Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You call all over the country or just MN?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkloaf View Post
    I hear so much complaining and rehearsed excuses at my job all day it makes me sick. Initially I thought I'd have to eat some crow and realize that most are liberals...but I was surprised at how many people blame Obama for their bad debts.

Debtor: "I would have been able to keep paying this bill it if it wasn't for this bonehead president of ours."

Me: "You stopped paying this account in 2006, ma'am."

Debtor: "...Well, I can't pay it, so tell them to bail me out." *click*

Me thinking to myself: How can you afford your phone?

It doesn't really matter who the President is, or which party he's from, some people will blame that guy for their problems. It's part of a larger overall problem with taking responsibility, which also manifests itself in creating debt that can't be paid off.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    spunkloaf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 807x in 609 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    You call all over the country or just MN?
    All over, and rarely but including territories. I need to follow the universal FDCPA for all calls, and depending on which 50+ states I'm calling I need to follow their specific debt collection laws as well. It makes my head spin. You'd be surprised how padded people are from facing any actual consequences for not paying their debts. Our entire system of unsecured credit is backed merely by the consumer's word that they will honor the contract they agree too. Sure the owner of the debt can sue the debtor, but if the debtor is 85 years old living in an apartment on social security with no assets then they have nothing to sue for. And, trust me. 95% of these kinds of debtors KNOW this. They answer their phone just to tell me this and waste my time. They love it.

If you ask me, there should be a revision in the laws to allow ANYBODY'S income --gainfully earned or government-provided-- to be garnished for the purpose of paying their bad debts which are not voluntarily paid. No more of this "open a $2000 credit limit, max it out, make three minimum payments and forget the rest because my disability income is protected" bull$#@!. Such laws would stop the crippling of our financial system reeeeeeeal quick-like. It would probably bring interest rates down quite a bit, too.

But NOOOOOO. This is America. People should not be burdened with the task of holding themselves accountable. They must be protected from the agonies of responsibility. It's the creditor's fault for trusting them in the first place, and any attempt to ask the debtor to do the right thing is HARASSMENT.
    Faith can move mountains, but don't forget to bring your shovel.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I don't understand how people would want to be in debt for anything and to anybody.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkloaf View Post
    All over, and rarely but including territories. I need to follow the universal FDCPA for all calls, and depending on which 50+ states I'm calling I need to follow their specific debt collection laws as well. It makes my head spin. You'd be surprised how padded people are from facing any actual consequences for not paying their debts. Our entire system of unsecured credit is backed merely by the consumer's word that they will honor the contract they agree too. Sure the owner of the debt can sue the debtor, but if the debtor is 85 years old living in an apartment on social security with no assets then they have nothing to sue for. And, trust me. 95% of these kinds of debtors KNOW this. They answer their phone just to tell me this and waste my time. They love it.

If you ask me, there should be a revision in the laws to allow ANYBODY'S income --gainfully earned or government-provided-- to be garnished for the purpose of paying their bad debts which are not voluntarily paid. No more of this "open a $2000 credit limit, max it out, make three minimum payments and forget the rest because my disability income is protected" bull$#@!. Such laws would stop the crippling of our financial system reeeeeeeal quick-like. It would probably bring interest rates down quite a bit, too.

But NOOOOOO. This is America. People should not be burdened with the task of holding themselves accountable. They must be protected from the agonies of responsibility. It's the creditor's fault for trusting them in the first place, and any attempt to ask the debtor to do the right thing is HARASSMENT.
    You can't squeeze blood from a turnip they say. I get plenty of creditor garnishments here. I love when people call wanting to know what the deduction was for.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    dattaswami's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    You are speaking from the mind and of logic, that which is of the mental as there is no other way in this physical realm. In the beginning there was light, the spark.....then the sound. Some call it the Bani, the Music, The Word.

Ameshspenta the 6 ways or rays of light from the Divine, that the Supreme Sugmad has to make Itself known to man. Asa-Vahista, Vohu-Mano, Khashathra-Vairya, Spenta-Armaiti, Haurvata and Amere-Tatat
    Creation Sequence

The first creation that came from God is space or inert energy. Akasa (space) and Tejas (inert energy) are one and the same because space is a form of inert energy only. Matter, work, light, heat, sound, electricity, magnetism and awareness are also other forms of inert energy. Our imagination cannot cross the limits of space. The link or process of production between God and space is also unimaginable like God. This link is beyond space and God is beyond this link. The space is called as Mahat. The link is called as Avyaktam which means unimaginable. The Parabrahman is mentioned as purusha. The Veda says that Avyaktam is beyond space and purusha is beyond Avyaktam (Mahatah paramavyaktam avyaktat purushah parah).

God is first. Space is second. Air is third. We can explain the generation of third from second, but not the second from first. Second and third are imaginable items. Space or energy became air. Air means atoms. This is energy condensing into matter. This process of condensation is explicable and debatable. This process is parinama or vivarta. If matter is different from energy only by quantitative way it is vivarta like water condensed to ice. Vivarta brings only physical difference. The parinama is qualitative difference like milk becoming curd. Before the creation of matter, only energy exists. If energy is condensed, it should be vivarta process only, which is physical. But if all the mater is energy only, how the qualitative difference came between items of matter? There cannot be qualitative difference between blocks of ice having various sizes. One block of ice may be more concentrated (or condensed) but it cannot bring a qualitative difference. But the qualitative difference between the milk and curd is practically experienced in the world. Milk and curd are also condensed products of same energy and may have quantitative difference. Thus this point of contradiction brings the unimaginability, which is the characteristic of God. Therefore, the presence of the unimaginable power of God (Maya) is everywhere in the world. The Gita says that this Prakruti is also Maya (Mayam tu prakrutim). Thus the entire world is affected by the hidden power of God (Maya), which is known by deep analysis.

When the energy and work are essentially same, the different quantities of energy-drops (electrons) giving rise to different properties mean different works of God giving rise to different properties. Here the wonder is that the working material and work are one and the same in essence. Therefore, the unimaginable God does wonderful works and His work it self is the working material. The work is power of God, which it self is the working material. All this creation is work without any separate working material because the working material itself is a form of work. According to science also, any material (matter) is a form of energy and work is also a form of the same energy. Thus, this wonder exists in science, which says that matter is a condensed form energy. For the process of condensation, space is required and the space should be different from energy for the process of condensation to take place. But space is a form of energy as per the special theory of relativity.

In such case, how the energy is condensed? Because, space is also energy. This is another wonder. Like this, when this nature (Prakruti) is analyzed, it is a wonder (Maya) only as said in Gita (Mayam tu..). Thus, Maya becomes the inner substratum of the world. God is the substratum of Maya (Mayinam tu…Gita). Thus, God is the final substratum of this world. The generation of matter on condensation of energy and the transformation of matter in to energy by dilution are wonders in the context of space being the energy. Thus, the generation, maintenance on substratum and dissolution are works of Maya, which mean wonders of God. Such wonder is for souls only and is well known to God and therefore it is not a wonder to God. Thus, Maya is a logic or science for God, just like the nature is a logical science to the souls. It is only higher logic or super science of God which is above the level of souls.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    spunkloaf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 807x in 609 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    You can't squeeze blood from a turnip they say. I get plenty of creditor garnishments here. I love when people call wanting to know what the deduction was for.
    Yes. They certainly do say. I'm supposed to think it's cute, or something. That, or water from a stone.

There's a reason we have a thing called bankruptcy. Or caller id. See an unknown number calling? Owe bills? It's not Ed $#@!ing McMahon calling your phone, people. If you aren't going to pay debts, for God's sake don't pick up the phone and whine to me about it. It's not like I'm gonna tell you it's ok to be a deadbeat.

What really pisses me off are the people who have every ability to pay, but don't. Then there are others, like the woman I called today who was whispering to me on the phone because she was afraid her abusive husband would hear her. She has breast cancer, $60k in medical bills, and is denied social security. She's paying $10/week. God bless her.
    Faith can move mountains, but don't forget to bring your shovel.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dattaswami View Post
    Creation Sequence

The first creation that came from God is space or inert energy. Akasa (space) and Tejas (inert energy) are one and the same because space is a form of inert energy only. Matter, work, light, heat, sound, electricity, magnetism and awareness are also other forms of inert energy. Our imagination cannot cross the limits of space. The link or process of production between God and space is also unimaginable like God. This link is beyond space and God is beyond this link. The space is called as Mahat. The link is called as Avyaktam which means unimaginable. The Parabrahman is mentioned as purusha. The Veda says that Avyaktam is beyond space and purusha is beyond Avyaktam (Mahatah paramavyaktam avyaktat purushah parah).

God is first. Space is second. Air is third. We can explain the generation of third from second, but not the second from first. Second and third are imaginable items. Space or energy became air. Air means atoms. This is energy condensing into matter. This process of condensation is explicable and debatable. This process is parinama or vivarta. If matter is different from energy only by quantitative way it is vivarta like water condensed to ice. Vivarta brings only physical difference. The parinama is qualitative difference like milk becoming curd. Before the creation of matter, only energy exists. If energy is condensed, it should be vivarta process only, which is physical. But if all the mater is energy only, how the qualitative difference came between items of matter? There cannot be qualitative difference between blocks of ice having various sizes. One block of ice may be more concentrated (or condensed) but it cannot bring a qualitative difference. But the qualitative difference between the milk and curd is practically experienced in the world. Milk and curd are also condensed products of same energy and may have quantitative difference. Thus this point of contradiction brings the unimaginability, which is the characteristic of God. Therefore, the presence of the unimaginable power of God (Maya) is everywhere in the world. The Gita says that this Prakruti is also Maya (Mayam tu prakrutim). Thus the entire world is affected by the hidden power of God (Maya), which is known by deep analysis.

When the energy and work are essentially same, the different quantities of energy-drops (electrons) giving rise to different properties mean different works of God giving rise to different properties. Here the wonder is that the working material and work are one and the same in essence. Therefore, the unimaginable God does wonderful works and His work it self is the working material. The work is power of God, which it self is the working material. All this creation is work without any separate working material because the working material itself is a form of work. According to science also, any material (matter) is a form of energy and work is also a form of the same energy. Thus, this wonder exists in science, which says that matter is a condensed form energy. For the process of condensation, space is required and the space should be different from energy for the process of condensation to take place. But space is a form of energy as per the special theory of relativity.

In such case, how the energy is condensed? Because, space is also energy. This is another wonder. Like this, when this nature (Prakruti) is analyzed, it is a wonder (Maya) only as said in Gita (Mayam tu..). Thus, Maya becomes the inner substratum of the world. God is the substratum of Maya (Mayinam tu…Gita). Thus, God is the final substratum of this world. The generation of matter on condensation of energy and the transformation of matter in to energy by dilution are wonders in the context of space being the energy. Thus, the generation, maintenance on substratum and dissolution are works of Maya, which mean wonders of God. Such wonder is for souls only and is well known to God and therefore it is not a wonder to God. Thus, Maya is a logic or science for God, just like the nature is a logical science to the souls. It is only higher logic or super science of God which is above the level of souls.
    Mahat was not the space.....it is thought; the first changed form of the nature elements: matter, space, time, and twenty two other parts of the universal mind force. Akasa/Akasha is the sound.

Misrepresentation has always been one of the problems.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread