User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kiss the Latino Vote Goodbye, Mittens!

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    OFBUACMKA's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 17x in 17 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
    Question: Does anyone here think that granting amnesty without getting control of illegal immigration is a good idea? Is it OK with you for politicians to get elected by doing so?

Do any of you understand Mexican immigration law and how tough they are on illegals and people who work without the required FM2 Visa? Is it OK with you that Mexico wants you to take millions of illegal immigrants while they have far tougher immigration laws?

Just curious.
    Excellant point. One has to wonder why our laws aren't just as strict.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Question: Does anyone here think that granting amnesty without getting control of illegal immigration is a good idea? Is it OK with you for politicians to get elected by doing so?
    No and No.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    BlackAsCoal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 47x in 39 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post

Do any of you understand Mexican immigration law and how tough they are on illegals and people who work without the required FM2 Visa? Is it OK with you that Mexico wants you to take millions of illegal immigrants while they have far tougher immigration laws?

Just curious.
    I don't think I've ever read or heard anyone who advocates for wide open borders. However, there are millions of Latinos already here in this country and they do not wish to be treated like a disease.

In both Arizona and here in Georgia, the passage of draconian immigration laws have dramatically hurt business. The governor of Georgia tried to force prison inmates to do the work that immigrants once did before passage of such laws .. but the inmates refused .. the work was too difficult.

Laws like that passed in Arizone has galvanized Latino voting power and strength. The point of this thread was about that power and strength.

How do you reconcile the "wet foot" law that covers Cubans .. which makes them citizens the moment they step on these shores .. with the "wetback" law that covers Latinos .. which makes them a problem as soon as they step on American soil.

I think what is being sought is sanity and balance.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackAsCoal For This Useful Post:

Mainecoons (04-24-2012)

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Achievements:
    OFBUACMKA's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 17x in 17 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    I don't think I've ever read or heard anyone who advocates for wide open borders. However, there are millions of Latinos already here in this country and they do not wish to be treated like a disease.

In both Arizona and here in Georgia, the passage of draconian immigration laws have dramatically hurt business. The governor of Georgia tried to force prison inmates to do the work that immigrants once did before passage of such laws .. but the inmates refused .. the work was too difficult.

Laws like that passed in Arizone has galvanized Latino voting power and strength. The point of this thread was about that power and strength.

How do you reconcile the "wet foot" law that covers Cubans .. which makes them citizens the moment they step on these shores .. with the "wetback" law that covers Latinos .. which makes them a problem as soon as they step on American soil.

The inmates refused...PRICELESS...

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=13863

(meme alert) "Illegal" is not a race. (end meme alert) Despite what groups like "La Raza" say.

If SB-1070 has "galvanized Latino voting power and strength" so be it. If they are legally allowed to vote, they should.

The point of this thread was hardly about power and strength - if it was, it was poorly titled.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    BlackAsCoal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 47x in 39 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OFBUACMKA View Post
    The inmates refused...PRICELESS...

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=13863

(meme alert) "Illegal" is not a race. (end meme alert) Despite what groups like "La Raza" say.

If SB-1070 has "galvanized Latino voting power and strength" so be it. If they are legally allowed to vote, they should.

The point of this thread was hardly about power and strength - if it was, it was poorly titled.
    YES, the inmates refused.

Alabama Official Suggests Using Prisoners As Farm Workers After Immigration Law Scares Away Laborers

After Georgia passed its harsh immigration law in the spring, the state lost about 11,000 agricultural workers, and farmers were left with their crops rotting in the field because they did not have enough laborers to pick everything. One solution the state tried was to have people on probation and out of work fill in as an opportunity for them to learn some job skills. But the program only had mixed results, with many inmates walking off the job early.

---

Last summer in Georgia, which also passed an anti-immigra­tion law, Republican Gov. Nathan Deal started a pro­gram to offer fieldwork to probationers at minimum wage. During the first two days of the program, the pro­bationers picking cucumbers couldn’t keep up with their Latino counterparts and had all quit by mid-afternoon.

##

I can only account for my interpretation .. but the title of this thread sure as hell sounds like power and strength to me brother.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was young they had chain-gangs. Most didn't want to end up back in prison. These days just the opposite.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,769
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post

Good post and I agree.

+ Reply to Thread