Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 477x in 410 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lil' Wayne/ Emmett Till family

Apparently lil'Wayne made some rap with lyrics that disrespected Emmet Till.

Does anybody know what he actually wrote?

I read he "apologized" to the Till family, an "apology" they did not accept as sincere.

So, what's up, was it so vile it can't be repeated?

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    BillyBob's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 96x in 89 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too little too late? Lil Wayne's rhymes are getting him in trouble -- and this time around, even an apology can't save the situation. The "Money on My Mind" rapper has officially been dropped from an endorsement deal with Mountain Dew over controversial lyrics that he contributed to a remix of Future's "Karate Chop," which was leaked online in February.
    The line in question involves Wayne rapping that he'll "beat the p---y up like Emmett Till," a nod to the historic 1955 beating and murder of Mississippi teenager Emmett Till after the teen allegedly flirted with a white woman.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...#ixzz2STmQfy8D
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

I read it and I still don't understand....any of it. Like, Why did Mountain Dew hire this idiot in the first place? And who gives a flying crap what he wrote?

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 826
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Greenridgeman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Too little too late? Lil Wayne's rhymes are getting him in trouble -- and this time around, even an apology can't save the situation. The "Money on My Mind" rapper has officially been dropped from an endorsement deal with Mountain Dew over controversial lyrics that he contributed to a remix of Future's "Karate Chop," which was leaked online in February.
    The line in question involves Wayne rapping that he'll "beat the p---y up like Emmett Till," a nod to the historic 1955 beating and murder of Mississippi teenager Emmett Till after the teen allegedly flirted with a white woman.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...#ixzz2STmQfy8D
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

I read it and I still don't understand....any of it. Like, Why did Mountain Dew hire this idiot in the first place? And who gives a flying crap what he wrote?

Thanks.

The Till family should have had lil'Wayne over for dinner, beat him like a rented slave, so he might have some respect.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Alif Qadr's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 254x in 179 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenridgeman View Post
    Apparently lil'Wayne made some rap with lyrics that disrespected Emmet Till.

Does anybody know what he actually wrote?

I read he "apologized" to the Till family, an "apology" they did not accept as sincere.

So, what's up, was it so vile it can't be repeated?
    The comment that Wayne made in one of his raps is appalling and shows the lack of historical continuity that people in this country suffer from.
    Just this morning one of the commentators of News 12 in Westchester County furthered the insult when he made the intentional remark that Emmit was Civil Rights leaders, when in fact Emmit was a fourteen year old BOY who was tortured and beaten to death by beasts, who then discarded his body in a nearby river.
    مندوب المختار مختصة هي تستحق ابنه الحكمة من أطفال رحلة ليلية الثناء
    Alif Qadr Muhktar Muhammad Bashir ibn Bani Isr
    باسم "الله الرحمن الرحيم"
    In the name of Allah The Beneficent The Merciful

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 826
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Greenridgeman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alif Qadr View Post
    The comment that Wayne made in one of his raps is appalling and shows the lack of historical continuity that people in this country suffer from.
    Just this morning one of the commentators of News 12 in Westchester County furthered the insult when he made the intentional remark that Emmit was Civil Rights leaders, when in fact Emmit was a fourteen year old BOY who was tortured and beaten to death by beasts, who then discarded his body in a nearby river.

"If you know your history, then you would know where you're comin' from,

And you wouldn't have to ask me, who the Hell do you think I am>'

Bob Marley

Public education relegates discussion of slavery and the civil rights movement to a few paragraphs in a book and a token Black History Month.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Alif Qadr's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 254x in 179 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Marley

Public education relegates discussion of slavery and the civil rights movement to a few paragraphs in a book and a token Black History Month.
    Hear Hear! Indeed!
    مندوب المختار مختصة هي تستحق ابنه الحكمة من أطفال رحلة ليلية الثناء
    Alif Qadr Muhktar Muhammad Bashir ibn Bani Isr
    باسم "الله الرحمن الرحيم"
    In the name of Allah The Beneficent The Merciful

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 568
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Micketto's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 175x in 150 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alif Qadr View Post
    Because if there's one thing we demand in our anti-English speaking, "gangsta rap" felons.... it's historical continuity.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Micketto For This Useful Post:

Greenridgeman (05-07-2013)

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,140x in 1,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Did key Emmet Till witness commit perjury?...

Key Till witness gave false testimony, historian says
    January 28, 2017 — The woman at the center of the trial of Emmett Till's alleged killers has acknowledged that she falsely testified he made physical and verbal threats, according to a new book.
    Historian Timothy B. Tyson told The Associated Press on Saturday that Carolyn Donham broke her long public silence in an interview with him in 2008. His book, "The Blood of Emmett Till," comes out next week. "She told me that 'Nothing that boy did could ever justify what happened to him,'" said Tyson, a Duke University research scholar whose previous books include "Blood Done Sign My Name" and "Radio Free Dixie." Emmett Till was a 14-year-old black tortured and killed in 1955 in Mississippi after allegedly whistling at a white woman, then known as Carolyn Bryant. His murder became national news, was a galvanizing event in the civil rights movement and has been the subject of numerous books and movies. During the trial, Bryant said that he had grabbed her, and, in profane terms, bragged about his history with white woman. The jury was not present when she testified.

Donham's then-husband, Roy Bryant, and his half brother, J.W. Milam, were acquitted by the all-white jury. Both men, who later told Look magazine they did murder Till, have since died. Milam's widow, Juanita Milam, would later tell the FBI she believed that Carolyn Bryant had fabricated her story. Juanita Milam died in 2014. The Justice Department re-examined the case a decade ago, but no one was indicted as a murderer or an accomplice. Tyson said that he spoke with Donham after her daughter-in-law, Marsha Bryant, contacted him. Bryant had read "Blood Done Sign My Name," about a racist murder during his childhood in Oxford, North Carolina, and invited Tyson to meet with her and Donham.

Tyson said he and Donham had two conversations that both lasted 2-3 hours and that he planned at the time to place the material in the archives at the University of North Carolina. Asked why he waited so long to publicize his findings, he responded that historians think in different terms than do journalists. "I'm more interested in what speaks to the ages than in what is the latest media thing," he said. He added that he wasn't sure whether Donham knew about the book. He said he had fallen out of touch with the family and that when he last spoke with Bryant, a few years ago, she said Donham was in poor health.

Till was a fun-loving teenager from Chicago visiting the Mississippi Delta and helping out on his great-uncle Mose Wright's farm. On Aug. 24, 1955, Till and some other kids drove to a local store, Bryant's, for refreshments. At Bryant's, some of the kids stayed on the porch, watching a game of checkers, while the others filed inside to buy bubble gum and sodas. Carolyn Bryant, the 21-year-old wife of proprietor Roy Bryant, was behind the counter. Accounts of what happened next differ.

MORE

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,140x in 1,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Granny says, "Dat's right - the Donald gonna get to the bottom of it...

'A Step in the Right Direction': Caldwell Praises Trump DOJ After 1955 Emmett Till Case Reopened
    13 July `18 - Fox News analyst Gianno Caldwell reacted to the Trump administration reopening the federal investigation into the 1955 murder of black teenager Emmett Till.

Shannon Bream reported that the decision was precipitated in part by a new book from author Timothy Tyson that contained new information about the case. However, Tyson ripped the administration, saying that it is a "deep irony and appalling hypocrisy that Jefferson Beauregard Sessions and Donald Trump would pretend to care about African-American children." Till, a 14-year-old from Chicago, was kidnapped from his uncle's home in Money, Miss. and later found dead.

Till had previously whistled at a white shopkeeper named Carolyn Donham, and his body was later found mutilated in the Tallahatchie River.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/1...rder-case-1955

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Marley

A token black history month that happens to be the shortest month. Don't the Asians and Hispanics both get thirty-one days?
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

+ Reply to Thread