Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,583x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dadakarma View Post
    Bears repeating. Doesn't matter what a member does. No one *made* certain staff members here melt down and fling feces. They chose to. That choice is 100% theirs.
    No one melted down and no one slings feces. Play the victim on all the boards?

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    ramone's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 181x in 163 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolo802 View Post
    EDITED
    I'll not go into a defense of my thinking. Same as the one who had some other absurd idea that humans can't separate emotion from fact. Bull$#@!, I can and anybody who has been in a position of authority can too. These type ideas thrown out there as some type of factual data without any backing are ridiculous and should be discounted as troll posting. People who cannot separate fact from fiction should not even be posting on a serious forum. I do postings on other forums that make jokes, a time and place for everything. To ignore a legit post in favor of something stupid among new members really doesn't add to their acceptance of the members who have been here for awhile. I haven't been here that long myself but I don't do ad hom and bull$#@! to make up for my incompetence in fact finding. I'll leave it there before I write some essay on retards who want to feel like they are somebody but never will get 5 mins of fame much less 15.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ramone For This Useful Post:

MMC (04-02-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is simple DS.....ever since you have been here you have been respectful and not all caught up into anything. I admit I fell off into it. But when I see people come in here and I WILL BE SPECIFIC as I don't tremble to ever step up to the plate.

Your friends Dada and Dagny are the ones that started with the off and innuendoes and inferences. I let that go then of course another pal comes in talkin about whining and crying etc. Beating chests anbd peeing in bushes so that he can infer the caveman mentality. Still I let that go. but then when ya pals start talking about people are stalking them as if Mister D was following them around in eveythread. Thats when I took issue and started saying something.

Dada didn't work with me and went right into that red-crossing bull$#@! and inferencing. So far you and I, 2t's and VoZ have had no runs in. Nor have I had one with Keysore. None of you spouting false $#@! or anything. Now your pal Dagnabit here likes to throw out a lot of unreal answers. it was called out on it, sadly it plays the game of i am ignoring this or that and just keeps on going.

One thing I have learned and I have built 3 sites including this one. When people start painting other out as stalkers this lead to more serious problems Then others that are the D&D sisters friends start doing it because they have said. Which can drive someone off a site as you well know. or lead to other matters over the internet.

So this I will not tolerate. One other thing that dada forgot about.

Regardless of all whom she knows.....Some people have put money into this site, and as far as I know Money talks Bull$#@! walks.
    Last edited by MMC; 04-02-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    dsolo802's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 155x in 115 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    For the record, by "reasonable" I mean that one's commentary should at least be plausible and factually supported.
    Agreed. To your point, see the exchange I just had with Ramone.

For example, when we spoke of all the conservatives in BO's cabinet
    I didn't make the statement, I believe Dagny did. But if you were to ask me to name such persons, I'd go with Larry Summer who, though a Democrat managed to successfully lobby for reduction of corporate and capital gains taxation while working in the Reagan Administration and Tim Geitner, an Independent, who had previously been president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Whether these are the people Dagby had in mind when he made his statement, you will have to ask him.

How long have you been waiting for an answer from him? As I was saying to MMC, some people have more time to give to board discussion than others. I know that Dagby is on and off the board.

or of a man's guilt before we actually knew he even committed a crime we were not being reasonable.
    We have already had a good chat about that. We should all be concerned that Zimmerman receives a fair trial, and the massive disgusting publicity that this train wreck is receiving is making that less and less likely every day. As you and I agreed: The outrage and discussion over the lack of a serious investigation seems warranted. The amount of time it is taking to charge him, or fully release him is also very disconcerting. I think these are all discussion worthy - though I'm just not into it.

As for the rest of it: I never did dive into those threads, don't know the individual statements that were made, nor do I know the context in which statements were made. My view of these issues, and the play they get in the media is that they are intended to divide us. My view is the train wreck is to be mourned, not debated. I choose instead to keep myself and as many others as I can manage focused on the issues that I think are critically important to us all.

We compound the problem when, after being confronted about our unreasonable comments, we circle the wagons. It's makes this place suck, Dsolo.
    My lack of participation on this topic is not some new found religion since I've been here. If you look at the many threads on the site we came here from you will see, I stayed out of them there as well. My lack of participation is not a circle the wagons response.

Dagny
    Dagny's Avatar Guest
    Bears repeating. Doesn't matter what a member does. No one *made* certain staff members here melt down and fling feces. They chose to. That choice is 100% theirs.
    Read the first comments made to you, in the Zimmerman thread.

First, they commented about your education.

Look...it appears that there are two different forces at work here. The one or two who want a bigger, more intelligent community, and the rest, who would rather offer nothing but the same bull$#@! found on every right wing blog.

You do make a good point, though. Staff should never engage in the type of behavior seen in some of these threads.

But then again....90% of the members are staff!

Hey...nobody's keeping us here. They've made that abundantly clear.

dadakarma
    dadakarma's Avatar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagny View Post
    Read the first comments made to you, in the Zimmerman thread.

First, they commented about your education.

Look...it appears that there are two different forces at work here. The one or two who want a bigger, more intelligent community, and the rest, who would rather offer nothing but the same bull$#@! found on every right wing blog.

You do make a good point, though. Staff should never engage in the type of behavior seen in some of these threads.

But then again....90% of the members are staff!

Hey...nobody's keeping us here. They've made that abundantly clear.
    I'll leave when I choose to or when the admin OWNER gives me the boot.

The loudest whining and crying is coming from certain staff members.

And really - the stuff about my education? All that did was reflect poorly on the limited class of the person posting it, to the new member, no less. Nice!

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I will do my damnest to make sure that happens. No if and or buts about it!!!!!
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Dagny
    Dagny's Avatar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolo802 View Post
    Agreed. To your point, see the exchange I just had with Ramone.

I didn't make the statement, I believe Dagny did. But if you were to ask me to name such persons, I'd go with Larry Summer who, though a Democrat managed to successfully lobby for reduction of corporate and capital gains taxation while working in the Reagan Administration and Tim Geitner, an Independent, who had previously been president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Whether these are the people Dagby had in mind when he made his statement, you will have to ask him.
    See? I thought that was glaringly evident. Especially when you take it in the context of the posts that preceded it.

They don't want to expand the parameters of their narrow views. But I'm flattered they thought my wisdom was sig. worthy.

How long have you been waiting for an answer from him? As I was saying to MMC, some people have more time to give to board discussion than others. I know that Dagby is on and off the board.

Not an issue of time. I've decided to change my methods here. Those who prove unworthy of my attention, will need to earn the right to have me address them in the future.

It's much easier that way.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bears repeating.....Money talks, bull$#@! walks!!!!! Doesn't it DD!

Dagny
    Dagny's Avatar Guest

And really - the stuff about my education? All that did was reflect poorly on the limited class of the person posting it, to the new member, no less. Nice!
    I agree. Conley is working tirelessly to come up with a solution to a problem with no solution.

I'm told that I was critical. I'm merely reminding him of the greeting you were met with.

We both know that you can take it. I'm just stating the facts.

It's just a goddamned message board!

+ Reply to Thread