User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama Calls For Thorough and Vigorous Investigation of Secret Service.....

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Vilifier of Zombies's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 134x in 117 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's stupid is all...

Okay by some folks that the Secret Service and the military Presidential detail should be held to a higher standard, I don't think it's the end of the world or that John Q. Public should lose any sleep over whether or not the geeky AV dweeb went out and got himself a hooker while on TDY...

The media needs to find a way to police itself post haste before this type $#@! gets out of hand.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilifier of Zombies View Post
    It's stupid is all...

Okay by some folks that the Secret Service and the military Presidential detail should be held to a higher standard, I don't think it's the end of the world or that John Q. Public should lose any sleep over whether or not the geeky AV dweeb went out and got himself a hooker while on TDY...

The media needs to find a way to police itself post haste before this type $#@! gets out of hand.
    So what type of issues should be reported on. $#@! like the the Florida shooting? Or should they just be pointing out these things when Republicans are in Office? You know, make it simple kinda simple for them. Right?
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    So what type of issues should be reported on. $#@! like the the Florida shooting? Or should they just be pointing out these things when Republicans are in Office? You know, make it simple kinda simple for them. Right?
    It's not what they're reporting on but how...every nuanced non/semi quasi story has been getting blown out of proportion lately, how many people have been murdered since Zimmerman shot that kid? They're all for the most part, none stories on the national stage...interjecting something that'd polarize racial tensions - an election year - I don't even think we've even begun to bear the brunt of the full power of the media yet, I feel that it lacks all kinds of integrity, that it's less credible.

If the thinking is about Republican vs Democrat just because a Democrat was in office at the time then I can only imagine that politicizing what had happened will only backfire in a way that most people won't expect. I've known a few Secret Service guys for a long time now, one of 'em is even up there in the ole food chain, all of 'em that I know are about as conservative as it gets, I mean they're staunchly conservative, they'd make most tea baggers blush they're so conservative...doesn't mean they don't drink or haven't partook in the occasional hooker when they're traveling. I wouldn't for a second equate what they do in their off time as being relevant towards their political ideologies, if it does become about Republican vs Democrat, that if it's forced, a lot of people are gonna end up looking foolish.

You were in the Army, think of all the stupid $#@! that's gone on in the barracks after the end of day formation, think of all the joes that've went to the brothels in Germany for a power lunch - would that be any more or less scandalous? You ask me I think it's all a $#@!'n distraction, it stopped being about current events or even entertainment awhile back.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thats understandable. My only concern is that playing on how others see Americans. Still once the Media announced underage girls I figured we would hear more as the Republicans need any and all dirt they can use against Obama. But now of course Obama has spoken on that matter and Panetta has Jumped on Board. So he will be about making an example of some people.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the shootings I know.....Check out Chicago's Stats on that.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thats understandable. My only concern is that playing on how others see Americans. Still once the Media announced underage girls I figured we would hear more as the Republicans need any and all dirt they can use against Obama. But now of course Obama has spoken on that matter and Panetta has Jumped on Board. So he will be about making an example of some people.
    When talking about the age of consent, in Columbia it's fourteen...my question then is, is the media announcing our standards or those of the Columbians? If it's ours and not the Columbians, that if in Columbia they aren't exactly considered underage - a when in Rome train of thought - then it should just be buried under the rug, more so that prostitution in Columbia is legal.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When talking about the age of consent, in Columbia it's fourteen...my question then is, is the media announcing our standards or those of the Columbians? If it's ours and not the Columbians, that if in Columbia they aren't exactly considered underage - a when in Rome train of thought - then it should just be buried under the rug, more so that prostitution in Columbia is legal.
    Thats what i said in my post. #18.....

Pannetta has jumped on board going after the Military peeps. Saying the DOD will be looking into the matter. Althougth this morning this situation just got worse for the Secret Service. As now it is being brought out that these guys went to a strip club and brought the girls back to the hotel. Yet more importantly what those in the West are focusing upon. Is that some of the girls were underaged. According to how we would determine it.

As in Colombia Not much is said about teenage girls stripping and or prostituting themsleves out.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what i said in my post. #18.....

Pannetta has jumped on board going after the Military peeps. Saying the DOD will be looking into the matter. Althougth this morning this situation just got worse for the Secret Service. As now it is being brought out that these guys went to a strip club and brought the girls back to the hotel. Yet more importantly what those in the West are focusing upon. Is that some of the girls were underaged. According to how we would determine it.

As in Colombia Not much is said about teenage girls stripping and or prostituting themsleves out.
    Alright, it's politics as usual then, I still think we haven't even begun to see the worst of the media frenzy this election cycle has to offer, as soon as this episode fades away into obscurity, it'll only be replaced with something just as petty.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, it's politics as usual then, I still think we haven't even begun to see the worst of the media frenzy this election cycle has to offer, as soon as this episode fades away into obscurity, it'll only be replaced with something just as petty.
    Of that we can be assured.

+ Reply to Thread