User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Aliens 2012.....

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you mind backing that up with some biblical reference? interesting.

Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the Puma Punku (sp?) for a bit last nite and one thing i noticed, did you?? The camera angles. The photographers shot those stones as if they were monstrous but i suspect that they are not. Of course there was one or two quick scenes where they had to have a human in there doing something 'scientific'. I was rather disappointed in them. Did you notice this?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Glad to have you in on the discussion. Take your time with the videos as of course their narration explains much better than I can. Even if what they say is true. Other than exterrestials being mistaken as Gods. What would change about the Creator of ALL Things?

I don't think the Sumerians were related at all.

I will be putting up some of their newer episodes. I believe Wingrider had some material up on the Sumerians in the other thread.
    Have you considered the possibility that ets are not ets at all but demonic in nature? It's no more outlandish than an ET...welll, in my opinion.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Would you mind backing that up with some biblical reference? interesting.
    Genesis 1:27.

Edit: if you are asking why I think the passage should be interpreted the way I describe I am basing my opinion on what it meant to be "in the image of god" in the cognitive environment of the ANE. I don't believe biblical language can be interpreted apart from the wider cultural context of the ANE.
    Last edited by Mister D; 05-25-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Genesis 1:27.

Edit: if you are asking why I think the passage should be interpreted the way I describe I am basing my opinion on what it meant to be "in the image of god" in the cognitive environment of the ANE. I don't believe biblical language can be interpreted apart from the wider cultural context of the ANE.
    yes. i guess that was what i was wondering about. i'm familiar with the passage i thought perhaps there was something else that i had missed. still, i'm not quite sure what you mean. you're saying that man is not precisely in God's image meaning resembling God in his physical characteristics but rather in his qualities? I can handle that considering Ezekial and Revelation. I appreciate you directing my attention to it.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 05-25-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the Puma Punku (sp?) for a bit last nite and one thing i noticed, did you?? The camera angles. The photographers shot those stones as if they were monstrous but i suspect that they are not. Of course there was one or two quick scenes where they had to have a human in there doing something 'scientific'. I was rather disappointed in them. Did you notice this?

The largest of these stone blocks is 7.81 meters long, 5.17 meters wide, averages 1.07 meters thick, and is estimated to weigh about 131 metric tons. The second largest stone block found within the Pumapunka is 7.90 meters long, 2.50 meters wide, and averages 1.86 meters thick. Its weight has been estimated to be 85.21 metric tons. Both of these stone blocks are part of the Plataforma Lítica and composed of red sandstone.[4] Based upon detailed petrographic and chemical analyses of samples from both individual stones and known quarry sites, archaeologists concluded that these and other red sandstone blocks were transported up a steep incline from a quarry near Lake Titicaca roughly 10 km away. Smaller andesite blocks that were used for stone facing and carvings came from quarries within the Copacabana Peninsula about 90 km away from and across Lake Titicaca from the Pumapunka and the rest of the Tiwanaku Site.[2][4]

Archaeologists argue that the transport of these stones was accomplished by the large labor force of ancient Tiwanaku. Several theories have been proposed as to how this labor force transported the stones although these theories remain speculative. Two of the more common proposals involve the use of llama skin ropes and the use of ramps and inclined planes.[8]

In assembling the walls of Pumapunku, each stone was finely cut to interlock with the surrounding stones and the blocks fit together like a puzzle, forming load-bearing joints without the use of mortar. One common engineering technique involves cutting the top of the lower stone at a certain angle, and placing another stone on top of it which was cut at the same angle.[3] The precision with which these angles have been utilized to create flush joints is indicative of a highly sophisticated knowledge of stone-cutting and a thorough understanding of descriptive geometry.[5] Many of the joints are so precise that not even a razor blade will fit between the stones.[9] Much of the masonry is characterized by accurately cut rectilinear blocks of such uniformity that they could be interchanged for one another while maintaining a level surface and even joints. The blocks were so precisely cut as to suggest the possibility of prefabrication and mass production, technologies far in advance of the Tiwanaku’s Incan successors hundreds of years later.[8] Tiwanaku engineers were also adept at developing a civic infrastructure at this complex, constructing functional irrigation systems, hydraulic mechanisms, and waterproof sewage lines.

To sustain the weight of these massive structures, Tiwanaku architects were meticulous in creating foundations, often fitting stones directly to bedrock or digging precise trenches and carefully filling them with layered sedimentary stones to support large stone blocks.[8] Modern day engineers argue that the base of the Pumapunku temple was constructed using a technique called layering and depositing. By alternating layers of sand from the interior and layers of composite from the exterior, the fills would overlap each other at the joints, essentially grading the contact points to create a sturdy base.[3][8]

Notable features at Pumapunku are I-shaped architectural cramps, which are composed of a unique copper-arsenic-nickel bronze alloy. These I-shaped cramps were also used on a section of canal found at the base of the Akapana pyramid at Tiwanaku. These cramps were used to hold the blocks comprising the walls and bottom of stone-lined canals that drain sunken courts. I-cramps of unknown composition were used to hold together the massive slabs that formed Pumapunku's four large platforms. In the south canal of the Pumapunku, the I-shaped cramps were cast in place. In sharp contrast, the cramps used at the Akapana canal were fashioned by the cold hammering of copper-arsenic-nickel bronze ingots.[8][10] The unique copper-arsenic-nickel bronze alloy is also found in metal artifacts within the region between Tiwanaku and San Pedro de Atacama during the late Middle Horizon around 600-900.[11].....snip~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumapunku
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think it is evidence of ancient aliens or is it possible there was an older civilization that existed before the recorded Creation of the bible.

The Sumerians are what is the known Oldest Civilization to write. Althought with the discovery of those older civilizations in around Pakistan and Turkey. This may not be the case. But lets go with them anyways.

http://www.fsmitha.com/h1/ch01.htm
    In that part of the Middle East called the Fertile Crescent, hunter-gatherers began planting gardens. By 7000 BCE there was farming, which required permanent settlement. By 4500 BCE, people archaeologists call Ubaidians were living in towns near where the Tigris and Euphrates rivers emptied into the Persian Gulf. The Ubaidians drained marshes. They grew wheat and barley and irrigated their crops by digging ditches to river waters. They kept farm animals. Some manufactured pottery. They did weaving, leather or metal work, and some were involved in trade with other societies.

By 4000 BCE to the south in Syria a society existed that had regional centers and a complex government. Here, as with the Ubaidians, people baked bread in huge ovens and manufactured fine pottery. In the year 2000 of modern times, at Tell Hamoukar, archaeologists discovered a protective city wall, and they described the place of their digging as more than a town. They described it as a city. And they found primitive hieroglyphics: markings for recording trade transactions.

It was around 4000 BCE that a people called Sumerians moved into Mesopotamia, perhaps from around the Caspian Sea. By 3800 BCE the Sumerians had supplanted the Ubaidians and Semites in southern Mesopotamia. They built better canals for irrigating crops and for transporting crops by boat to village centers. They improved their roads, over which their donkeys trod, some of their donkeys pulling wheeled carts. And the Sumerians grew in number, the increase in population the key element in creating what we call civilization -- a word derived from an ancient word for city.....snip~

Althought technically they were not the first.....the Ubaidians were. Which the Sumerians surplanted.

http://www.fsmitha.com/h1/ch01.htm

Books
    Ancient Mesopotamia at the Dawn of Civilization: the Evolution of an Urban Landscape, by Guillermo Algaze, 2008
    History Begins at Sumer, by Samuel Noah Kramer, 3rd Edition, 1989
    The Sumerians -- Their History, Culture and Character, by Samuel Noah Kramer, 1971
    Sumer and Sumerians, by Harriet Crawford, 1991
    Babylonians, by H.W.F. Saggs, 1999 (Includes Ubaid period and the Sumerians to 500 BCE)
    The Quest for Food: Its Role in Human Evolution & Migration, by Ivan Crowe, 2000

Last edited by MMC; 05-26-2012 at 06:55 AM.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angels and Aliens.....Part 1.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part Two of Angels and Aliens.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part 3 and the final part to Angels and Aliens.

Take ya time with the videos. We can discuss them separately or together.

+ Reply to Thread