Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 181x in 163 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Wall Street is comfortable because of quantitative easing. That will run out. Business is not comfortable. They still don't know how bad Obamacare and other regulations will hurt them.
    Yeah, and this sluggish economy isn't going to get any better if Obama gets another term. Like Main said it will go down the $#@!ter faster is all. If Romney gets in it will just take longer, neither have what it takes to get us out of this jam or do they want to in reality.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,570x in 94,411 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that is what I have been saying. Obama and the Dems are driving the train at 100 mph over the cliff. The GOP are only trying to slow the train to 80 mph.

What difference does that make?

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    wingrider's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 789x in 646 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Yeah, and this sluggish economy isn't going to get any better if Obama gets another term. Like Main said it will go down the $#@!ter faster is all. If Romney gets in it will just take longer, neither have what it takes to get us out of this jam or do they want to in reality.
    you know Ramone.. I don't think either party has a clue on how to turn this around.. in fact I don't think if they worked in tandem and joined hands across the aisle they can stop this train wreck.. Bush started this extravagant spending, Obama doubled down, and NO ONE has the conojes to do a damn thing about it,, and if any one did it is just to late to stop it..face it America is like Humpty dumpty.

and all the kings horses and all the kings men will not put her together again..
    The eastern world, it is exploding, violence flaring bullets loading. you are old enough to kill , but not for voting, this whole crazy world is just to frustrating, and you tell me over and over and over again my friend, you don't believe we are on the EVE of DESTRUCTION.

Never approach a bull from the front, A horse from behind, or a fool from any direction.

dadakarma
    dadakarma's Avatar Guest
    Romney: Poor Mothers Should Be Required to Work Outside the Home Or Lose Welfare

In case it wasn't already clear that last week's controversy over stay at home moms was entirely manufactured, this should put the question to bed.

Romney and allies cried that Democrats had declared "war on moms" after a Democratic strategist said Romney's wife hadn't worked a day in her life. Romney's camp said this meant Democrats don't value stay at home moms and motherhood, while they believe that women who stay home are doing real work.

But for every Romney action, there is an equal and opposite Romney reaction, and this morning, MSNBC's Chris Hayes dug up a video of Romney from just January in which the Republican presidential candidate said he wanted to require women who receive welfare to work outside the home, even if their children are very young. He told a New Hampshire audience:
    "I wanted to increase the work requirement," said Romney. "I said, for instance, that even if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, 'Well that's heartless.' And I said, 'No, no, I'm willing to spend more giving day care to allow those parents to go back to work. It'll cost the state more providing that daycare, but I want the individuals to have the dignity of work."

But this is worse than hypocritical because there is a clear difference here — women who receive welfare benefits, the ones Romney wants to force to work, are poor, while Romney's wife is very wealthy. And this exactly the point CNN contributor Hillary Rosen was trying to make, inartfully, when she sparked this controversy. Ann Romney had the luxury of choosing to devote herself full time to raising her children. It's hard work, no doubt, but millions of mothers are forced to work and raise their kids at the same time, as Romney says he wants to require poor women on government benefits to do.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/8536-...r-lose-welfare

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    wingrider's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 789x in 646 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dadakarma View Post
    Romney: Poor Mothers Should Be Required to Work Outside the Home Or Lose Welfare

In case it wasn't already clear that last week's controversy over stay at home moms was entirely manufactured, this should put the question to bed.

Romney and allies cried that Democrats had declared "war on moms" after a Democratic strategist said Romney's wife hadn't worked a day in her life. Romney's camp said this meant Democrats don't value stay at home moms and motherhood, while they believe that women who stay home are doing real work.

But for every Romney action, there is an equal and opposite Romney reaction, and this morning, MSNBC's Chris Hayes dug up a video of Romney from just January in which the Republican presidential candidate said he wanted to require women who receive welfare to work outside the home, even if their children are very young. He told a New Hampshire audience:
    "I wanted to increase the work requirement," said Romney. "I said, for instance, that even if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, 'Well that's heartless.' And I said, 'No, no, I'm willing to spend more giving day care to allow those parents to go back to work. It'll cost the state more providing that daycare, but I want the individuals to have the dignity of work."

But this is worse than hypocritical because there is a clear difference here — women who receive welfare benefits, the ones Romney wants to force to work, are poor, while Romney's wife is very wealthy. And this exactly the point CNN contributor Hillary Rosen was trying to make, inartfully, when she sparked this controversy. Ann Romney had the luxury of choosing to devote herself full time to raising her children. It's hard work, no doubt, but millions of mothers are forced to work and raise their kids at the same time, as Romney says he wants to require poor women on government benefits to do.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/8536-...r-lose-welfare

we get it!!! you don't like romney
    The eastern world, it is exploding, violence flaring bullets loading. you are old enough to kill , but not for voting, this whole crazy world is just to frustrating, and you tell me over and over and over again my friend, you don't believe we are on the EVE of DESTRUCTION.

Never approach a bull from the front, A horse from behind, or a fool from any direction.

dadakarma
    dadakarma's Avatar Guest
    The hits keep comin'!

This week, Mitt Romney's former Lieutenant Governor and current adviser Kerry Healy nonchalantly acknowledged the yawning chasm separating her candidate from American women; "There's always going to be a gender gap between Republicans and Democrats."

She should know. After all, she was by Mitt's side as he made — and broke — a bevy of promises to women voters during his days in Massachusetts. And as it turns out, that long list doesn't only include his gymnastic reversal on abortion rights and shocking betrayal of Planned Parenthood. As we now know, Mitt's belief that "now mom and dad both have to work" and "I want the individuals to have the dignity of work" don't apply to well-off households like his own.

Seeking to capitalize on the manufactured flap over Hilary Rosen's offhand remark that Ann Romney "has actually never worked a day in her life," Mitt proclaimed that "all mothers are working mothers."

As it turns out, Romney's Rule is means-tested. Put another way, on Mitt's Animal Farm, some mothers are more equal than others. As he explained during his 1994 Senate run against Ted Kennedy:
    "This is a different world than it was in the 1960s when I was growing up, when you used to be able to have mom at home and dad at work. Now mom and dad both have to work."

Now, as the severely conservative and severely condescending Romney insisted in January, women who receive welfare must work outside the home, even if their children are very young:

Just not if the individual is his wife.

As Ann Romney explained in an October 1994 interview, their dignity was provided by Mitt's father George:
    "Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time."
    "The stock came from Mitt's father. When he took over American Motors, the stock was worth nothing. But he invested Mitt's birthday money year to year -- it wasn't much, a few thousand, but he put it into American Motors because he believed in himself. Five years later, stock that had been $6 a share was $96 and Mitt cashed it so we could live and pay for education."

$250 million dollars later, the dignified Mrs. Romney now claims their wealth can't be quantified. As she lectured voters in January:
    "I understand Mitt's going to release his tax forms this week. I want to remind you where our riches are: our riches are with our families," Ann Romney said. "Our riches, you can value them, in the children we have and in the grandchildren we have. So that's where our values are and that's where our heart is -- and that's where we measure our wealth."

As Rosengate reached its crescendo last week, Ann Romney explained, "My career choice was to be a mother." She then added:
    "We have to respect women in all those choices that they make."

Just not when those choices involve their own bodies and their own health. And that message to the women of America is the exact opposite of the one Mr. and Mrs. Romney sold to the women of Massachusetts.

http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/mind-the-gap

dadakarma
    dadakarma's Avatar Guest
    Ya Think???

Mitt Romney: Fox News Has Been Good To Me

During a private campaign event on Sunday in Palm Beach, Fla., GOP candidate Mitt Romney had some rather favorable words to say about Fox News.

Speaking of the media coverage his campaign has received, Romney singled out CNN host Wolf Blitzer as being a good interviewer and said, according to the Wall Street Journal, that Fox News has been good to him.

He called Fox News viewers "true believers," but said that he needed to broaden his reach to independent and female voters. According to NBC News, Romney also said, "We are behind when it comes to commentators on TV. They tend to be liberal. Where we are ahead or even is on Twitter and on the Internet."

Romney's assessment of Fox News came just days following GOP candidate Newt Gingrich attacked the news network. Gingrich said that Fox News has been "for Romney all the way through." Gingrich's comments echoed that of former GOP candidate Rick Santorum, who said that Fox News was "shelling" for Romney.

The comments made by Romney, Gingrich and Santorum are intriguing in that Romney had rather contentious relations with Fox News just some months ago. In October 2011, more than a year since Romney had appeared on a Sunday morning news show, "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace called out Romney for dodging his invitation to appear on the program. In December, Romney and his campaign complained about a particularly tough interview with Fox News host Bret Baier.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1428047.html

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    ramone's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 181x in 163 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The huff po is a great resource for intelligent and factual news. If I had a LOL smiley. I'd put it here.........:::

LLLLLLLooooooooLLLLL............right here......lllllllllllll

dadakarma
    dadakarma's Avatar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    The huff po is a great resource for intelligent and factual news. If I had a LOL smiley. I'd put it here.........:::

LLLLLLLooooooooLLLLL............right here......lllllllllllll
    And if you could REFUTE what the Huffpo article was saying, you'd do that....right here...

But you didn't. Because you can't. But here - I have a smiley just for you: :jackoff:

dadakarma
    dadakarma's Avatar Guest
    Etch-A-Sketch: Romney No Longer Believes AZ Immigration Law a 'Model for the Country'

You know the Romney campaign is worried about whether they're going to be able to break out the Etch A Sketch successfully and erase everything Mitt Romney was saying about immigration policy during the Republican primary when they're bringing out the likes of Bay Buchanan to scream to the hills that Romney's not a flip flopper.

Buchanan appeared on Wednesday evening's Anderson Cooper 360 on CNN to tout the current campaign talking point that Mitt Romney really does not believe that Arizona's SB 1070 should be a model for the country. She and the campaign are claiming that what Romney was really talking about during the Republican debate last February, was E-Verify..
    Here's what Mitt Romney actually said during that debate on CNN in February:
    KING: Governor Romney, the border security is part of the equation, what to do about whether it's 8 million or 11 million illegal immigrants in the country now is another part of the equation. And Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who's with us tonight from Maricopa County -- he's in the audience -- he told me -- he told me this week here in Mesa -- these are his words -- "it's called political garbage, if you will, to not arrest illegals already in this country."

You've talked to the governor about self-deportation, if businesses do their job, asking for the right documents, the people will leave. What about arresting? Should there be aggressive, seek them out, find them and arrest them as the Sheriff Arpaio advocates?

ROMNEY: You know, I think you see a model in Arizona. They passed a law here that says -- that says that people who come here and try and find work, that the employer is required to look them up on e- verify. This e-verify system allows employers in Arizona to know who's here legally and who's not here legally.

And as a result of e-verify being put in place, the number of people in Arizona that are here illegally has dropped by some 14 percent, where the national average has only gone down 7 percent. So going back to the question that was asked, the right course for America is to drop these lawsuits against Arizona and other states that are trying to do the job Barack Obama isn't doing.

And I will drop those lawsuits on day one. I'll also complete the fence.
    I'll make sure we have enough border patrol agents to secure the fence. And I will make sure we have an E-Verify system and require employers to check the documents of workers, and to check E- Verify. And if an employer hires someone that has not gone through E- Verify, they're going to get sanctioned just like they do for not paying their taxes.

You do that, and just as Arizona is finding out, you can stop illegal immigration. It's time we finally did it.

If Romney doesn't support the Arizona law, why did he say he wanted the law suit against it dropped? And why did he think it was a good idea to take on an extremist like Kris Kobach for an adviser?
    The rest:

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...-statement-ari

+ Reply to Thread