what you mean by covert, but he and his family were aware he was being investigated, and the FBI met with them face to face...
    Right, but I don't really know how they conduct these interviews, I guess I was thinking the FBI guy didn't identify himself but merely "befriended" them.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,096x in 10,778 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie_Archer View Post
    You would have thought Homeland Security could have prevented this then?

+ Reply to Thread