Heyduke's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 574x in 403 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a homebirth, so there was no nurse to automatically come in, scoop up your infant and give them an 8-in-1 jab full of mercury. We went in later to the clinic and got the truly life-threatening ones taken care of (meningitus, for example), over the course of a few weeks. At that time, the only statistical chance to get polio was from the shot itself, so we skipped it. If she travels to India, I'll recfommend it, but that's up to her now.

We didn't get the chicken pox jab, so she got the chicken pox a few years ago. No biggy. We all had it. But, you would have thought that we had the black plague at our house by the reaction of the school district and health department.
    Time will tell whether the shot or the natural strains of chicken pox lead to more incidences of adult shingles.

I'm not that old, but as a child I had many fewer vaccinations than today's kids. If you include flu shots (absolutely ridiculous), a kid could easily be having 30 vaccinations by the time they are done with HS.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 872
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Heyduke's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 574x in 403 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We didn't do the pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine on our kid. The vast majority of babies that die from it are under 3 months of age, before the shot even becomes effective. My Mom had it as a kid and has no adult complications from it.

You can find a study to confirm whatever your beliefs are. It stands to reason, from where I'm sitting, that you aren't going to get an unbiased study funded by the AMA, or any entrenched medical association.

They changed the pertussis vaccine in the 1990s because it was making kids sick. Now we find out that the vaccine (while it can offer some protection from the illness) doesn't prevent you from being a carrier and a spreader of the disease.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cold-f...ss-f2D11655363

I find it interesting in the aftermath of a breakout that the papers rarely report the percentage of infected kids that were partially or fully vaccinated. When they do give that number, you find out that a tiny minority of the sick kids were completely unvaccinated.

A doctor comes on your regular news program and says that everyone needs a flu shot, and then they throw out some ridiculous number (like it'll be be 94% effective, or something). Then you see 3 Big Pharma commercials in a row. And after the flu season, you find out that the projected numbers were way off, even the ones that the CDC admits to. Whatever, I don't get the flu. My kid doesn't get the flu anymore, and neither one of us really needs a bloodstream full of preservatives. Some of those vaccines actually weaken you.
    pertussis: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20200027
    flu: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...u-illness.aspx

You've got two strategies in life. You can try to build natural defenses, or you can run to medicine. I've taken the former path. You who have leaned since childhood so heavily on medicines, drugs, body-part replacements, anti-biotics and pain killers cannot go back now. It doesn't work that way. You are stuck in that paradigm. That would be like taking an Ortho-treated greenhouse plant outside and expecting it to survive in the elements.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyduke For This Useful Post:

Guerilla (03-30-2014),Peter1469 (03-30-2014)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Guerilla's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,160x in 737 Posts
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not against the idea of inoculations. It has proven quite effective in the past. I heard of it being used in the american Revolution, for small pox, and it was quite effective. They took the virus from infected sores, apparently it's pretty weakened in the pus. I think it was the Chinese who first used inoculations.

But the vaccines we use today have a bunch of $#@! in them. I don't know why anyone would think such a concoction of preservatives, toxins, virus, and metals, mixed together and injected directly into the blood stream would be ok. Then people want to put these in newborn babies, literally dozens of shots in a short period of time.

People always make the "anti-vaxers" sound crazy, but we also need to take a look at the "pro-vaxers" who push so many vaccines on ignorant people and fear-monger them into every flu and diarrhea shot. I've personally heard a lot of stories about people who say their baby got their shot and then slept for 3 days straight. Didn't eat or move around, just slept, obviously something going on. I've heard of kids having seizures, I had some seizures from shots when I was 1. My brother is mentally retarded from shots when he was six months. Then some kids get every shot and are (at least seemingly) completely fine.

People are much different, I don't think shots are as safe as they say, at least not for everyone.
    "I do not think the measure of a civilization is how tall it's buildings of concrete are, but rather how well it's people have learned to relate to their environment and fellow man." - Chippewa

"They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds." Mexican Proverb

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guerilla For This Useful Post:

lynn (03-30-2014),Peter1469 (03-30-2014)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,568x in 94,410 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought that I would post the US immunization schedules.

You can get to schedules for various age groups from that link. There are a lot of vaccines but there is some room to spread them out built in.

There is also a separate section for health care providers.

Here is the schedule for Canada. With just a quick glance it looks like the US has more requirements.
    Last edited by Peter1469; 04-03-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,135
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    junie's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 828x in 666 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Parents, You Are Being Lied To

Posted: 04/08/2014

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennif...b_5112620.html

In light of recent outbreaks of measles and other vaccine preventable illnesses, and the refusal of anti-vaccination advocates to acknowledge the problem, I thought it was past time for this post.

Dear parents,

You are being lied to. The people who claim to be acting in the best interests of your children are putting their health and even lives at risk.

They say that measles isn't a deadly disease.
    But It is.

They say that chickenpox isn't that big of a deal.
    But It can be.

They say that the flu isn't dangerous.
    But It is.

They say that whooping cough isn't so bad for kids to get.
    But It is.

They say that vaccines aren't that effective at preventing disease.
    But 3 million children's lives are saved every year by vaccination, and 2 million die every year from vaccine-preventable illnesses.

They say that "natural infection" is better than vaccination.
    But they're wrong.

They say that vaccines haven't been rigorously tested for safety.
    But vaccines are subjected to a higher level of scrutiny than any other medicine. For example, this study tested the safety and effectiveness of the pneumococcal vaccine in more than 37,868 children.

They will say that doctors won't admit there are any side effects to vaccines.
    But the side effects are well known, and except in very rare cases quite mild.

They say that the MMR vaccine causes autism.
    It doesn't. (The question of whether vaccines cause autism has been investigated in study after study, and they all show overwhelming evidence that they don't.)

They say that thimerosal in vaccines causes autism.
    It doesn't, and it hasn't been in most vaccines since 2001 anyway.

They say that the aluminum in vaccines (an adjuvant, or component of the vaccine designed to enhance the body's immune response) is harmful to children.
    But children consume more aluminum in natural breast milk than they do in vaccines, and far higher levels of aluminum are needed to cause harm.

They say that the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (and/or the "vaccine court") proves that vaccines are harmful.
    It doesn't.

They say that the normal vaccine schedule is too difficult for a child's immune system to cope with.
    It isn't.

They say that if other people's children are vaccinated, there's no need for their children to get vaccinated.

This is one of the most despicable arguments I've ever heard. First of all, vaccines aren't always 100 percent effective, so it is possible for a vaccinated child to still become infected if exposed to a disease. Worse, there are some people who can't receive vaccinations, because they are immune deficient, or because they are allergic to some component. Those people depend upon herd immunity to protect them. People who choose not to vaccinate their children against infectious diseases are putting not only their own children at risk, but also other people's children.
    They say that 'natural', 'alternative' remedies are better than science-based medicine. They aren't.

The truth is that vaccines are one of our greatest public health achievements, and one of the most important things you can do to protect your child.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to junie For This Useful Post:

Ravi (04-10-2014)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm in the medical profession (indirectly) and I refuse vaccinations.

I have... "lively" debates about this with our infection control person also, she has little ground to stand on.
    my junk is ugly

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (04-10-2014)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    I'm in the medical profession (indirectly) and I refuse vaccinations.

I have... "lively" debates about this with our infection control person also, she has little ground to stand on.
    At this point in your life which vaccinations do you really need? You were likely vaccinated for the important things (MMR/small pox) when you were growing up.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    At this point in your life which vaccinations do you really need? You were likely vaccinated for the important things (MMR/small pox) when you were growing up.
    Hepatitis, flu, couple other things.
    my junk is ugly

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Hepatitis, flu, couple other things.
    You're not going to start an epidemic by skipping hep and flu vaccines.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just don't want them. I never took medicines, vaccines and I don't want to start now. I rarely get sick, I'm happy that way.

My infection control person, after I refused a flu shot gave me a form and asked me to sign it. It basically said "I understand that I am putting other peoples lives in danger by refusing this vaccine and I might cause unnecessary illness and even death..."

I give that form back to her and basically told her to shove it up her ass. In fact, I made them stop asking people to sign that form and create a form that simply says "I do not wish to have a flu shot".

Rank thing. I only pull it when absolutely necessary.
    my junk is ugly

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (04-10-2014)

+ Reply to Thread