User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: White Slavery in America

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't see how that correlates.....thats like saying hey, Elliot Spitzer the Gov of NY was forced out of Office for sleeping around with high priced prostitutes. Does that mean when Spitzer talks about going after bank fraud, that it means he don't know what he is talking about?
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    wingrider's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 789x in 646 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dadakarma View Post
    If you feel that strongly, then surely you can understand why I feel strongly when I see anyone quoting the words of someone who denies that it happened.
    yes I can understand your hatred for the author, but the point that is being made here is I offered other sources and you dismissed them also.. all you do is attack and offer no alternative sources or virtually no input on the OP.. this is the second time you have attacked me, why I do not know. all I know for sure is this type of behavior is unacceptable
    The eastern world, it is exploding, violence flaring bullets loading. you are old enough to kill , but not for voting, this whole crazy world is just to frustrating, and you tell me over and over and over again my friend, you don't believe we are on the EVE of DESTRUCTION.

Never approach a bull from the front, A horse from behind, or a fool from any direction.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,571x in 36,510 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BTW, Dada, Hoffman isn't a Holocaust denier. He does not deny that many Jews were executed by the Nazis or that the regime had the explicit goal to eliminate Jewry. Seriously, because someone calls someone else a name you believe it without any further thought?

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    BTW, Dada, Hoffman isn't a Holocaust denier. He does not deny that many Jews were executed by the Nazis or that the regime had the explicit goal to eliminate Jewry. Seriously, because someone calls someone else a name you believe it without any further thought?
    thanks D now maybe we can get this thread back on track,, why is white slavery not recognised by our education system
    The eastern world, it is exploding, violence flaring bullets loading. you are old enough to kill , but not for voting, this whole crazy world is just to frustrating, and you tell me over and over and over again my friend, you don't believe we are on the EVE of DESTRUCTION.

Never approach a bull from the front, A horse from behind, or a fool from any direction.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just gotta bump this thread..until I get a satisfactory answer from the left why this has been swept under the rug for 200 years

Dagny
    Dagny's Avatar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I just don't see how that correlates.....thats like saying hey, Elliot Spitzer the Gov of NY was forced out of Office for sleeping around with high priced prostitutes. Does that mean when Spitzer talks about going after bank fraud, that it means he don't know what he is talking about?
    Spitzer probably would've remained in office, had he chosen to fight. In doing so, he drags his wife through the sewer that is public opinion.

I would say that his strong anti prostitution stance while he was the AG, was the reason he had to step down. Remove that from the equation, and he's just another horny governor.

As opposed to a hypocrite.

Dagny
    Dagny's Avatar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wingrider View Post
    I just gotta bump this thread..until I get a satisfactory answer from the left why this has been swept under the rug for 200 years
    Probably for the same reason our children aren't taught that the founders were racist, misogynist, slave owners.

Must be a 'need to know' issue.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagny View Post
    Spitzer probably would've remained in office, had he chosen to fight. In doing so, he drags his wife through the sewer that is public opinion.

I would say that his strong anti prostitution stance while he was the AG, was the reason he had to step down. Remove that from the equation, and he's just another horny governor.

As opposed to a hypocrite.
    Morning Dagny.....you are right about the hyprocrit part and what he did to his wife. But like I said if he wrote some book or piece about Bank Fraud. People would listen as it has nothing to do with whatever trouble he got himself into. As to him remaining in Office as a govenor if he chose to fight. I would disagree with you there. As the Country has been on a kick in taking Govenors down lately.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Alias's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 174x in 160 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagny View Post
    Probably for the same reason our children aren't taught that the founders were racist, misogynist, slave owners.

Must be a 'need to know' issue.
    The founders didn't use race to divide people like our current liberal do. Slavery was part of the culture. The fact is the founders sowed the seeds of emancipation into the Delcaration of Independence and US Constitution. They all knew it could not last for long, but first they had to establish a nation to ensure that would happen. Slaves who fought in the revolutionary war on both sides were given their freedom after the war. Those who fought for the Brits went to other lands where they were still treated badly.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally, Washington’s actions demonstrate his devotion to the principles of freedom and equality. George Washington risked life and fortune to command the Continental Army in the Revolutionary War in an effort to secure liberty. Later he served as President of the Constitutional Convention in 1787 to establish a government through which the principles of the Declaration of Independence could best be secured. According to James Madison, the problem of slavery was the most divisive at the Constitutional Convention. Even though slavery violated the principles of human freedom and equality that Washington and the other Founders had articulated and fought to defend, they had no other reasonable alternative but to compromise. Demanding an immediate end to slavery rather than agreeing to compromise on the issue would certainly have caused the slave states to reject union altogether, and establish a separate country more committed to continuing the institution of slavery. If that had happened, not one slave from a southern slave state would have been freed, and, perhaps worse, any prospects of ending slavery in the South would have been grim.

On the other hand, by securing the union upon the basis of human equality, the principles of the Revolution gradually influenced public opinion and political action. By 1798, slave importation had been outlawed by all thirteen states. Between 1777 and 1804, eight Northern states abolished slavery altogether: Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York and New Jersey. In the South, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina amended their laws to make it easier to free slaves. Largely as a result, between 1790 and 1810, the number of free blacks in the South grew from 32,000 to 108,000.

Before having a public debate about ending slavery, first a union had to be formed in which such a debate could take place. In commanding the Continental Army, and presiding over the Constitutional Convention, George Washington did more than any other man to make that happen.

In addition to these heroic public acts are his actions as a private citizen. It was illegal in every slave state to simply let one’s slaves go free. Each state had laws regulating “manumission,” the legal process by which a slave owner could free his slaves. It was an expensive thing to do, requiring slave owners to pay fees and provide certain amounts of money, materials and education for the slaves. Thus many slave owners were unwilling to bankrupt their family because of a principle. Even for Washington, financial difficulties were an obstacle to the manumission of his slaves.

Nevertheless, in his Last Will and Testament, Washington ordered that his slaves be freed upon his wife’s death and that his heirs clothe and feed those slaves who were incapable of supporting themselves due to age or infirmity. Washington personally drew up his will in July 1799 and he died in December 14, 1799. His slaves were freed in December 1800, even before his wife died,

baby steps people baby steps..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wingrider For This Useful Post:

Alias (04-10-2012)

+ Reply to Thread