User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coke, Pepsi Make Changes To Avoid Cancer Warning.....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    A few beers a day, however, is better than a few sodas a day, IMO.
    I think you're right about that.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,474x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That reminds me. I need to pick up a mixing scotch.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    ramone's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 181x in 163 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conley View Post
    Not much moderation there. Hmm. Which would put you in a grave fastest? I hate to say it but I think a case of beer > a case of soda > a case of diet soda / day. Maybe that's just me being a sheeple.
    Hell, I'm still alive and I've ingested much worse in my life. I stick to the whiskey now days however.

I drank a case of beer every day for years and I'm over 50. Had a good life and if I die tomorrow I can't say I was cheated on anything.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,769
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    That reminds me. I need to pick up a mixing scotch.
    Yes, please don't mix anything in with really good 15 year old single malt. Enjoy that on the rocks or neat with a good stogie!

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Stoney's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 135x in 104 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember as a kid being told that Coke would rust your stomach.

Eat and drink what you want in moderation. Tomorrow Coke will be okay and something else will be bad.
    "If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner."

"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out... without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable."

H. L. Mencken

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,769
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. The leftist $#@!s want to tell you what to do with your body, the neocon $#@!s like Santorum want to dictate to you their view of morality. Screw them both.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    I poured concrete for 10 years, we drank a case of beer every day, Each. I put a beer holder on the trowel machine and would have the laborer's bring me a beer while finishing. Now I drink straight whiskey, never drink soda and not much water. My old buddy says "Water, that's what you wash your feet in". LOL
    I to was in the same field. Concrete! I worked for a General Contractor. He handled bringing City Water to the suburbs and when he was running big they use to do all the Bridgework in Chicago. Until the partners split up. Although, this was not what he hired me for Initially.

Once they split he handled building pumping stations and well houses out in the farther suburbs of Chicago. lift stations too and we did work running water lines out at Silver Springs State Park. He did work in Indiana as well all Chicagoland Area. Originally I was hired as a painter Indoor and Outdoor. Plus I had to paint to whatever city code had going for waterlines and gas lines etc etc. After about 6 months he then asked if I wanted to make some more money. Which I said yeah. I was like making 15 dollars an hour back then. So I was like hell yeah. He was a Union Company too. But he had made a small holding company which was not union. So I started laboring for him. So I built forms, laid iron, did all the bending of rebar, and of course shoveled the $#@!. Learned how to put in sidewalks, make pads that some see generators sitting on outside along highways and in shopping malls parking lots.

Course coming into the field I was low man on the totem-pole. For like 10months I had to play gopher for those Union Guys. As they had to take breaks and lunch etc etc. Myself, I was the type that like to get the job done and not be dicking around. Plus all of them be checking one out when one first starts to see if they know what they are doing or some type of screw up that wont be lasting long. I be working and almost done with my $#@! and would be like hey I am out..... laters. Which I could get away with if I was like painting during the winter. Come construction-time, and digging-time. Not ever.

Then these guys no matter what you was doing. 9-9:30am Union break. Yo, MMC go get coffee and some donuts or danishes. MMC<<<<<alright, hold on I am almost done with this $#@! over here give me about 10 mins. Union Guys, ahhh $#@! that $#@!.....go and get some coffee and those donuts. MMC<<<<I said hold on I Ill get it. Union guys, walk over start handing me their money, yeah and grab me this and get that. Hurry up......concrete will be coming. Cuz once the ice cream arrives there is no dicking around. once they are done pouring thats when the Foreman and the carpenters could chill out if they didnt have anything else going. Which most of the time they dont. General shows up and all are there kicking it. Sometimes drinking beers if the General was cool with it. With him drinking too. End of the day type $#@!.

We get to kickback and chill when the finisher arrives. They tried to get me into that as I was a light guy and not somebody heavy. I didnt want to do it it all. Get out there on those foam pads and the troughs. Some of these sites were huge and let me tell you, one best not screw up on the concrete. Cuz aint much one can do once the $#@! hardens. Not to mention having the boss all up into your azz or some BA.

2 of the 3 years I worked for him we were able to work in the winter. As we would get buildings up and then save floors and concrete foundations for the winter and pour indoors. I hated that $#@!. Wheelbarrow time.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But to this day.....I miss that job and those people. All good guys. Hard working and for everything they got. not to mention when the work is done. Something was made. Something was left behind. Something all can look back on and see the work of their efforts. The job was great 6am to 2:30 pm and your 8 was in anything after was overtime. Most of the time except summer with big jobs, off for Sat and Sun. Home by no later than 6pm during the week. Slow Time Home by 4-4:40pm. The good Ole days.

Most being contractors they get in and get their work done. But all were Union. Electricans, plumbers, and heavy Equipment operators. I tell you once we had got some new kid that was an apprentice carpenter and a couple kid laborers. I was tired of that running $#@!. Because it was for anything and any of the guys who all knew each other and their familes.

I was like yeah, my turn to send somebody for some $#@!.

Oh and like I said thats when I was pretty much done with Coke or pop. Wish I could say the same for coffee. One other thing, after being out of the field for several years I was successfully able to revert back to holding conversations without saying the F-Word 15 times in a paragraph and drop most of the profanity.
    Last edited by MMC; 03-11-2012 at 06:38 AM.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Conley (03-11-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awesome stories.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Conley For This Useful Post:

MMC (03-11-2012)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conley View Post
    Awesome stories.
    Yeah I thought Ramone might be able to identify. Cuz don't let him fool ya. When he first started out.....GOPHER! Aint that right Ramone?!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

ramone (03-11-2012)

+ Reply to Thread