Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,801x in 2,984 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
    I see. Well, if you think I'm close minded, then no point in any further discussion.
    Your choice. Just like it was your choice to post this:
    I'm not interested in being persuaded to another point of view.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,498
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Max Rockatansky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Codename Section View Post
    Lol, nope. My theory is that there are straights, gays, and pedophiles. I think pedos like children the way a straight guy likes women or a gay dude likes dudes and that it won't change--which is why I think once caught they should go to jail for life because it won't change.
    Your theory has the virtue of being backed by science:

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbo...lestation.html
    Another problem related to terminology arises because sexual abuse of male children by adult men2 is often referred to as "homosexual molestation." The adjective "homosexual" (or "heterosexual" when a man abuses a female child) refers to the victim's gender in relation to that of the perpetrator. Unfortunately, people sometimes mistakenly interpret it as referring to the perpetrator's sexual orientation.

As an expert panel of researchers convened by the National Academy of Sciences noted in a 1993 report: "The distinction between homosexual and heterosexual child molesters relies on the premise that male molesters of male victims are homosexual in orientation. Most molesters of boys do not report sexual interest in adult men, however" (National Research Council, 1993, p. 143, citation omitted).

To avoid this confusion, it is preferable to refer to men's sexual abuse of boys with the more accurate label of male-male molestation. Similarly, it is preferable to refer to men's abuse of girls as male-female molestation. These labels are more accurate because they describe the sex of the individuals involved but don't implicitly convey unwarranted assumptions about the perpetrator's sexual orientation.

The distinction between a victim's gender and a perpetrator's sexual orientation is important because many child molesters don't really have an adult sexual orientation. They have never developed the capacity for mature sexual relationships with other adults, either men or women. Instead, their sexual attractions focus on children – boys, girls, or children of both sexes.
    The link is long and detailed. It's a complex subject. For those seeking the truth, they will learn from it. Those who just want to pigeon-hole all homosexuals as perverts, they will not interested in being persuaded to another point of view.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,934x in 8,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha View Post
    No, that is not a form of Christianity. That is a group of sickos who grasp at straws to find reasons to hate. When you can show me where it says in the Gospels this is acceptable I'll concede its a form of Christianity.

Individuals should receive blame for what they individually did.

Nope. Not playing that game. Never dismissed it. I made an analogy. And the public schools DO have more incidents of pedophilia in them, and I wouldn't shut down public schools because of a few pedophiles nor would I blame the schools for not shutting down because of pedophiles.

JMO, you're angry and being mean. You've yet to hear my argument which is that individual people should accept blame for individual actions and that innocent people should not be punished along with them.
    Aly I admit that I am an ex-Catholic, but I won't go into the details as to why I left the church. Instead I will concentrate on the countless sexual abuse claims that I have seen in my work that have stemmed from the Catholic Church and in particular from the residential schools that they have operated. The Church's celibacy rules have been a mecca for pedophiles for many, many years and the level of physical ordinary abuse and sexual abuse would leave you sick to your stomach. And I have only seen a small percentage of the number of cases. While I don't blame the Church for being the only vector for sexual abuse, I do know for a fact that the residential school administration were always aware of the abuse, and when it became too difficult to conceal, they sent those priests on to other parishes, to again abuse children in a different school. It is absolutely disgusting how many times these predators were moved to different locations, where they simply took up where they left off. For forty or fifty years these vile people were transferred from parish to parish, when the community started asking too many questions. It's sad, but the Church was much more concerned with concealing the problem, than protecting children and they and their insurers have been and continue to pay dearly for that decision. However lest all the other religious communities, Boy Scouts and any other organization that had children in their custody should be feeling smug, they also attracted pedophiles and they too transferred people away to dispose of the problem in one location, just to foist the same pedophiles on new communities. The thing is that 30 or more years ago no one wanted to discuss these issues, never mind even recognize the kind of damage they were continuing to inflict. The chickens have now come home to roost, and all such organizations pay dearly for sexual abuse coverage, so in order to reduce their premiums, they no longer turn a blind eye to abuse. Believe me, reading the details of the abuse of these children leaves me sick to my stomach.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 664
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    sky dancer's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 85x in 67 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    Well I don't listen to lies and homosexuals molest children at a rate vastly higher than heterosexuals, the mainstream homosexual culture even commonly promotes sex with children. The fact are three-fourths of the people who decide the content of the front page of the New York Times are homosexual. So they only put out their opinions for their agenda. I don't play this game and know they are full of it.
    I see. A gay hater. Gotcha.

LGBT is about adult to adult relationships, not preying on children.
    Last edited by sky dancer; 12-18-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see. A gay hater. Gotcha.

LGBT is about adult to adult relationships, not preying on children.
    Yes you call it what you want. I call it the truth.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 85x in 67 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    Yes you call it what you want. I call it the truth.
    Truth? Truth is you have a $#@!ed up attitude toward gay people. We are NOT pedophiles.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,498
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialOverdrive25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Max Rockatansky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth? Truth is you have a $#@!ed up attitude toward gay people. We are NOT pedophiles.
    Obviously not as many people on this thread attest.

I find it interesting that you seem to focus on the gay bashers/homophobes (the negative) rather than those who see a person's sexual preference as being a persona matter and irrelevant to other issues (the positive). Why?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 85x in 67 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
    Obviously not as many people on this thread attest.

I find it interesting that you seem to focus on the gay bashers/homophobes (the negative) rather than those who see a person's sexual preference as being a persona matter and irrelevant to other issues (the positive). Why?
    Good point. You admit your attitude toward gays is negative and scold me for responding to you. I'll take more care to not read or respond to your posts in the future.

+ Reply to Thread