Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest that posters agree that there will be no "potty mouth." In point of fact, people who can't seem to express themselves without a lot of profanity come across as intellectually limited, putting it bluntly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mainecoons For This Useful Post:

MMC (04-02-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,573x in 36,512 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not referring to you, Dsolo. You've been the only one I can get a level headed comment from.

I didn't make the statement, I believe Dagny did. But if you were to ask me to name such persons, I'd go with Larry Summer who, though a Democrat managed to successfully lobby for reduction of corporate and capital gains taxation while working in the Reagan Administration and Tim Geitner, an Independent, who had previously been president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Whether these are the people Dagby had in mind when he made his statement, you will have to ask him.

How long have you been waiting for an answer from him? As I was saying to MMC, some people have more time to give to board discussion than others. I know that Dagby is on and off the board.
    Neither Geithner or Summers could be characterized as conservatives. For the former you base this claim on lobbying for corporate tax cuts under Reagan and for the latter you base it on having been president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York? That's a mighty thin stew. In any case, the claim was that BO's cabinet was a conservative cabinet. That's absolute nonsense (i.e. unreasonable).

We have already had a good chat about that. We should all be concerned that Zimmerman receives a fair trial, and the massive disgusting publicity that this train wreck is receiving is making that less and less likely every day. As you and I agreed: The outrage and discussion over the lack of a serious investigation seems warranted. The amount of time it is taking to charge him, or fully release him is also very disconcerting. I think these are all discussion worthy - though I'm just not into it.

As for the rest of it: I never did dive into those threads, don't know the individual statements that were made, nor do I know the context in which statements were made. My view of these issues, and the play they get in the media is that they are intended to divide us. My view is the train wreck is to be mourned, not debated. I choose instead to keep myself and as many others as I can manage focused on the issues that I think are critically important to us all.
    The delay in charging Zimmerman could possibly stem from the lack of a credible charge.

I'd like to know how a rational discussion could have been had in light of those comments. If you'd rather not discuss the statements made on the Zimmerman thread then perhaps you shouldn't speak of working together and so forth when I made it very clear to you why things have turned out as they have. Sorry, I'm not buying this "we're all to blame" stuff. We're not all to blame.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

MMC (04-02-2012)

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    ramone's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 181x in 163 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
    I suggest that posters agree that there will be no "potty mouth." In point of fact, people who can't seem to express themselves without a lot of profanity come across as intellectually limited, putting it bluntly.
    Can't help it, that is the way I talk in my every day life. Language should not detract from factual posting however. Put it bluntly or however, foul language is perceived by the person reading the post. I don't mind it myself, some do. In reality it has nothing to do with intellect. I has to do with what you are dealing with at the time. Crap requires crap in return.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I'm not referring to you, Dsolo. You've been the only one I can get a level headed comment from.

Neither Geithner or Summers could be characterized as conservatives. For the former you base this claim on lobbying for corporate tax cuts under Reagan and for the latter you base it on having been president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York? That's a mighty thin stew. In any case, the claim was that BO's cabinet was a conservative cabinet. That's absolute nonsense (i.e. unreasonable).

The delay in charging Zimmerman could possibly stem from the lack of a credible charge.

I'd like to know how a rational discussion could have been had in light of those comments. If you'd rather not discuss the statements made on the Zimmerman thread then perhaps you shouldn't speak of working together and so forth when I made it very clear to you why things have turned out as they have. Sorry, I'm not buying this "we're all to blame" stuff. We're not all to blame.

How can a rationale discussion take place when their buddies play the game and just talk to each other. I mentioned the thread could be moved. What did I get. Nothing but some smart azz comment and the so called air of Superiority. Which right then and there caused her to bite the bullet.

Plus you know me D.....I don't go for the painting crap on anybody. Conservative, Liberal independant, ex-con (except politicans)I don't care what they are. Stalking charges are serious and when come across a nut like TR then the stuffs expands out of this Admins hands or anyone elses.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,573x in 36,512 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Of course I do recall Larry Summers doing the absolutely unthinkable when he dared suggest that the under representation of women in certain fields may not be the result of discrimination.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    dsolo802's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 155x in 115 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagny View Post
    See? I thought that was glaringly evident. Especially when you take it in the context of the posts that preceded it.
    I confess to not researching the tension that has fully blossomed here. If i could channel you, I would consider that to be an honor, my friend.

They don't want to expand the parameters of their narrow views. But I'm flattered they thought my wisdom was sig. worthy.
    You are wise - once you get past the old English

We have never had a chance to sing madrigals together. I hope some day, Dada, you me and our new friends here can find a way to get silly drunk together and give it a shot.

To everyone, I say: The seriousness is really too much. This is supposed to be a hobby - not an inquisition.

Back in the day, I was in a greaser band and we actually did get to perform a lovely madrigal for the under grads at Harvard. I don't have any video from that performance - fortunately - however i was able to find a youtube video that captures the right spirit. It is entitled: Suzanne is a funny old man --

Not an issue of time. I've decided to change my methods here. Those who prove unworthy of my attention, will need to earn the right to have me address them in the future.

It's much easier that way.
    I don't understand the rationality behind questioning Dada's education and your charming old English.

I would propose that we all call a mulligan - give everyone a chance to do better, and call it a day.

Dagny
    Dagny's Avatar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolo802 View Post
    I confess to not researching the tension that has fully blossomed here. If i could channel you, I would consider that to be an honor, my friend.

When I referred to context, I wasn't referring to any tension. I don't allow them to address me anymore.
    I was discussing the comments I made re. Obama being a disappointment in various ways.

And I gave him similar slack...as you did.

Me, for him having to deal with the most racist, bigoted group of republicans in the last 50 years.

dadakarma
    dadakarma's Avatar Guest

You are wise - once you get past the old English

We have never had a chance to sing madrigals together. I hope some day, Dada, you me and our new friends here can find a way to get silly drunk together and give it a shot.

To everyone, I say: The seriousness is really too much. This is supposed to be a hobby - not an inquisition.

Back in the day, I was in a greaser band and we actually did get to perform a lovely madrigal for the under grads at Harvard. I don't have any video from that performance - fortunately - however i was able to find a youtube video that captures the right spirit. It is entitled: Suzanne is a funny old man --

I don't understand the rationality behind questioning Dada's education and your charming old English.

I would propose that we all call a mulligan - give everyone a chance to do better, and call it a day.
    I can't sing, Dsolo. I'll just mouth the words, okay?

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    dsolo802's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 155x in 115 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dadakarma View Post
    I can't sing, Dsolo. I'll just mouth the words, okay?
    And Dagny and I aren't pretty. You are well-suited to make us all look good!

dadakarma
    dadakarma's Avatar Guest
    And Dagny and I aren't pretty. You are well-suited to make us all look good!
    Awww! You're too kind.

But Dagny's pretty, too - seen a pic?

+ Reply to Thread