Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,582x in 36,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Mr D testing uric acid once is meaningless, next week your uric acid level can go up and create the crystals that enflame your joints. How many times have you had the gout ? and just so you have something to look foward too it gets worse as you age. I didnt get my first gout attack until I was 56
    It was in the midst of an attack. The doc said I didn't meds. He also said the science is unclear. They really don't know what ultimately causes gout. I had it twice. About 4 years apart.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    It was in the midst of an attack. The doc said I didn't meds. He also said the science is unclear. They really don't know what ultimately causes gout. I had it twice. About 4 years apart.
    Umm I disagree with that dr, uric acid creates crystals that are sharp on all edges that lodge in your joints. It can be any joint, elbow, knee, feet, shoulder. Those razor like crystals create horrid pain as they do dmg to your joints. There is medicine to keep uric acid down Allopurinol and medicine to help dissapate the crystals once you have it. Colchinine. Theres another prevention medication I forget the name.

Both medicines have worked for me in the past. An orthopaedic dr told me the same thing when I went to him for knee pain and he read my xrays and said you have the gout. Since age 56 Ive gotten the gout 5 times and it SUCKS
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

+ Reply to Thread