User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How come it takes a tragedy for Americans to unite and work as one? Thoughts

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
    That's fine except that you are arguing against a strawman since no one posted that Obama and liberals are responsible for everything and anything. I did list specific things they are responsible for and very publicly so, such as race baiting and fomenting class hatred. If you have missed this going on right under your nose, not much we can do for you.
    • You must have missed the statement by Barney Fwank shortly after the bombing.
      No, the progressives have succeeded through reverse discrimination, race baiting, class baiting and historical revisionism to pretty much destroying the unity of the U.S.
    That is your response and you blame everything on the other side all the divisions in this country are just because of progressives. I say nonesense and most of america agrees with that.
    I came on this forum and the first post I made you called me a lib and a leftist, the second post I wrote on this forum you did the same thing and the third and finally I said either I put a stop to this $#@! or hes just going to on and on. I have nothing against you personally and I dont dislike you, I just wasnt going to allow you to keep calling me what I know I am not.
    Heres the real deal Mainecoons, I dont disagree with all you say, acutally I agree with more than I dont.
    I just dont follow that silly ass right wing teaparty talking points crap.
    I dont like Obama I think he is a terrible president, I think bush was far better. I dont like many things Obama does I dont like much of the progressive agenda.
    I am dead set against the teaparty being the arm of the rich man for the rich man and sucking in working class americans like YOU and many others and making freniziests out of you over a couple of issues like guns, THEY CANT TAKE OUR GUNS, to disquise their real only agenda and that is make the rich richer, but they need working class for votes In my view they have a telephone pole so far up your arse you cant see the end of it.
    The attack on the working class by the teaparty was disgusting and it wouldnt have been so bad if they didnt try for HUGE tax cuts for the richest americans corporations.
    Remember this the tax RATE MEANS NOTHING absolutely nothing you can say corporations and the rich have a tax rate of 99% the only thing that matters is the adjusted tax rate and that in many cases is ZERO or 5-10-15% its what you pay not what the phony rate is.
    All the right wing frenziests want to blame this debt on Democrats, bull$#@! republicans are just as much as fault and they are more at fault for this illegal immigration that is KILLING us.
    They want to cut peoples social security that they govt NEVER paid a dime into, the worker and the employer paid for SS and Medicare, the only one paid for by the govt is medicaid.
    The teaparty paul ryans want to assault social security and medicare and give the rich a full 27% tax cut and that was in his first plan. Then the republican govs that got into office and immediately attacked public workers took from them and gave tax cuts to the rich. Christie, Walker, Scott for just 3. Turned me off the republican party and totally against the teaparty far right.
    Now I vote for who I think the best person is and it will not be for Ted Cruz Paul Ryan, Rand Paul or Grover Norquist types
    Whether the republican party likes it or not there are lost of people in this country in lots of various financial status and 400 americans have almost 60% of all the wealth.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That sounds awful one-sided.
    You cant read

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 826
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Greenridgeman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 477x in 410 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryamb View Post
    Ok so check this. If the laws of attraction are real, than the things we focus most on is what we get more of. The media focuses on violence, hatred, and all around buffoonery. Is this the real reason our society is on a steady decline?

I certainly think the media provides an audience for spree killers, like Lanza and Holmes, and for terrorists like the Bill Ayers.

Limiting the audience my limit the attraction.

I don't think media attention increases street violence, and may help.

Baton Rouge media, police and mayor are working together, and beyond a doubt doing some serious profiling by zip code within EBR.

2011 and 2012 has similar numbers killed, but there was big decline in second half of 2012, so some progress.

I'm going look for the link.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 536
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    maryamb's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4x in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenridgeman View Post
    I certainly think the media provides an audience for spree killers, like Lanza and Holmes, and for terrorists like the Bill Ayers.

Limiting the audience my limit the attraction.

I don't think media attention increases street violence, and may help.

Baton Rouge media, police and mayor are working together, and beyond a doubt doing some serious profiling by zip code within EBR.

2011 and 2012 has similar numbers killed, but there was big decline in second half of 2012, so some progress.

I'm going look for the link.
    Greenridgeman I am an investigative journalist and I can tell you that from my research the main stream media is definitely for sell! I am working on a case right now where a criminal informant killed this woman's son. I have the protocol the sheriff's office is suppose to follow in an missing endangered case. The police did none of what they were suppose to do. The young man's mom call the local media to report that her son was missing, they said they could not do so without the sheriff's consent. The sheriff did not give it until 10 days later. The police did not get a search party together. The family had to do so. A young man just recently in the same county went missing and the sheriff's office made a report to the media the following day the young man was found. The sheriff is a tyrant and I am so going to bring him down. I talked to the senator that was sheriff and the current sheriff worked for the senator. The senator told me that the current sheriff was under investigation by the department for unethical practices and when he found out, that he quit so he could keep his record clean and not to lose his pension. So in essence his record looks stellar because when he quit the investigation was dropped. This is how all these crooked people get voted in. They know the system and how it works so they can manipulate it to make it look like they are a good candidate when they are not and most of the voters are uninformed. The more I learn the more I understand that it is in the government's and corporations' best interests to have the masses afraid and uninformed. The more you know the less you can be taken advantage of!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maryamb For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (04-27-2013)

Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    You cant read
    More ad hom.

I just dont follow that silly ass right wing teaparty talking points crap.
    Another example of awful one-sidedness.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greenridgeman I am an investigative journalist and I can tell you that from my research the main stream media is definitely for sell! I am working on a case right now where a criminal informant killed this woman's son. I have the protocol the sheriff's office is suppose to follow in an missing endangered case. The police did none of what they were suppose to do. The young man's mom call the local media to report that her son was missing, they said they could not do so without the sheriff's consent. The sheriff did not give it until 10 days later. The police did not get a search party together. The family had to do so. A young man just recently in the same county went missing and the sheriff's office made a report to the media the following day the young man was found. The sheriff is a tyrant and I am so going to bring him down. I talked to the senator that was sheriff and the current sheriff worked for the senator. The senator told me that the current sheriff was under investigation by the department for unethical practices and when he found out, that he quit so he could keep his record clean and not to lose his pension. So in essence his record looks stellar because when he quit the investigation was dropped. This is how all these crooked people get voted in. They know the system and how it works so they can manipulate it to make it look like they are a good candidate when they are not and most of the voters are uninformed. The more I learn the more I understand that it is in the government's and corporations' best interests to have the masses afraid and uninformed. The more you know the less you can be taken advantage of!

EBR Sheriff, like most in LA, should be investigated by FBI.

Having a hard time opening links to BRLA riots. Did I read right, was Capt. Byran Clemmons, later long term EBR Sheriff, at the riot scene when it started?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you still in EBR?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4x in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about the Sheriff but I will check it you! To be fair the BRPD actually did a more thorough investigation of Milton's shooting than the FBI did! The FBI didn't even question the witnesses! They said the area was known to be a black Muslim hotspot and didn't want to question witnesses because they didn't want another incident like the one that occurred with Milton. Yet they had no issue going to that area the day Milton was shot and killed!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4x in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry forgot to answer this! I am no longer in BR but most of my family is. Trust me I try and convience them to leave every time we visit!

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,768
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,010x in 10,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the light of all the recent tragedies, whether they are weather, bombs, guns etc. I have notice it is the only time all Americans are all on the same page and willing to put petty differences aside to do the human. Why does it take tragedies to unite us, especially since we are suppose to be Christian dominate country? Thoughts?
    It's been this way throughout our history actually. With the exception of Bush II's terms where tragedy and weather events were used as political footballs

+ Reply to Thread