User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rule 1 Questions

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,486x in 55,026 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie_Archer View Post
    Faulty inference. I simply don't care. If someone wants to personally attack me on an anonymous messageboard it has no effect on my life. Matter of fact, I rarely report anyone that engages in personal attacks with the sole exception of Chris.

False accusation, marie, something you keep doing but can never demonstrate.

If someone wants to personally attack me on an anonymous messageboard it has no effect on my life.
    Basically the same attitude of cigar, concern for yourself, no concern for others and the forum.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

fyrenza (08-22-2013)

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anyway, nice distraction, guy and gal, from the topic, what is the meaning of the rule, no personal attacks? How about you let others answer rather than distract.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

fyrenza (08-22-2013)

Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Ravi's Avatar Banned
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,238x in 982 Posts
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    False accusation, marie, something you keep doing but can never demonstrate.

Basically the same attitude of cigar, concern for yourself, no concern for others and the forum.
    What false accusation do you speak of?

I can't speak for Cigar, but I'm not a communist that needs governance. btw, you are actually the only person I've seen that is bothered by personal attacks. No one else incessantly harps on the issue.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What false accusation do you speak of?

I can't speak for Cigar, but I'm not a communist that needs governance. btw, you are actually the only person I've seen that is bothered by personal attacks. No one else incessantly harps on the issue.

Your blatant and repeated accusation I personally attack others. You never show where that happens. Cry wolf enough and no one will believe you any more.

I and others are bothered by personal attacks disrupting discussion. Other than that it's simply hoisting your own petard, see Insults.

You don't seem to want to contribute to this discussion but only distract from the OP questions.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

sky dancer (10-04-2013)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mr Happy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 449x in 372 Posts
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faulty inference. I simply don't care. If someone wants to personally attack me on an anonymous messageboard it has no effect on my life. Matter of fact, I rarely report anyone that engages in personal attacks with the sole exception of Chris.
    Bingo....he just doesn't get it. He is by far one of the most self-centred, thin-skinned, attention-seeking people I've ever 'met' on a messageboard. Almost as bad as Intense on that other board. It got to a stage (before I put him on ignore) where I thought he was a troll. His constant whining about ad homs and the way he twisted even the most basic post around to something that wasn't being said or discussed was mind boggling. And when you point out a fact about how wrong he is and why, he not only refuses to accept it but then tries to argue why he is right. Thus me thinking he was a troll, because I couldn't think anybody could really be that obtuse and they must be taking the piss. Find him one of the most disruptive posters on this board, thus the ignore button being on....Would love to know how old he is - comes across as 15-18 age bracket...
    Hands up who likes a snitch?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Happy For This Useful Post:

Ravi (08-22-2013)

Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Ravi's Avatar Banned
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,238x in 982 Posts
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happy View Post
    Bingo....he just doesn't get it. He is by far one of the most self-centred, thin-skinned, attention-seeking people I've ever 'met' on a messageboard. Almost as bad as Intense on that other board. It got to a stage (before I put him on ignore) where I thought he was a troll. His constant whining about ad homs and the way he twisted even the most basic post around to something that wasn't being said or discussed was mind boggling. And when you point out a fact about how wrong he is and why, he not only refuses to accept it but then tries to argue why he is right. Thus me thinking he was a troll, because I couldn't think anybody could really be that obtuse and they must be taking the piss. Find him one of the most disruptive posters on this board, thus the ignore button being on....Would love to know how old he is - comes across as 15-18 age bracket...
    ha, a typical libertarian authoritarian methinks.

Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cigar's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,276x in 9,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cigar For This Useful Post:

Ravi (08-22-2013)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ha, a typical libertarian authoritarian methinks.

Nice oxymoron, marie.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GrassrootsConservative's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,273x in 3,200 Posts
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happy View Post
    Dude just shut up and take a Midol. Don't bring this inflammatory nonsense into a thread about a question on the rules. Why on earth you would think this is okay is beyond me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GrassrootsConservative For This Useful Post:

fyrenza (08-22-2013)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What's interesting in the face of some her trying to make this personal, in the OP when I use "we" I'm not using the royal we but referring to VIPs and Mods, chosen from members because of their many continued contributions to the forum, and who put the rules together as what best helps achieve the purpose of the forum.

In a way it all comes down to simple discourse ethics. When you post you're saying you have something to contribute and want enough respect to be heard and that you will reciprocate that respect. We will disagree on politics, religion, government, everything under the sun, even heatedly, but there's no reason, ethically, to be disagreeable. --If you're not here for these reasons, with that attitude, then perhaps you don't belong here.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-04-2013)

+ Reply to Thread