User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: New Book Out On General David Petraeus.....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 2,696
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Unenlightened
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,712x in 5,375 Posts
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jgreer View Post
    Thanks Clawhammer I agree it is not good when Washington and the military lie to make themselves look better. We deserve the truth

He an acquaintance of your's, greer? If so, thanks for bringing him on board.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

tPF Moderator
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 2,335
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Peter1469's Avatar Moderator Representative
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 11,459x in 8,393 Posts
    Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in Iraq with Petraeus in 07-08. The troops loved him. He was a rock star.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Conley (01-29-2012),MMC (01-29-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class1 year registeredOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    MMC's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,662x in 1,465 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by MMC; 02-23-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,676
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first Group
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,491x in 2,002 Posts
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just got this book from the library and started it last night. I'm about twenty pages in, it's pretty good.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience Points
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46x in 40 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Mebbe he was doin' the hanky-panky inna tanky...

CIA Director Petraeus quits: extramarital affair
    November 9, 2012 WASHINGTON (AP) — Officials say revelations about the affair that led to Friday's resignation of CIA Director David Petraeus were discovered in the course of an FBI investigation.
    The officials, briefed on what led to the CIA director's sudden resignation, spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

It was unclear what the FBI was investigating or when it discovered the Petraeus affair.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cia-...marital-affair
    See also:

CIA director David Petraeus resigns over affair
    9 November 2012 - David Petraeus retired from 37 years in the military to become CIA director
    CIA director David Petraeus has resigned from his post, admitting he had an extra-marital affair. In a statement, Mr Petraeus said he had submitted his resignation to President Barack Obama, and that he had shown "extremely poor judgement". He described his behaviour as "unacceptable" for the leader of the nation's main intelligence agency. Mr Petraeus became CIA boss in 2011 after heading international forces in Iraq, then in Afghanistan. He was the highest-profile military officer of the post-9/11 years, winning plaudits for his role running the "surge" in Iraq and implementing a counter-insurgency strategy in Afghanistan.

'Great patriot'

Mr Petraeus' resignation came just three days after President Barack Obama's re-election, and prompted a flurry of statements from the White House, intelligence community and Mr Petraeus himself. Announcing his decision to stand down, the former general was full of contrition. "After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extra-marital affair," Mr Petraeus said in a statement. "Such behaviour is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organisation such as ours. This afternoon, the president graciously accepted my resignation."

Mr Obama's statement said Mr Petraeus had "provided extraordinary service to the United States for decades", citing both his time as CIA director and service to the military. "By any measure, through his lifetime of service David Petraeus has made our country safer and stronger." "Going forward, my thoughts and prayers are with Dave and Holly Petraeus, who has done so much to help military families through her own work." James Clapper, director of national intelligence, thanked Mr Petraeus for his decades of service: "Dave's decision to step down represents the loss of one of our nation's most respected public servants," "I have spent more than five decades serving our country - in uniform and out - and of all the exceptional men and women I have worked with over the years, I can honestly say that Dave Petraeus stands out as one of our nation's great patriots."

CIA deputy director Michael Morell will serve as acting director of the agency, the White House confirmed. Eventually Mr Obama must nominate a new director to head the agency, who will then need to be confirmed by the Senate. Mr Morell, who is well respected at both the White House and on Capitol Hill, also served as acting director following the departure of former CIA chief Leon Panetta. The CIA faces a potential period of instability after Mr Petraeus' resignation, as it also deals with a budget plateau and questions over its response to a deadly attack at a US consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20276610
    Last edited by waltky; 11-09-2012 at 05:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread