Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,459x in 13,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    you seem to invent in your head a lot of things that 'liberals" do

record profits are great. it's then turning around and telling workers, even in the face of those record profits, that they're screwed that's the problem.

but hell, i live well... you're the one that's voting against your own self-interest.
    I invent nothing, I am able to observe the abhorrent behavior of libs. It's not rocket science.

Who are you to tell me what my interests are? Do we know each other?
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 2,783
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,074x in 14,369 Posts
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    you seem to invent in your head a lot of things that 'liberals" do

record profits are great. it's then turning around and telling workers, even in the face of those record profits, that they're screwed that's the problem.

but hell, i live well... you're the one that's voting against your own self-interest.
    YOu know that is exactly what the people of Detroit did for Decades they voted for their own self interest, and then other peoples money ran out, they started raising taxes and fee's and the business left the city, In 1961 Detroit had the highest per capita income in the nation!

And the Union started wanting more for less, more for less, and now the city is a disaster, it looks like a city that has been bombed during a war! It is dangerous, and not a good place to live!

So I believe that you live in NY and you got a little time from Mayor Giuliani! But you are not voting your long term self interest because it is not sustainable!

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,769
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, NY is on the same path for the same reason. Ridiculous taxes, bloated and inefficient government.

http://www.nfib.com/nfib-in-my-state...nt?cmsid=57706

As a share of population, New York said goodbye to more residents in the last decade than any other state. According to a stunning new report by the Empire Center, a project by the Manhattan Research Institute, more than 1.6 million New Yorkers moved out of state between 2000 and 2010.
    The research, based on data from the latest US Census, showed that for the second consecutive decade New York was the country’s favorite place to leave. Moreover, the inflow of immigrants to New York, which has traditionally been strong enough to offset the loss of population, has fallen sharply as well. So, not only are more people leaving New York, but fewer are coming. Why?

The exodus is “the ultimate barometer of New York’s attractiveness as a place to work, live and do business,” said EJ McMahon, the report’s author. “It’s the ultimate indication that what we’ve been doing is wrong.”

Indeed. And it explodes the notion that New York can retain its global prominence, or even its regional competitiveness, without making serious changes in public policy.

Consider data from the non-profit Tax Foundation. The organization ranks New York dead last in the country for its high taxes. And according to its research, more than 1.5 million income taxpayers left the state between 2000 and 2008 (the last year for which they have figures). They brought with them nearly 3 million exemptions – most likely their dependent spouses and children – as well as $97 billion in adjusted gross income.

The failures of the high tax/big government model just keep piling up and people like Jillian just can't grasp it.

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian.”. Henry Ford

+ Reply to Thread