Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77x in 68 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Surely you jest! Romney is a closet liberal. Both talk all the time about what if elected government can do for you. As Reagan put it, "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
    Ronnie Raygun promised to balance the budget in his first four years. He never submitted one single balanced budget in eight years, and almost tripled the national debt. Raygun was a politician for twenty years before becoming POTUS. Raygun hosted the Taliban in the White House, calling them "Freedom fighters" and gave them a half billion dollars worth of war machine to terrorize the Ruskies with. He also sold chemical weapons to Saddam Hussein, which Saddam used on his own people. Raygun also went behind the back of congress and the American people and bought cocaine from Noriega, sold it and used the profits to give weapons to Nicaraguan rebels. It was called Iran/Contra. Raygun should have been imprisoned for treason.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,911x in 54,724 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gophangover View Post
    Ronnie Raygun promised to balance the budget in his first four years. He never submitted one single balanced budget in eight years, and almost tripled the national debt. Raygun was a politician for twenty years before becoming POTUS. Raygun hosted the Taliban in the White House, calling them "Freedom fighters" and gave them a half billion dollars worth of war machine to terrorize the Ruskies with. He also sold chemical weapons to Saddam Hussein, which Saddam used on his own people. Raygun also went behind the back of congress and the American people and bought cocaine from Noriega, sold it and used the profits to give weapons to Nicaraguan rebels. It was called Iran/Contra. Raygun should have been imprisoned for treason.
    Seems you missed the point. I'd still vote for Reagan's rhetoric over Romney's or Obama's. Only good President we ever had was Goldwater, and he lost the election. Now you can mudsling slogans at him.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 924
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    gophangover's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77x in 68 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Seems you missed the point. I'd still vote for Reagan's rhetoric over Romney's or Obama's. Only good President we ever had was Goldwater, and he lost the election. Now you can mudsling slogans at him.
    Since he never was POTUS it's rather pointless. Wish in one hand and chit in the other, and see which one fills up.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since he never was POTUS it's rather pointless. Wish in one hand and chit in the other, and see which one fills up.

Oh is that like the Demos theory about $#@! rolling down hill.....but then forgot about it backing up and overflowing, stinking up all places that it runs off to?
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    annata's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 36x in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning Annata, good to see you.
    there is a choice, ( and thanks for the good morning -back at ya) and not to buy into the 2 party system.
    My first vote was for McGovern in '72 ( me and like 4 other ppl in the US -LOL), and I've always voted for Dem's -not out of reflex -but out of the 2 choices.
    I think i even voted for Carter 2x -despite the "misery index" of 1980. I liked what he did with the Sinai ( Begin and Sadat)

I can't reply to your individual quotes, since i'm pressed for time, but i largely agree - Obama will get his fair share of PAC money too.
    ( as to your point "all Repub money comes from PAC.)

He's lost me; this is the guy who CLAIMS he was agianst going into Iraq -so what does he do? Escalate AffPak
    ( he even tried to stay in Iraq past the SOFA agreement Bush timeline, until al_Malaki, and al_Sadr told him "you stay, you're under Iraqi law.").

I won't go into his freaking drones, but he's damaged what little good faith there existed between Paki and the west.

I find him unbelieveable, governing by convenience - whatever today's campaign slogan is about.
    I'm also a Federalist, and find the use of the Commerce Clause for the HC mandate, a hyper-extension,
    that HOPEFULLY SCOTUS ( which allowed Gonzalez v Raich) will finally see a limitation on the ICCLause.

He cannot conceive of the idea of curbing any spending - supply side is worthless - but there are limits to Keynesianism too - when our debt is growing with unfunded mandates.

The only credit i'll give him is "the lessor of 2 evils". I'm tired of it, i'm in a swing state ; and neither "side" is getting my vote.
    Because I have absolute nada confidence from the duopoly. I realize i'm tilting at windmills here, but that's what im reduced to doing.
    No way, no how will I vote for these same old hyperpolarized politicians
    the republican sheep will continue to vote for their same stupid politicians, and the democrat sheep will continue to vote for their same stupid politicians. And the INDEPENDENT voters only have the choice to vote for one of those to A holes or waste their vote on a third party candidate who doesn't have a chance because their aren't enough revolutionary voters to vote the two parties out of power, even though the majority of this country is sick of them.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by annata; 04-19-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77x in 68 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    there is a choice, ( and thanks for the good morning -back at ya) and not to buy into the 2 party system.
    My first vote was for McGovern in '72 ( me and like 4 other ppl in the US -LOL), and I've always voted for Dem's -not out of reflex -but out of the 2 choices.
    I think i even voted for Carter 2x -despite the "misery index" of 1980. I liked what he did with the Sinai ( Begin and Sadat)

I can't reply to your individual quotes, since i'm pressed for time, but i largely agree - Obama will get his fair share of PAC money too.
    ( as to your point "all Repub money comes from PAC.)

He's lost me; this is the guy who CLAIMS he was agianst going into Iraq -so what does he do? Escalate AffPak
    ( he even tried to stay in Iraq past the SOFA agreement Bush timeline, until al_Malaki, and al_Sadr told him "you stay, you're under Iraqi law.").

I won't go into his freaking drones, but he's damaged what little good faith there existed between Paki and the west.

I find him unbelieveable, governing by convenience - whatever today's campaign slogan is about.
    I'm also a Federalist, and find the use of the Commerce Clause for the HC mandate, a hyper-extension,
    that HOPEFULLY SCOTUS ( which allowed Gonzalez v Raich) will finally see a limitation on the ICCLause.

He cannot conceive of the idea of curbing any spending - supply side is worthless - but there are limits to Keynesianism too - when our debt is growing with unfunded mandates.

The only credit i'll give him is "the lessor of 2 evils". I'm tired of it, i'm in a swing state ; and neither "side" is getting my vote.
    Because I have absolute nada confidence from the duopoly. I realize i'm tilting at windmills here, but that's what im reduced to doing.
    No way, no how will I vote for these same old hyperpolarized politicians
    the republican sheep will continue to vote for their same stupid politicians, and the democrat sheep will continue to vote for their same stupid politicians. And the INDEPENDENT voters only have the choice to vote for one of those to A holes or waste their vote on a third party candidate who doesn't have a chance because their aren't enough revolutionary voters to vote the two parties out of power, even though the majority of this country is sick of them.
    [/QUOTE]

I voted for Nader the last four times. If the voters would have made him POTUS in the 2000 election, we would still have a balanced budget today, and the national debt would have been paid off with the $300 billion annual surplus Clinton gave us. That would have made everyones taxes a half trillion a year less, because the interest on the national debt is $500 billion per year now. And we wouldn't have lost $3 trillion in the Iraq war. America would still have global credibility, health care would be affordable, the economic collapse wouldn't have happened, renewable energy would be much more advanced, and both parties would be well on their way to becoming extinct. Sigh...oh well.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    annata's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 36x in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted for Nader the last four times. If the voters would have made him POTUS in the 2000 election, we would still have a balanced budget today, and the national debt would have been paid off with the $300 billion annual surplus Clinton gave us. That would have made everyones taxes a half trillion a year less, because the interest on the national debt is $500 billion per year now. And we wouldn't have lost $3 trillion in the Iraq war. America would still have global credibility, health care would be affordable, the economic collapse wouldn't have happened, renewable energy would be much more advanced, and both parties would be well on their way to becoming extinct. Sigh...oh well.
    Can't change the world, only can change what we do. I'm not an activist anymore - i did my protesting for Vietnam - the US is a war based country -maybe we learned to coolit -but i doubt it, one of the "other posters" ( sorry I'm new, and don't know all the usernames that well yet) mentioned something about Clinton trying to intervene in Syria -maybe we're already doing so.

Point is we're addicted to war/oil; and "wars for oil" we might eventually learn something, but it is what it is.

For me? personal liberation, some sense of satisfaction i'm not supporting this corrupted system.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Achievements:
    OFBUACMKA's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 17x in 17 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Point is we're addicted to war/oil; and "wars for oil" we might eventually learn something, but it is what it is.

Sigh..the old slogans make me so nostalgic. Where did we get any oil for going to war?

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OFBUACMKA View Post

Sigh..the old slogans make me so nostalgic. Where did we get any oil for going to war?
    Well Myself.....I thought it was coming out of Canada as we sell anything we pump out of the ground.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77x in 68 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did we get any oil for going to war?
    That was the GOP plan in Iraq. Everybody keeps asking, "what did we win?" The best laid plans.......

+ Reply to Thread