Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,801x in 2,984 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    Well I think I have taught well then, I drive a 205 F150 live in a 100 year old farm house and the largest TV in my home is 26" And I have made it to the top 1%
    Prove it please. I've seen people claim to be famous people, war heroes and, yes, rich.

If you are truly in the 1% then a paltry $10,000 check to the DFW USO in the name of Zelmo1234 is easy for you.

http://affiliates.uso.org/dfw/

If that's a problem, please let me know.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,769
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with your chart, Warrior, is that the economy back after WWII was far more energetic and able to quickly reduce debt. As I've shown in other threads, that is no longer the case. GNP now staggers along at a few percent, and that is misleading since it also includes runaway government spending, while debt is being piled on at World War rates.

BTW, the rich aren't paying relatively little in America. Did you confuse it with Mexico where they really aren't paying squat?

The U.S. has a very progressive tax scheme. That has been documented here ad nauseam before your arrival. It is very easy to confirm this with simple research on line.

The problem is excessive government spending. Period. Spending has gone up far faster than population, revenues or GNP. So has piling on debt.

Before Bush got elected, spending and revenues were fairly close together and debt accumulation had fallen drastically. Bush and the Republicrats got us into a stupid war and spent on everything like Drunken Democrats. When the real Drunken Democrats returned they showed the Republicrats just how you really can squander money and grow government.

And here we are today. Thirteen years of disastrous leadership and anther three to go. With Europe imploding and Obama doing everything wrong that can be done, good luck in avoiding a collapse in the next three years.
    “Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian.”. Henry Ford

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 2,827
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,063x in 14,362 Posts
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
    Prove it please. I've seen people claim to be famous people, war heroes and, yes, rich.

If you are truly in the 1% then a paltry $10,000 check to the DFW USO in the name of Zelmo1234 is easy for you.

http://affiliates.uso.org/dfw/

If that's a problem, please let me know.
    I will choose my Charity Thank you very much!

But if you check out the donation channels of OH! say wounded Warrior project? I think you might find some of what you are looking for!

And please don't take this personal but what you really thing matters very little to me! It is highly likely that you are one of the people sucking the country dry by demanding what you deserve without working for it!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,900x in 54,717 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Two more problems with the chart.

One, following WWII, faced with joblessness and recession, Congress denied FDR's fellow travelers continued war measures and enacted spending cuts instead. Recovery was quick.

Two, you're not including all debt, for when you do you get a chart like this:

And that goes only to 2010.

Here, this one goes further:

Last edited by Chris; 07-29-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Mainecoons (07-29-2013),zelmo1234 (07-29-2013)

+ Reply to Thread