Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking we can pull our gardening posts from here and start the thread we talked about.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    keyser soze's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 54x in 46 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. Well I'll give a little rundown of my spring so far. Because March was so hot it threw me off and I suspect it threw off the plants, birds etc. a bit. I was worried because only half the Herons were sitting on nests...they were courting etc but half the nests were empty. I was worried about them...what happened to them? Then about a week or so ago they showed up...now almost all the nests are occupied...not all though. Usually all of them have a couple of birds sitting in them...I'll have to do a count and see where we are.

I have lots of grass, flowering Lilac (even though one bush lost half its size in the October snow storm last year) and the various fruit trees have been blooming...the solitary bees have been doing their thing...I've seen one honeybee. The Maple trees are about half way leafed out, same with the fruit and locust, willow etc.

It's early but I keep thinking it's late. Weird.

My garden sits waiting for me...I've been busy making electric fence pastures to move my stock around with.

My perennials are starting to make a show...the ferns are up as well as the hosta, various sedums and of course the Jonquils and Daffodils...I have violets in bloom....I'm thinking about starting some veggie seeds and weeding my veggie garden.

That's my report on gardening so far. I've mowed the grass three times already and it's almost ready to mow again...my neighbor has the field ready to plant corn.

I need to burn the brush pile... :0) I like to do that after dark....

+ Reply to Thread