User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Middle School Teacher Suspended For Showing Video About White Actor Wearing Blackface

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 2,023
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,449x in 11,739 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Why would any school system give a teacher permission to take students to NYC to protest Bush.
    School board, and because it was also educational.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,525x in 94,386 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    School board, and because it was also educational.
    It sounds political to me.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CreepyOldDude's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 760x in 514 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    Think about it, kids get expelled for pointing there finger at someone in the shape of a gun, I a child's mother forgets and sends a knife to cut the birthday cake in with a child the child is expelled.

A kid during hunting seasons forgets that his rifle is in the trunk goes to the office to confess and gets expelled and arrested

Why would they not go after a History Teacher that was actually teaching history! Racism is part of every nations in the worlds history!

What you are seeing is liberals trying to control speech and education of what is the real history of the USA in favor of their agenda driven rewrite!

This is something that the ACLU could be all over and the State board of Educations should step in and fire the administrator.

Until the people that make these stupid decisions are punished and shamed? It will continue to the ruin of the USA
    What you're talking about isn't racism. It's Zero Tolerance. ZT, in the short-hand. It's also farking stupid. It lets school administrators get away with not using their heads. They don't have to think, just enforce rules, without any regard to the actual situation.

A few years ago, my granddaughter (she had asthma) let another girl use her inhaler for a bad asthma attack. The principal called her to his office, and called the sheriff, claiming she was pushing drugs. He tried to get her arrested. The sheriff threatened to arrest the principal, if he ever called for something like that again. (The sheriff and I have casually despised each other for going on 43 years now. But he's honest, so I still vote for him every time he comes up for reelection.)

The next morning, I stopped by the diner, where the principal was having breakfast, and explained quietly to him that if he tried to kick her out for the year, I'd be nailing his balls to a tree. He needn't be anywhere nearby, of course. That was pretty much the end of ZT in our school. More vicious old $#@!s need to talk to principals.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bob's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,335x in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mensch View Post
    People say that we need to discuss race, but it is a trap because all some of them want to do is twist your words and trap you. These "witch-hunts" are only going to drive the true racists underground and make people less likely to move beyond the issues.
    I too get caught in that same trap.

So where did @Codename Section flee to?

Achievements:
    Bob's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    Teachers have a pre-determined curriculum which they are meant to follow, which generally means the same books and movies across the board. This teacher may have had good intentions, but it could have all been avoided had they asked for permission first. It's just the way that it works. I had some pretty whacky history and social science teachers in high school and they got away from the curriculum at times, but I'm positive they asked for permission for some of the shenanigans that took place. I mean, when learning about cult of personality, we had to create our own dictators who had to hate certain groups/minorities and we had to provide reasons and fake propaganda for the reason to hate those people. They basically told us to be as racist and demonstrate as much bigotry as possible to make a point about how easy it is to create propaganda and reasons for a group of people to follow a leader and hate whichever group that leader does not like. Another teacher took a class to NYC to protest Bush (it was a current events class). You can do questionable things, but get permission first.
    A man who was a school teacher in Iran had to do the same thing you endorse.

Kind of baffles me.

Achievements:
    Bob's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every bit of this is coming from the left. Sadly I also learned by posting here, we have some so called Libertarians that approved it too.

They stick by the terms of what the left decides is right and they don't stick up for freedom at all. Freedom of speech to them is only that which a couple of rulers of a forum allow you to have.

+ Reply to Thread