Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 212x in 138 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obamacare- a personal perspective

I have an HSA (Health Savings Account). For those of you who may not be familiar, this is a savings account for pre-tax dollars to use on your personal health costs. Since the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), the following has occurred:
    1. Co-pays have more than doubled
    2. Supplements and vitamins are not covered at all
    3. Certain prescribed drugs (like a testosterone) are not covered
    So for me it costs more and covers less (using my own money)

Not a good trade off.
    Last edited by killianr1; 07-03-2014 at 05:40 PM. Reason: grammar

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to killianr1 For This Useful Post:

Mainecoons (07-03-2014),Peter1469 (07-03-2014),Redrose (07-03-2014)

Matty
    Matty's Avatar Guest
    The Republicans, who you speak so Ill of wanted to put forth health savings accounts. Just so you know.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Matty For This Useful Post:

darroll (07-03-2014)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Redrose's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,463x in 4,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matalese View Post
    The Republicans, who you speak so Ill of wanted to put forth health savings accounts. Just so you know.
    Health savings accounts are fine, for many people, not for all. The ACA has upset everything in the healthcare system. Premiums, co-pays, prostheses, drugs, deductibles have all skyrocketed. Wait times are unacceptable, and dangerously long. Red tape is taking valuable time away from patient care. Limited medical care dollars are creating a rationing system, the very young and the very old are not seeing the best of our health care system. Treatments are being denied at an alarming rate, the appeals process is a farce. When you are ill, especially with a cancer, time is your enemy. It shouldn't be your government.

It made no sense from the beginning. There was no possible way adding 30-40 million people to the system, some with a pre-existing condition, many paying nothing in premiums in MEDICAID and expect the carriers to keep prices unchanged, now THAT is delusional.
    Last edited by Redrose; 07-03-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    exotix's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,534x in 7,660 Posts
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by killianr1 View Post
    I have an HSA (Health Savings Account). For those of you who may not be familiar, this is a savings account for pre-tax dollars to use on your personal health costs. Since the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), the following has occurred:
    1. Co-pays have more than doubled
    2. Supplements and vitamins are not covered at all
    3. Certain prescribed drugs (like a testosterone) are not covered
    So for me it costs more and covers less (using my own money)

Not a good trade off.
    Way back in November of 2009 was the first of many GOP filibusters, obstructions and extortion's that started with Obamacare ... and this is when they found out how to legislate as jihadists ...

What happened ?

Hint:

Matty
    Matty's Avatar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrose View Post
    Health savings accounts are fine, for many people, not for all. The ACA has upset everything in the healthcare system. Premiums, co-pays, prostheses, drugs, deductibles have all skyrocketed. Wait times are unacceptable, and dangerously long. Red tape is taking valuable time away from patient care. Limited medical care dollars are creating a rationing system, the very young and the very old are not seeing the best of our health care system. Treatments are being denied at an alarming rate, the appeals process is a farce. When you are ill, especially with a cancer, time is your enemy. It shouldn't be your government.

It made no sense from the beginning. There was no possible way adding 30-40 million people to the system, some with a pre-existing condition, many paying nothing in premiums in MEDICAID and expect the carriers to keep prices unchanged, now THAT is delusional.
    Give a great big shout out to all the Obama voters.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Professor Peabody's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,385x in 1,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me explain why the Democrats are up for another hammering like they got in 2010. I waited till the end of March to sign up for Obama Care, I had no choice. As of January 1st this year California cancelled it's Medically Indigent program. When I was hospitalized in 2013 the program was still in place, I provided them with all my income, assets and liabilities. They used a formula and came up a cost I could afford. Now if I don't have insurance I would be responsible for the whole amount. So I purchased an Obama Care plan. I live in the mountains and 45 miles from the flatlanders cities. We have a Hospital and three medical groups in the area, one large and two small. I checked and double checked to make sure the plan I chose was good at the Hospital AND the large medical group (more choices). From April first till now I've been paying my premium and decided the system must have settled down by now and made an appointment with the Big Medical Group. I met with the financial counselor, gave him all my insurance and personal info. He made an appointment for me with a doctor accepting new patients. The day of the appointment, I showed up with a bag of meds and vitamins in one hand and and the health history toilet paper form in the other. I was shown the door because as of 3 days before they no longer accept the plan I bought. The local Hospital accepts my plan but since 99% of the doctors that practice there and bill separately don't because they are large group Docs that no longer take the insurance I bought. If I was hospitalized in my local hospital, my Obama care insurance would cover the hospital cost, but I'd have to pay 50% of the doctors bill as they are "out of network". In order to switch to another plan I'll have to wait till November open enrollment and January 1st to use it while paying premiums on a plan I can't use. The next closest Hospital 45 miles away presents the exact same circumstances. No wonder the Republican stopped talking about Obama Care, they don't need to, it's a minefield of additional out of network costs that threatens to blow your wallet to pieces with one mis-step. Obama Care is going to destroy the Democrats in November.
    Last edited by Professor Peabody; 07-03-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    We must have the clarity of vision to see the difference between what is essential and what is merely desirable, and then the courage to bring our government back under control and make it acceptable to the people. - Ronald Reagan, 1980 Nomination Acceptance Speech

+ Reply to Thread