Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,060x in 14,361 Posts
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Anyone who reads the conservatives on this site, or any other, knows the sky is always falling for them. Being honest with oneself is impossible in their world. Whine on righties.

For the interested reader check this out:

"Which are the arguments and how many are there? I must have an inbred urge toward symmetry. In canvassing for the principal ways of criticizing, assaulting, and ridiculing the three successive "progressive" thrusts of Marshall's story, I have come up with another triad: that is, with three principal reactive-reactionary theses, which I call the perversity thesis or thesis of the perverse effect, the futility thesis, and the jeopardy thesis. According to the perversity thesis, any purposive action to improve some feature of the political, social, or economic order only serves to exacerbate the condition one wishes to remedy. The futility thesis holds that attempts at social transformation will be unavailing, that they will simply fail to "make a dent." Finally, the jeopardy thesis argues that the cost of the proposed change or reform is too high as it endangers some previous, precious accomplishment." Albert Hirschman 'The Rhetoric of Reaction'

"Conservatives thrive on a world filled with mysterious evil and unfathomable hatreds, where good is always on the defensive and time is a precious commodity in the cosmic race against corruption and decline." Corey Robin 'The Reactionary Mind'
    I know the left never uses Fear as a tactic

Those darn right wingers.

They are going to take your Social Security, Welfare, Disability.

The right wants you to die instead of get healthcare.

Climate change! It goes on, and on, and on? OH! Wait that is the Democrats.

$#@!! Where is that darn Program so I can see which side these people are on!

PS the Republicans do it too, Gun Control, taxes. ect! Same $#@! different day.

But very few are willing to admit that both sides are the same

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,555x in 94,403 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both sides use fear tactics. The left does it more completely and better. They don't really have a real record to run on, so I guess they have to run on fear.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Both sides use fear tactics. The left does it more completely and better. They don't really have a real record to run on, so I guess they have to run on fear.
    The right does a good job with economic fear tactics, terrorism and $#@! like that. Don't sell those guys short either.
    my junk is ugly

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    The right does a good job with economic fear tactics, terrorism and $#@! like that. Don't sell those guys short either.
    I agree with terrorism. Not economics. At least the fiscal cons. They know what they are talking about.

The big question with economic collapse is just how much can the USD take while it is the world reserve currency? Nobody knows. But it will crack at some level of debt- that is certain. If the USD ceased being a world currency today, the USD would drop to zero over night.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,898x in 54,716 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The problem is dichotomizing everything into right and left. It's too simplistic.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (09-16-2014)

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,430
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Codename Section's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,845x in 7,281 Posts
    Mentioned
    983 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong bit hasn't our left wing president held on to the all the right wing freedom killing reactions 9/11? Isn't he hunting down a whistleblower who had the nerve to tell us we were spied upon by our own government
    You're not wrong. You have to understand that Midcan and Cigar are extreme partisans and stick their head in the sand when it comes to anything related to Democrats.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Codename Section For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (09-11-2014)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the problem. The people who have not figured out that the establishment of both parties are two sides of the same coin are funny to watch. They are like babies failing at the things hanging over their cribs. Someday they will grow up.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,665
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Libhater's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,036x in 767 Posts
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Codename Section View Post
    You're not wrong. You have to understand that Midcan and Cigar are extreme partisans and stick their head in the sand when it comes to anything related to Democrats.
    Yes they are extreme, and I will do everything in my power of one to help stick their heads even further into the quicksand of no return. Not everyone can be a non-partisan like myself, don't you know.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further proof the right does not change. This was excerpted in a book I am contributing to the library, but I hope to gain access to the full article. It amazes me still how the right has not changed in fifty years - fifty years - rather mind boggling isn't it. I'll have to quote some more to show how little has changed in an ideology that has never accomplished a blessed thing. Nothing.

"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2009/...eamers_14.html

Barth, Alan. 1961. "Report on the Rampageous Right." New York Times Magazine, November 26.

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,898x in 54,716 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Further proof the right does not change. This was excerpted in a book I am contributing to the library, but I hope to gain access to the full article. It amazes me still how the right has not changed in fifty years - fifty years - rather mind boggling isn't it. I'll have to quote some more to show how little has changed in an ideology that has never accomplished a blessed thing. Nothing.

"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2009/...eamers_14.html

Barth, Alan. 1961. "Report on the Rampageous Right." New York Times Magazine, November 26.

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/

Right, the right is stuck on principles, while the left is ever changing.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

+ Reply to Thread