User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those That Are Interested in Discussion

dadakarma
    dadakarma's Avatar Guest
    Here's what I like about what ADMIN said today:

This site was started with the hope that many would join and add to the discussion, with no ownership biases toward any political orientation or leaning. We hope to provide you all with a forum that meets your expectations. Ultimately this site, like any other forum, is the product of membership and we trust that you all, both new and old members, will be able to create that which best serves you.
    I interpret that to mean that our presence here is welcome. And that no matter how much whining and sniveling persists about how my "crew" should "get our roll out", guess what? It ain't happening. ADMIN's glad we're here.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    What do you expect from some PH rejects? They ban people there for the slightest thing that doesn't fit in with their view and then come here trying to do the same thing.

PH, Debate Politics, DCJ, PF, it doesnt matter.....it's not happening here despite the single echo yelling otherwise.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    ramone's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 181x in 163 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dadakarma View Post

I interpret that to mean that our presence here is welcome. And that no matter how much whining and sniveling persists about how my "crew" should "get our roll out", guess what? It ain't happening. ADMIN's glad we're here.
    It probably would be if you had anything to say, unfortunately that is not the case. Sorry to burst you bubble but you're not quite as smart as you think and I've yet to see anything you've said worth reading.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now let me show you.....
    This site was started with the hope that many would join and add to the discussion, with no ownership biases toward any political orientation or leaning. We hope to provide you all with a forum that meets your expectations. Ultimately this site, like any other forum, is the product of membership and we trust that you all, both new and old members, will be able to create that which best serves you.

Once you break the trust the hope and clearly now are set on dividing the site. So that you can feel better about yourself. Pretty much ends that.

History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

dadakarma
    dadakarma's Avatar Guest
    Is there a translator in the house??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dadakarma For This Useful Post:

keyser soze (04-03-2012)

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    keyser soze's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 54x in 46 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's a PH reject and why are we thought to be same?

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, but you wont like who it is!

dadakarma
    dadakarma's Avatar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    What's a PH reject and why are we thought to be same?
    Some here think we came from Political Hotwire, which is a place I hadn't heard of until I started reading this board.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,586x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolo802 View Post
    What I thought and think it means is right there printed large in this thread. I am saying no different now from what I said before.
    You have probably been misusing the term corporatism for years now. That's no surprise.

And when I've been talking about our paid for $#@!s in Washington, who do you imagine I think did the paying? I've been saying here nothing but that - and generally getting agreement on that point. The Summers and Geitners of the world are the primary movers of Exxon-Mobile, GM, Apple etc ascending the thrown of a re-organization of our society. Whether OWS knows it, this is one of the fundamental things they are complaining about.
    Exxon-Mobile, GM, Apple etc are not part and parcel of what it means to be a corporate society. It's not about business, profit, and finance. I'm sorry if this sudden revelation has left you a little dazed but better now than never, right? A better example of corporatist policy and philosophy would be contemporary identity politics and the like.

When Apple, for example, moves American jobs overseas to take advantage of slave and child labor, of course it has to do with profits and business. Policies that expose our working people to unfair/unwinnable competition like this put shareholders rights ahead of citizen rights.
    Yes, that does concern profits and business but it does not concern corporatism. In fact, outsourcing would be foreign to a corporatist society! You have a poor understanding of what corporatism means but I'll give you some time to work through this crisis.

I did and do understand. I don't think you previously understood my view.
    I do understand your view and I even agree with some of it but it has nothing to do with corporatism.

I'll go with the dictionary definition of the word, and the one that is commonly understood to refer to the things I'm trying - mightily - to talk about. If you think it is wrong, I can accept that. Just know when I use the term, this is how I use it.
    Your dictionary definition and your usage do not correspond. yes, many people do use the term incorrectly online. They do the same with terms like fascism.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    keyser soze's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 54x in 46 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)