User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible Discussions.....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by MMC; 02-20-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All this talk of Brews is making me darn thirsty.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,470x in 36,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    The point is to have a discussion on the Bible and whatever that pertains to. Or wherever the discussion takes it. I can use older writings than this holy writing. So whats your point! That Christians don't agree on where their roots come from. Hmmmm sounds like the same deal with the Sunni and Shia.Can't ever seem to agree on anything when it comes to esoteric knowledge.
    What don't Christians agree on?

Again who gives a $#@! what Georgio has to say. People were questioning such long before the AAT's theory came along. There is another theory about Christianity that comes from Military Historians perspective and a Theory they have on what took place with Christianity after the death of Christ with James and whom the Church calls it's leader now. Paul! A much more plausible theory with the reality of the politics during that time.
    You do. Why else would you have made that comment about being in the image of God? Anyway, what "theory" is that?

That Christians dont take to the old testament and Genesis. Its not surprising at all. To take the parts one can identify with, and dismiss what they dont understand or cannot believe. Also when they never had the full story from the Brews in the first place. As a Christian I am sure you would be familiar with the writings on Adam and Eve which were also thought to have more detailed explanations of Genesis. Especially when their understanding comes thru a translator. Then thru another translation after that. Not like any meaning was lost.....huh?
    Much meaning has apparently been lost on you and I didn't say that Christians don't "take to the old testament and Genesis". I'm not even sure what that means.

Come again I think you need to re-check history. The Sumerians and the Egyptians would not have thought that Enoch was a King and recorded it down as such. If they were no longer in Existance. I throw in the Egyptians as they also have Enoch down as Such and it is in their heiroglyphs. Who also have recorded down what they know of the Sumerians.
    Um...MMC. Look up the Sumerians. They were long gone before the Hebrews appear in history circa 1200 BC. LONG GONE.

Then there were the teachings of Christ that were not even put in the Bible. Another note would be the division within the Brews Relgious Caste. Much was removed from the Works after Constantine and the early Church leaders purged the works.
    And...? Secondly how do you know these were teachings of Christ?

Again with older civilizations pre-dating anything before the Brews, leaves their understanding of things.....where?
    Again, I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. Please stop with the stream of consciousness writing Just try and express yourself clearly.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    wingrider's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 789x in 646 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    much to deep a discussion for me... I think I will just stick with Jesus and the fact he died to pay a debt I never would have been able to pay..

carry on
    The eastern world, it is exploding, violence flaring bullets loading. you are old enough to kill , but not for voting, this whole crazy world is just to frustrating, and you tell me over and over and over again my friend, you don't believe we are on the EVE of DESTRUCTION.

Never approach a bull from the front, A horse from behind, or a fool from any direction.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by MMC; 02-20-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by MMC; 02-20-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    What do you think that the Christian Bible written by man cannot be disputed? How's that for some clarity? That statements that were made have been proven false. Pretty clear there. You were the one that said Christians dont take Genesis literally. As I pointed out they do take what they deem beneficial to their belief literally. Yet most of them do not even know of the other Jewish books about such that the Brews Religious caste decided not to put into the Torah.

The reason I said Let US make them Into Our Image was over what Enoch stated about the names of whom he saw. Which has nothing to do with Georgio. Moreover you stated that God was Speaking to the Heavenly Council. Now why would the Creator of all living things need to speak to a heavenly council about what he creates?

With regard to Paul.....the theory is he was a Roman Spy! If correctly proven how would you think this affects Christianity after Christ?

Looking at Enoch and the timeline for the Brews I was just trying to establish the correlation between the Akkadian and Sumerians. Which plays out with what the Brews describe from the beginning and the Babylonians as well as Sumerians. Note it says Enoch lived 365 years. That he was 7th in line and considered like a Priest/King.

So I was looking at who the Brews took from after they entered the region. As just one aspect to discuss.

Enoch's Sumerian ancestors.....
    Within the antediluvian geneology lists of Genesis, one figure stands out. In the formulaic "Priestly" geneology, we read: "When Enoch was sixty-five years old he became father to Methuselah. Enoch walked with God. After the birth of Methuselah he lived for three hundred years and he became the father of sons and daughters. In all, Enoch lived for three hundred and sixty-five years. Enoch walked with God. Then he vanished because God took him" (Genesis 5:21-24). The Kenite "Yahwist" (J) geneology in ch. 4 also mentioned another Enoch: "Cain had intercourse with his wife, and she conceived and gave birth to Enoch. He became builder of a town, and it was given the name of name of Enoch" (Genesis 4:17). The enigmatic figure of Enoch in Genesis was elaborated considerably in later Jewish legend (especially in the first century B.C. apocalypse 1 Enoch), but the traditions contained therein are much older. For many years it has been recognized that the Enochian traditions are dependent on Sumerian and Akkadian legends.....snip~
    Sigh...

One thing at a time...

I didn't say the bible can't be "disputed". I'm just asking what your point is and telling you that you're not doing a good job of disputing the bible.

As I pointed out they do take what they deem beneficial to their belief literally.
    No, you didn't point that out. Please, focus now. Stop babbling. Sit down...

OK ready...

Now expound on that SINGLE point. Just that. Please don''t say anything else. Just explain that one point.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With regard to Paul.....the theory is he was a Roman Spy!
    Oh, is that why they executed Paul?

~Alain de Benoist

+ Reply to Thread