Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21x in 14 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Dsolo, people have to be reasonable. The worst problems we have had so far were on the Zimmerman threads. One side thinks this should play out in court and argues it is best to wait and see how this develops before one can have an informed opinion regarding Zimmerman's guilt or innocence. They other side wants Zimmerman railroaded and has already decided upon his guilt. Only one side is being even remotely reasonable. I, for one, will never get used to people who feel entitled to their own facts and base strong opinions (about a man's guilt!) on little more than their political persuasion and preconceptions.
    you forgot the side that was just going to close the case.. that caused the blacklash to begin with

dadakarma
    dadakarma's Avatar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Ts View Post
    you forgot the side that was just going to close the case.. that caused the blacklash to begin with
    Indeed it did. I have not encountered a single person, regardless of political stripe, who wants Zimmerman "railroaded".

Mister D wants people to be reasonable. There is nothing reasonable about his gross generalization and fabrication of this mythical 'other side' he describes. He should lead by example.

You are correct in that the Sanford PD's shelving of this is why it has exploded the way it now has.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,472x in 36,447 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Ts View Post
    What you think caused the "backlash" is irrelevant.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dadakarma View Post
    Indeed it did. I have not encountered a single person, regardless of political stripe, who wants Zimmerman "railroaded".

Mister D wants people to be reasonable. There is nothing reasonable about his gross generalization and fabrication of this mythical 'other side' he describes. He should lead by example.

You are correct in that the Sanford PD's shelving of this is why it has exploded the way it now has.
    You do. Your crazy friend dagdawhatever does too. Your own statements illustrate that admirably. You have decided on his guilt. At least own up to it. How shameless are you? You even stated you would not be satisfied with any evidence that exonerates Zimmerman because you believe it will have been fabricated!

I've described you well and I have led by example. Stop the hysterics, ladies. Let the facts come out and we will know in time if Zimmerman is guilty of anything or if a crime has been committed. That's the reasonable position. If you guys had simply criticized the FL law and demanded further investigation we would all be in agreement but that's not what you did.

Own up to it, ladies.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    dsolo802's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 155x in 115 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dsolo, people have to be reasonable. The worst problems we have had so far were on the Zimmerman threads. One side thinks this should play out in court and argues it is best to wait and see how this develops before one can have an informed opinion regarding Zimmerman's guilt or innocence. They other side wants Zimmerman railroaded and has already decided upon his guilt. Only one side is being even remotely reasonable. I, for one, will never get used to people who feel entitled to their own facts and base strong opinions (about a man's guilt!) on little more than their political persuasion and preconceptions.
    Hello Mister D. First I will say where I stand on "the issue." And then talk a little about the threads.

Now that there is a serious investigation in this matter, I trust the machinery of justice will work. Neither Zimmerman nor Trayvon should be demonized in the media, and both have been. Zimmerman is entitled to a fair investigation. If he is charged he is entitled to fair trial. I am concerned that all of the publicity will make getting a fair trial for him difficult. This should not have been used in the national media to gain crude political advantage by anyone - and it has been used by everyone.

About the feelings of others, and the threads: This whole thing is a terrible tragedy. I understand that people will feel one way or the other but, for me, debating what we feel without access to all of the evidence seems to be fraught with peril, and odd.

While I cannot speak for others, based on my experience I can only say this: For some even a whiff of the smell of injustice brings out a passionate response. With an emotionally charged tragedy like this one, it may be unreasonable to expect cold and dispassionate exposition.

It was the proliferation of Trayvon / Zimmerman threads [I think upwards of 7 or so] on the site from whence me came that convinced me to look elsewhere for my chat.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsolo802 For This Useful Post:

2Ts (03-31-2012),Conley (03-31-2012)

dadakarma
    dadakarma's Avatar Guest
    You do. Your crazy friend dagdawhatever does too. Your own statements illustrate that admirably. You have decided on his guilt. At least own up to it. How shameless are you? You even stated you would not be satisfied with any evidence that exonerates Zimmerman because you believe it will have been fabricated!

I've described you well and I have led by example. Stop the hysterics, ladies. Let the facts come out and we will know in time if Zimmerman is guilty of anything or if a crime has been committed. That's the reasonable position. If you guys had simply criticized the FL law and demanded further investigation we would all be in agreement but that's not what you did.

Own up to it, ladies.
    Your entire post doesn't contain a shred of truth. And your need to talk down to the ladies speaks volumes for the intellectual lack in your arsenal. Good luck getting any worthy engagement with pathetic offerings such as yours.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dadakarma View Post
    Your entire post doesn't contain a shred of truth. And your need to talk down to the ladies speaks volumes for the intellectual lack in your arsenal. Good luck getting any worthy engagement with pathetic offerings such as yours.
    What was not true? Be specific. We have a handy search feature and we can see when a comment was edited. What would you like me to prove?

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's amazing is that she will go right back to making the same claims about Zimmerman as soon as it comes up. Is she senile?

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolo802 View Post
    Hello Mister D. First I will say where I stand on "the issue." And then talk a little about the threads.

Now that there is a serious investigation in this matter, I trust the machinery of justice will work. Neither Zimmerman nor Trayvon should be demonized in the media, and both have been. Zimmerman is entitled to a fair investigation. If he is charged he is entitled to fair trial. I am concerned that all of the publicity will make getting a fair trial for him difficult. This should not have been used in the national media to gain crude political advantage by anyone - and it has been used by everyone.

About the feelings of others, and the threads: This whole thing is a terrible tragedy. I understand that people will feel one way or the other but, for me, debating what we feel without access to all of the evidence seems to be fraught with peril, and odd.

While I cannot speak for others, based on my experience I can only say this: For some even a whiff of the smell of injustice brings out a passionate response. With an emotionally charged tragedy like this one, it may be unreasonable to expect cold and dispassionate exposition.

It was the proliferation of Trayvon / Zimmerman threads [I think upwards of 7 or so] on the site from whence me came that convinced me to look elsewhere for my chat.
    Methinks the very people you brought here contributed to the insanity you tried to flee. Sir, I'm not interested in discussing feelings when it comes a man's guilt or innocence. The flaws in FL are fair game and deserve outrage. I think we all agree. That said, we don;t know enough about this to be making the kinds of claims we've seen on this forum, right? You agree with that, right?

~Alain de Benoist

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

MMC (03-31-2012)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly no one said the wheels of justice were not turning. Then when it was pointed out how the issue was politicized. They denied it. because Sharpton tried to make it about race then and failed. Then they denied all other same equal principle but with different circumstances with regards to the political.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread