Thanked 53,587x in 36,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Gettysburg

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by conley View Post

Thanks for the rewrite...yeah Spaten is great imo but it is very light for a German beer. You can drink it all day and it goes with anything, even in the heat.
    Lawnmower beer.
    I'll never understand that. My dad used to do that whenever he mowed the lawn in the heat. Now he's on blood thinners so he only drinks on special occasions. Anyway, the last thing I want when I'm sweating is an alcoholic drink of any kind.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, Bass was probably the first foreign beer I ever drank regularly. Haven't had it for years now, I wonder if I'd like it. Not sure I've ever had 'spoiled' beer before, if so I probably just drank it anyway :-X

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, Bass was probably the first foreign beer I ever drank regularly. Haven't had it for years now, I wonder if I'd like it. Not sure I've ever had 'spoiled' beer before, if so I probably just drank it anyway :-X
    Spoiled beer is sour, vinegary. Draft beer is not pasteurized traditionally and is subject to spoiling if it's not kept refrigerated.

I remember way back when I bought a half barrel of Yeungling Porter, tapped it and it was sour - so I took it back to the place where I bought it. Asked the guy to taste it and he did. This was a big guy, he then picked up the keg and threw it across the warehouse. I almost $#@! myself, I'm thinking I really pissed this guy off. He stormed back into the cooler and brought out another keg and gave it to me apologizing.

my junk is ugly

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Spoiled beer is sour, vinegary. Draft beer is not pasteurized traditionally and is subject to spoiling if it's not kept refrigerated.

I remember way back when I bought a half barrel of Yeungling Porter, tapped it and it was sour - so I took it back to the place where I bought it. Asked the guy to taste it and he did. This was a big guy, he then picked up the keg and threw it across the warehouse. I almost $#@! myself, I'm thinking I really pissed this guy off. He stormed back into the cooler and brought out another keg and gave it to me apologizing.
    Cool story. 8)
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post

Thanks for the rewrite...yeah Spaten is great imo but it is very light for a German beer. You can drink it all day and it goes with anything, even in the heat.
    Lawnmower beer.
    I'll never understand that. My dad used to do that whenever he mowed the lawn in the heat. Now he's on blood thinners so he only drinks on special occasions. Anyway, the last thing I want when I'm sweating is an alcoholic drink of any kind.
    My dad's on thinners also, he stopped drinking maybe 5 years ago. He was a heavy drinker also.

The stuff I'm drinking now (my stuff) - these batches didn't turn out great, but I'll still drink them. I over-shot the alcohol content, they're very high - too high. If I mowed the lawn and had one or two of these, I'd pass out.
    my junk is ugly

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lawnmower beer.
    My dad's on thinners also, he stopped drinking maybe 5 years ago. He was a heavy drinker also.

The stuff I'm drinking now (my stuff) - these batches didn't turn out great, but I'll still drink them. I over-shot the alcohol content, they're very high - too high. If I mowed the lawn and had one or two of these, I'd pass out.
    What are we talking? 8%. Higher?!

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm getting kegerator ads now in addition to the ones for alcoholism treatment > >

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lawnmower beer.

What are we talking? 8%. Higher?!
    If I sat down and did the math, I could figure it out but it's probably not far from 8%, maybe a little lighter.

I like beer, I like drinking beer - I just don't like getting $#@!faced. I have a batch going now (I'm swamping it - it's in a plastic party tub and I rotate frozen bottles of ice to keep it cool in the heat) and I was shooting for a much lower alcohol content (among other improvements to my process).

So far so good.
    my junk is ugly

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm getting kegerator ads now in addition to the ones for alcoholism treatment > >
    A few months back when I started this project, I was looking at kegorators. I even went to the Home Depot with empty kegs to see if they would fit in those dorm fridges.

Wound up buying a full size fridge that they had on clearance. $240 out the door, I just have to drill holes in it and get my taps set up. I have picnic taps for now, I'll get around to drilling out sooner or later.

I'll drop some pics when I do.

It's way too easy to down beer when it's right there on tap for the taking. I get "the eye" more often than not lately.

$#@!er.
    my junk is ugly

+ Reply to Thread