Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,104x in 10,786 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    Ah, no. You pointed out that he says stupid, controversial $#@! to get attention and ratings. That's exactly the problem most people (regardless of ideology) have with Glenn Beck, or Ann Coulter, Bill Maher would be included and probably even Michael Moore (although he doesn't say things quite this offensive). There are many more examples. I do not think any of them get a free pass except for with their very partisan followers who wouldn't constitute the majority of the left/right.
    So, this will be reported ala Rush Limbaugh calling some leftist hack a $#@!?

I think not.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quiz.

What is the name of the politician who described Barack Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign as a "black candidate who could be successful thanks in part to his “light-skinned appearance and speaking patterns with no $#@! dialect, unless he wanted to have one?"

Serious guesses only please.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,558x in 94,978 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Quiz.

What is the name of the politician who described Barack Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign as a "black candidate who could be successful thanks in part to his “light-skinned appearance and speaking patterns with no $#@! dialect, unless he wanted to have one?"

Serious guesses only please.
    Joe Biden.

Clinton said that back in his day as president Obama would be serving coffee.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Joe Biden.

Clinton said that back in his day as president Obama would be serving coffee.
    I remember Clinton saying that, the quote I provided is actually from our Majority Leader, Harry Reid. Who merely then had to apologize.....and it was barely reported.

An (R) would have been driven from office. A Boehner, McDonnell, imagine if a Sarah Palin had said that.....you'd have the Democrats so hysterical, they'd call for Palin to be imprisoned.

No one is going to hold Maher to account.....no one ever does. None of these Left leaning shock jocks are held accountable for what they say...or do. My favorite has always been David Letterman. My favorite hypocrite that is. Who comes out claiming he's being held for extortion because someone wants to reveal the fact that he's been sleeping with nearly every woman who has ever been on his staff.(no pun intended)

This behavior in any corporate world gets you fired....you cannot sleep with your subordinates, this is called sexual harrassment, even if the behavior is consensual....because the boss can influence the employee's job. This gets you immediate dismissal in most cases. It is certainly the hate for women we always hear about. It's clear David Letterman considers the women on his...staff....open season, he slept with numerous.

Who shows up on his show only months later.....while the Dems whine on about a Republican war on women......Michelle Obama herself. Letterman redeemed....kisses her arse for the 15mins she's on there.....and all is forgotten.....Dave now permitted to speak about how others treat women.....it's what you say, not what you actually do that counts today. And then if yer a big dem supporter...you can just about do anything you want...say anything you'd like to say.

It's a game that won't work for much longer but while their constituents are undereducated and naive.....I can't blame them for pulling wool over eyes. The sheep are just a fact of life, the Dems do a better job of herding those sheep.

How can Romo and Manning throw the ball all over the field yesterday.....we f'n struggle to throw for first downs. I'm getting tired of these two........great game yesterday.

Gotta love it.....baseball playoffs(Pitt/St Loius today), football going on, Nascar chase....this is a great time of year to be a sports spectator and it's certainly as much if not more entertaining than Washington DC. Smarter leadership in coaching than our White house too.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Mainecoons (10-07-2013),Peter1469 (10-07-2013)

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 1,332
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,406x in 14,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    I'm betting a WWII vet would like a War Memorial to be open 365 days a year. I'm Also betting a WWII vet needs a VA Hospital open 365 days a year.

Persetives count and are life saving when your Old.
    If the government has not spent the money to put the barricades up, it would be it is an open air memorial with not staffing!

leave the sidewalk open and we will be OK

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zelmo1234 For This Useful Post:

Mainecoons (10-07-2013)

+ Reply to Thread