User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: BREAKING: Internet video reports to show beheading of US reporter Steven Sotloff

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,430
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Codename Section's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,845x in 7,281 Posts
    Mentioned
    983 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Yes, but at the end of the day, the government would get sued to death if domestic innocents got killed by officially sanctioned vigilantes hell bent on destruction, whereas no one in Iraq or Afghanistan could really do much other than complain and grieve if opportunistic behavior took place. They simply don't have the legal framework, the wealth or litigious predilection to do so.
    Why do you think it would be vigilantes hell bent on destruction?

Community response teams would be looking prior to it happening. The vigilantes would happen regardless if the state did it or communities. Look at 911 and its aftermath.

The world is not staying the same. Giving government the power alone under the belief that they can be everywhere will empower them to be everywhere and I think the greater danger is in an all powerful state than community empowerment.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,252
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Codename Section View Post
    Why do you think it would be vigilantes hell bent on destruction?

Community response teams would be looking prior to it happening. The vigilantes would happen regardless if the state did it or communities. Look at 911 and its aftermath.

The world is not staying the same. Giving government the power alone under the belief that they can be everywhere will empower them to be everywhere and I think the greater danger is in an all powerful state than community empowerment.
    Simply because there are some people whom, without the consequence of the law, actually would just start killing people. Yes there is that much hate out there and the only thing that prevents them from killing is the prospect of spending the rest of their lives in jail or execution
    When you hear people refer to other ethnicities as vermin, scum and feral, there is no question that they do not regard these ethnicities as people, but animals and that certainly some would have no qualms about simply killing, just as sixty years ago or more, some people had no qualms and no regrets about lynching, shooting and tormenting black people. People who dehumanize other people don't actually feel that they are committing murder. The nature of people hasn't changed that much in the last 60 years. Given the opportunity, these people would take the opportunity to rid their communities of as many as possible. They may stop short of killing women and children, but males would be open targets. If they needed to provide some sort of rationale, they would simply plant dynamite or weapons on their victims.

I have no illusions about the nature of people. From the Christian crowds that gathered to cheer the executions of Marie Antoinette, Louis XVI et al to those Islamists who would relish the public beheading of prisoners in the middle east, or the extermination of thousands of infidels, people can be vicious and unforgiving.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Animal Mother's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,471x in 1,621 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The government doesn't think of you as people, either. They are more viscious in a way because they don't even hate you. You're just expendable.

Work for DOD or an intel agency and you'll see just what they think of you. An extremist has a code and can be reasoned with. The government thinks only of the end game.

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
    The government doesn't think of you as people, either. They are more viscious in a way because they don't even hate you. You're just expendable.

Work for DOD or an intel agency and you'll see just what they think of you. An extremist has a code and can be reasoned with. The government thinks only of the end game.
    Why would you think that extremists have any code at all, after all they are just haters, and they are unlikely to reveal to you that they are off on their own frolic? You would actually have to catch them at it, which in a situation of mass panic would be difficult to discover because they would have confederates who would cover for them.

I'm not condoning the government and the way that they treat the military, but the military has no ability to sue the government for policy decisions. No one can question policy decisions, but they can question non-policy decisions and allowing civilian militias to target people as they see fit most certainly would be called into question, when they can put government controlled soldiers on the ground.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Animal Mother's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,471x in 1,621 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you think that extremists have any code at all, after all they are just haters, and they are unlikely to reveal to you that they are off on their own frolic? You would actually have to catch them at it, which in a situation of mass panic would be difficult to discover because they would have confederates who would cover for them.
    I have to go but I've met extremists here and abroad and I've worked with the CIA.

Give me some backwater Taliban $#@! or Westboro Baptist any day over those $#@!s.

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to go but I've met extremists here and abroad and I've worked with the CIA.

Give me some backwater Taliban $#@! or Westboro Baptist any day over those $#@!s.
    I suppose that there are extremists and EXTREMISTS. The extremists probably don't have any particular code, except women and children, they just want to kill sand n*****s.

Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,430
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Codename Section's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,845x in 7,281 Posts
    Mentioned
    983 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose that there are extremists and EXTREMISTS. The extremists probably don't have any particular code, except women and children, they just want to kill sand n*****s.
    Naw, our extremists are nothing. They talk a lot but they're not eating hearts. I agree with devil. The CIA people are cold as ice. I can respect the extremist more than someone who thinks of people as numbers. With AQ I had a worthy adversary who cared about religion and something beyond himself. Not so true from the agency.

And on that note since they're probably reading (hi guys--I'm just kidding) I'll go to sleep.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,097
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,102x in 10,784 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a load of utter bull$#@! alert

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,097
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,102x in 10,784 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Codename Section View Post
    Naw, our extremists are nothing. They talk a lot but they're not eating hearts. I agree with devil. The CIA people are cold as ice. I can respect the extremist more than someone who thinks of people as numbers. With AQ I had a worthy adversary who cared about religion and something beyond himself. Not so true from the agency.

And on that note since they're probably reading (hi guys--I'm just kidding) I'll go to sleep.
    Many of them probably attended private school, CS.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,640
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    texan's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,791x in 3,870 Posts
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just so awful that anyone could even perform an act such as this, not to mention saying it is in the name of God
    I am tired of everyone fighting with each other. This is all by design.

+ Reply to Thread