User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why the EU Will Fail

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why the EU Will Fail

The authors call this Punk Economics: Lesson 2, but it's more Financial Markets: Lesson 2. Keep in mind as you watch that the EU is what supports all this, it would not be possible with out the EU.
    Last edited by Chris; 03-05-2012 at 10:36 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Conley (03-06-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What happened to Episode 1? I'll check these out in the AM.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good let the EU fail.....I don't know how Chris can listen to each of their different economists over there. I have listened to them for 2 years and all it does is get me irked. None of them have been right about to much and only after the fact of Austerity Measures taking place. Do they even come close to gettting anything right. Course then all their speculation on whats going to go down here with the US.

Apparently now they feel they have weathered the worst of things and that they are only going to be in a mild recession. That these measures and financial plans are still being set with the what some might say favorable optimism. That they believe they will achieve the more favorable oppourtunities they believe is coming their way.

Are these nothing more than false hopes?

I have a question.....how is it we suffer if the European's Economies Fail? Doesn't this just open up more availability for our Buisness sector to grow and take over those markes that the EU can no longer manage or hold.

If we are following Capitalism Ideaology.....wouldn't or Shouldn't we be trying to put them out of buisness as a competitor?

Today The Greek Financial Minister stated there would be no 3rd bailout for Greece. But that if they do, their Eurpoean Counter-parts will back Greece. Then Warned the EU that they need to take this offer Greece is presenting. As if their Bond Holders can reject anything that the EU, IMF, and ECB are telling them.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conley View Post
    What happened to Episode 1? I'll check these out in the AM.
    Had trouble with posting it. I wanted to provide just a link but editor kept changing it to a video. Here, I'll try again...

JUst a link, but shows as video, oh well.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Good let the EU fail.....I don't know how Chris can listen to each of their different economists over there. I have listened to them for 2 years and all it does is get me irked. None of them have been right about to much and only after the fact of Austerity Measures taking place. Do they even come close to gettting anything right. Course then all their speculation on whats going to go down here with the US.

Apparently now they feel they have weathered the worst of things and that they are only going to be in a mild recession. That these measures and financial plans are still being set with the what some might say favorable optimism. That they believe they will achieve the more favorable oppourtunities they believe is coming their way.

Are these nothing more than false hopes?

I have a question.....how is it we suffer if the European's Economies Fail? Doesn't this just open up more availability for our Buisness sector to grow and take over those markes that the EU can no longer manage or hold.

If we are following Capitalism Ideaology.....wouldn't or Shouldn't we be trying to put them out of buisness as a competitor?

Today The Greek Financial Minister stated there would be no 3rd bailout for Greece. But that if they do, their Eurpoean Counter-parts will back Greece. Then Warned the EU that they need to take this offer Greece is presenting. As if their Bond Holders can reject anything that the EU, IMF, and ECB are telling them.
    I don't consider them economists, but government bureaucrats and technocrats, inventing schemes like cash for trash to hold up liberal fascism/crony capitalism.

It affects us because economics is global. Nations don't trade, people do.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

MMC (03-06-2012)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I don't consider them economists, but government bureaucrats and technocrats, inventing schemes like cash for trash to hold up liberal fascism/crony capitalism.

It affects us because economics is global. Nations don't trade, people do.
    Yes but to really be global does not all have to be involved? What, isn't like only 70 nations out of 193 that are taking part?
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe not sure what you're getting at, MMC, but we trade with Europe, they likely invest in our own debt, etc, so what happens there will have an affect.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Maybe not sure what you're getting at, MMC, but we trade with Europe, they likely invest in our own debt, etc, so what happens there will have an affect.
    I was going with the capitalistic model that we gobble them up and take over all they had. With us replacing them within the niche. What would it matter if they were no longer a part of it.

Also that with what they now consider to be the global economy. That all are not participating so therefore, the terminology of such is not true. Or how can their model reflect such missing half the planet that is not contributing?

Don't you think our Pols have moved within the realm of the technocrats as well?

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good video.

"When something can't go on forever, it will stop"

Greece having to borrow 10% just to keep going while its economy shrinks quarter after quarter is just postponing the inevitable IMO.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    MMC "I was going with the capitalistic model that we gobble them up and take over all they had."

Hmm, I don't really consider that capitalism. Capitalism, or better free markets, emerges from competition and cooperation. I can't get what I want unless I exchange with others for what they want.

+ Reply to Thread