Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 155x in 115 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Sorry Dsolo.....I wasn't including you in that bunch. As you have shown you are able to provide some intelligence and some facts as to what you discuss.
    MMC, I appreciate the respect, and agree with you ideally it should be given and gotten by all.

I'm too old to think the world has any obligation to conform to my expectations. But it is not pie in the sky to think that this small, and intelligent group of people here - all of us - can muster enough sense to escape the trap of "argument" by label.

I've been as guilty of it as anyone, and have seen the results. We, friends who now descend on you en masse, have posted together for years, are escaping from a board where argument by label is truly the only thing left.

Here is my modest proposal: When any of us falls into the lazy man's habit - left, right, center, outer space - we call it, and move on. We can surely do better here than our $#@!s in Washington who profit by dividing the People against itself.

Yes I respect the Constitution. Not azzholes.
    I trust this is a universally true statement. If you ask any of my friends if they respect what enumerated powers in a Constitution means, you will find they all do. If there is disagreement that is certainly not it.

Surely, the scope of those enumerated powers is subject to good faith dispute, and that frankly is the discussion we never see played out nationally because we are too busy dismissing each other as "conservative" and "liberal."

But are you looking to come to another's aid? Seems you are about treating people with respect. So you will fit in nicely.
    Why shouldn't we all come to each other's aid? For a change, it would be nice to see a group of Americans come together as Americans to discuss the very serious problems we all face.

When we got attacked on 911, United we Stand was a motto that everybody understood. Is it any less true when the division is being sown from within?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsolo802 For This Useful Post:

2Ts (03-31-2012),MMC (03-31-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolo802 View Post
    MMC, I appreciate the respect, and agree with you ideally it should be given and gotten by all.

I'm too old to think the world has any obligation to conform to my expectations. But it is not pie in the sky to think that this small, and intelligent group of people here - all of us - can muster enough sense to escape the trap of "argument" by label.

I've been as guilty of it as anyone, and have seen the results. We, friends who now descend on you en masse, have posted together for years, are escaping from a board where argument by label is truly the only thing left.

Here is my modest proposal: When any of us falls into the lazy man's habit - left, right, center, outer space - we call it, and move on. We can surely do better here than our $#@!s in Washington who profit by dividing the People against itself.

I trust this is a universally true statement. If you ask any of my friends if they respect what enumerated powers in a Constitution means, you will find they all do. If there is disagreement that is certainly not it.

Surely, the scope of those enumerated powers is subject to good faith dispute, and that frankly is the discussion we never see played out nationally because we are too busy dismissing each other as "conservative" and "liberal."

Why shouldn't we all come to each other's aid? For a change, it would be nice to see a group of Americans come together as Americans to discuss the very serious problems we all face.

When we got attacked on 911, United we Stand was a motto that everybody understood. Is it any less true when the division is being sown from within?
    Nice post Dsolo.....there is wisdom in your words. Such is the same here with some of us too. In that we are friends. So all of that applies with respect to the members here that you and your friends encountered. So all that mockery and baiting bs only causes more division. Those that are like you and seeking solutions to answers don't fall right off into conflict and look to insult others intelligence. Nor look to be putting people down.

Yes I lean right.....but all here will tell you I am no conservative. I am a True Republican and that Model is based off Washington, Lincoln, T. Rooselevelt, and Eisenhower. Which means I stand for the Republic. Also, That equal availbility of oppoutunity for each and every individual and their choice they make. I have gone after the right just as much and if not am a harsher critic of those that derailed the GOP. As I am older as well I may have shifted more to a libertarian stance on some issues. Yet I also come from the streets and am a survivor. So there won't be any brow beating or intimidation. What they calling on the Streets as testing a G.

Why would one have to come to another's aid if whoever is here is not the enemy of another?

I also have built up two other sites and watch them split apart all due to that click $#@!. It ain't happening here or this time!
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    2Ts's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21x in 14 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Where have we given the federal government the power to mandate insurance of any type.

States have the organic authority to legislate any matter that affects "life, health, and safety" issues. That includes insurance. The federal government has never been given such power.
    who operates OSHA?

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,583x in 94,415 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Ts View Post
    who operates OSHA?
    The federal government.

Now point to the enumerated power in the Constitution that authorizes it.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,474x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dadakarma View Post
    I really don't give a $#@! how you choose to interpret what I wrote. Your 'soft bigotry' nonsense came from the Bush camp. Readers can digest that one any way they want.
    So it was ad hom like Peter said it was. Thanks for admitting it even if you did so unwittingly.

Edit: it's not about being polite. It's about being rational.
    Last edited by Mister D; 03-31-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    dsolo802's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 155x in 115 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Nice post Dsolo.....there is wisdom in your words. Such is the same here with some of us too. In that we are friends. So all of that applies with respect to the members here that you and your friends encountered. So all that mockery and baiting bs only causes more division.

Those that are like you and seeking solutions to answers don't fall right off into conflict and look to insult others intelligence. Nor look to be putting people down.
    Thank you for your gracious words, MMC. That perhaps the majority of the people here are right leaning, and wanting good conversation is the attraction of this place. I know that for a fact because that is exactly how Dadakarma and I have put it to the people we've invited. It seems it's going to take a little while for people to get used to each other. But I am certain, if we let the dust and suspicions settle we are going to find a good way with each other.

Yes I lean right.....but all here will tell you I am no conservative. I am a True Republican and that Model is based off Washington, Lincoln, T. Rooselevelt, and Eisenhower.
    Well that description will make a lot of people happy. We've been wondering where the true Republicans had gone. From my standpoint, that conservative impulse which I don't find expressed in so-called neo-con politics today is sorely missing and missed.

Which means I stand for the Republic. Also, That equal availbility of oppoutunity for each and every individual and their choice they make. I have gone after the right just as much and if not am a harsher critic of those that derailed the GOP. As I am older as well I may have shifted more to a libertarian stance on some issues. Yet I also come from the streets and am a survivor. So there won't be any brow beating or intimidation. What they calling on the Streets as testing a G.
    Good stuff - all of it.

Why would one have to come to another's aid if whoever is here is not the enemy of another?
    Amen to that. I think what we know in our best moments is quickly forgotten in our worst. Ever played basketball and felt compelled to say to your own team mates - "hey, same side, same side" . . . well, I hope we can re-interpret my comments along those lines. We somehow need to get that message out to America from coast to coast: Same side, same side. It would be nothing less than fantastic if we can manage it on a small scale here.

I also have built up two other sites and watch them split apart all due to that click $#@!. It ain't happening here or this time!
    My God, same, same. We all have a responsibility to ensure that this does not happen here.

I hope we can all agree to assume the best of each other and help one and all remain focused on the merits and demerits of our arguments.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsolo802 For This Useful Post:

Conley (03-31-2012),MMC (03-31-2012)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,474x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dsolo, people have to be reasonable. The worst problems we have had so far were on the Zimmerman threads. One side thinks this should play out in court and argues it is best to wait and see how this develops before one can have an informed opinion regarding Zimmerman's guilt or innocence. They other side wants Zimmerman railroaded and has already decided upon his guilt. Only one side is being even remotely reasonable. I, for one, will never get used to people who feel entitled to their own facts and base strong opinions (about a man's guilt!) on little more than their political persuasion and preconceptions.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your gracious words, MMC. That perhaps the majority of the people here are right leaning, and wanting good conversation is the attraction of this place. I know that for a fact because that is exactly how Dadakarma and I have put it to the people we've invited. It seems it's going to take a little while for people to get used to each other. But I am certain, if we let the dust and suspicions settle we are going to find a good way with each other.

Well that description will make a lot of people happy. We've been wondering where the true Republicans had gone. From my standpoint, that conservative impulse which I don't find expressed in so-called neo-con politics today is sorely missing and missed.

Good stuff - all of it.

Amen to that. I think what we know in our best moments is quickly forgotten in our worst. Ever played basketball and felt compelled to say to your own team mates - "hey, same side, same side" . . . well, I hope we can re-interpret my comments along those lines. We somehow need to get that message out to America from coast to coast: Same side, same side. It would be nothing less than fantastic if we can manage it on a small scale here.

My God, same, same. We all have a responsibility to ensure that this does not happen here.

I hope we can all agree to assume the best of each other and help one and all remain focused on the merits and demerits of our arguments.
    Thanks for the understanding DS.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good stuff - all of it.

Great post. Let's all try to live up to those lofty (but not unattainable) expectations.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    2Ts's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21x in 14 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    The federal government.

Now point to the enumerated power in the Constitution that authorizes it.
    you really think that every FED reg is actually spelled out in the constitution? you have to realize the strict federalist interpretation would never allow us to be an econmic superpower? you actually advocate for anarchy. Economic disparity between the states would have led to numerous efforts for succession and civil wars between the states.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Ts For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread