Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 181x in 163 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    Well...one board I was a member of had a thread that was separated from the others and not open to anyone but members. When someone got into a slug fest, which happens, they were invited to go there and have at it. It solved some problems by allowing other threads to avoid the pollution...otherwise there's always ignore. I haven't been at this near as long as many but some people just can't help themselves or refuse, and in that case ignore shortens the page nicely....
    I've seen that tried and failed, in the end posts will get deleted or moved entirely to a certain thread. Never to be seen again, heavy handed moderation will fail in the end. Some back and forth is good, problem arises when you have people who have nothing to say interjecting nonsense into a thread. If you can't back it up, don't post it, and if you are wrong admit it. it's a simple concept.

Over thinking small problems and making a big stink about it leads to bigger problems. I've been a mod for years on a forum with around 5 thousand members. Stick to the basic rules and let people come and go as they please.
    Last edited by ramone; 04-02-2012 at 03:48 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ramone For This Useful Post:

MMC (04-02-2012)